Any Ren'ai prgrams out there?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
GojiColin

Any Ren'ai prgrams out there?

#1 Post by GojiColin »

I have to admit when it comes to programming, I am about as skilled as a brick; and yet my mind seems to be overflowing with ideas for some good games. I was wondering if anyone knew of any sites that might have the basic programming done so us unskilled sorts can just fill in the blanks, so to speak.

Any help would be much appreciated.
If life were a Ren'ai game, I might have a happy ending.

Eiji
Regular

#2 Post by Eiji »

Muto of Mutoanime.com was working on such a thing.. it was a datesim generator called YAD-S..

sadly as far as I know the site has vanished.. too bad.. I was liking the demo of his date sim.. "Together" it was VERY well done, what I could see of it I mean.

uchuusen

#3 Post by uchuusen »

As far as I know, Muto's site has not vanished. Actually, I just checked it now. It hasn't been updated since September of last year though...
I don't know if he is still working on YAD-S, but it does appear as though he has popped up recently in another forum somewhere, so it seems as though he is still around.

Returning to the original topic, I have used a game scripting engine known as Sphere a few times. It's a bit difficult at first, but it's basically just Javascript with some Sphere specific commands, it seems. It was developed with RPG's in mind, but I think it could be used for other types of games without too much trouble. I think their site is sphere.sourceforge.net.

I'm not sure about any other systems, but I have heard someone was using the Verge game scripting engine to make a ren'ai game. It seems mostly similar to Sphere, but it looked like the development of it was in chaos, last time I saw.

That's about all I know.

Eiji
Regular

#4 Post by Eiji »

still there? Thats odd...

last 3 weeks I couldnt bring his page up at all.. kept getting the "DNS Failure"

Zero

#5 Post by Zero »

Sphere can be used for any purpose you want it to, but RPGs are what it does best.

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#6 Post by kara24601 »

I'm using Adrift and Adventure Game Studio / AGS to make games.

I haven't finished any projects myself but some people have made ren'ai games with Adrift but as far as I know it's not something that's been done with AGS before so I'm hoping that some of my AGS projects , since I'm trying my hand at ren'ai too , will be a refreshing change and inspiration....