The Ren'Ai Archive (renai.us, RAA) all-in-one thread

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
koroshiya97

Re: The Ren'Ai Archive (renai.us, RAA) all-in-one thread

#256 Post by koroshiya97 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:17 pm

KimiYoriBaka wrote:@oi oi oi: umm...that's a link to a torrent from pirate's bay. Are you sure it's legal? also, that's sounds like it should be on a hentai thread.
Yup, i'm sure it's legal. I made it with ren'py and ms paint. I just like torrents better than direct download sites.
Also, it's not hentai... unless you think something like OMGWTFOTL should be called hentai.

Renmiou
Regular
Completed: The End of an Actress (sprite art), Blackberry Honey (contributing CG artist), Rising Angels: Hope, Black Closet, Tuesday, Chronicle Of Mars, Tristan & Iseult, Heiress II
Projects: MorningStar: Grand Tour, Dear & Mine, Unreleased potions shop game, unreleased space RPG game
Deviantart: Renmiou

#257 Post by Renmiou » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:36 pm

I'm having an issue when trying to add a file to a VN:

Code: Select all

Error #-200: HTTP Error.
I tried using more than one browser, but I still get it. Sometimes the upload will complete, sometimes it won't. Regardless, even if it hits 100%, I still get the error and the file won't be on the VN's page. I was trying to add the build for Young Earth Road Trip, as I noticed that the files were screenshots only (I edited that and put them as screenshots instead of files now) but I just can't upload the game itself on the archives.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#258 Post by PyTom » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:55 am

I'd suggest instead of uploading to renai.us, upload to itch.io and link to your page there. It seems to work better. And I'm busy enough with Ren'Py that fixing renai.us doesn't seem like a high priority.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
"Silly and fun things are important." - Elon Musk
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Renmiou
Regular
Completed: The End of an Actress (sprite art), Blackberry Honey (contributing CG artist), Rising Angels: Hope, Black Closet, Tuesday, Chronicle Of Mars, Tristan & Iseult, Heiress II
Projects: MorningStar: Grand Tour, Dear & Mine, Unreleased potions shop game, unreleased space RPG game
Deviantart: Renmiou

#259 Post by Renmiou » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:52 am

Just FYI, as I understand you're not going to work on the site any more: I tried doing that, but I just received an error (the site said the admin was notified). At least for me, even being logged in it's not possible to edit the previous page to the itch.io one. As the dev's previous site is now offline and it can't be edited, the ren.ai listing is just going to redirect there.