Untouched demo

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
BlackSpider
Regular

#16 Post by BlackSpider »

I finally tryed the Untouched demo. Well, yes. It's quite buggy. But the artwork is great. I wish I could draw and CG like that. Very nice style :).
The problem I am having though is that it is taking ALOT longer than I thought. I am willing to accept the shear depths that I am in here, just floating down shit creek hoping a passing bear will think I'm a salmon.
These games always look easier to create than it is in reality. That's only when you start to code the script that you realize what you jumped for :). Especially when you're making a game with the "True Love type of gameplay". Anyway, so far the interface is very good and the game really looks promissing. Can only wish you good luck and wait for a less buggy release...

BTW Mikey, those mutoanime games ruined my Win98SE system last year :(. When I uninstalled them they deleted some crucial dll libraries (riched32.dll among others) making advanced text editors and sometimes even MS IE impossible to use normally. I could only fix the problem by reinstalling the mutoanime games once again (this time for forever ;)).

akua

demo

#17 Post by akua »

How long is the demo because i can never get passed feb 2. No matter what i do at the end it becomes him studying in english.

Grey
Veteran

#18 Post by Grey »

It ends on the 4th of Febuary, but there are no events on the 3rd. You're just missing the credits which are quite funny, and include what may be 3 possible other characters.

Of course to get past the second I had to make a small change to the (unprotected) save file.

Danny_Mc_B

Save File

#19 Post by Danny_Mc_B »

I was wondering how long it would take someone to crack the save file logistics. The reason it is unprotected and so easy to change is mainly for debugging purposes. The other reason is that I'm lazy.

Danny

Grey
Veteran

#20 Post by Grey »

Heh, not long at all once you open the thing up and everythings layed out nicely. I did it quite a while ago. It's a bit lazy though storing the day mon tue wed etc when you could just write some code to calculate it. It's rather mathematical, but I could show you what I'd write in flash and you could adapt it to VB if you want.

How's the game coming along by the way? I'd like to be able to help, because it's a very nice looking game, but the only way I could do so is by reprogramming the engine in Flash's actionscript and giving you the source so you could get on with writing the story into it.

Danny_Mc_B

-=:|:=-

#21 Post by Danny_Mc_B »

Thanks for the offer but I have already done 3/4 of the engine into VB.NET and I convinced one of my friends to help me. Thanks for the offer anyway. I would like to see that flash date script you can mail it here untouched@kooee.com.au or you can mail me with other details.

Thanks Again.

DannyMcB

Grey
Veteran

#22 Post by Grey »

OK then. Good luck with the last quarter :)

I've sent the script along to that address, so just reply to the E-mail or reply here if you need any further explanation of it :)

none

Question

#23 Post by none »

Can you give us an estimate on when the game with the new script will be posted online amd when the full version will be finished?

Ziff

#24 Post by Ziff »

When will the next issue of Untouched come out?

#25 Post by Guest »

Any new news?

Danny_Mc_B

#26 Post by Danny_Mc_B »

The game will be a while, I lost a month worth of work, and then my exams came up fast. I'm not giving up though. it'll be a while though. The next chapter of Untouched - The Comic will be out very soon, he's just finishing up some final things.

DannyMcB

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#27 Post by musical74 »

All in all I do like it, but ran across two problems...wondering if they are Win98 problems or just a bug issue?

Issue #1 - the graphics...it will say I'm in the study center and it still shows the english class graphic...not really an issue, just annoying

Issue #2 - it seems to *freeze up* occasionally....doesn't happen every time, just off and on....wondering if that one is on my end though.

It is a good game, looking forwards to seeing the finished version! =)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#28 Post by mikey »

musical74 wrote:Issue #2 - it seems to *freeze up* occasionally....doesn't happen every time, just off and on....wondering if that one is on my end though.
Not really (*scrolls through earlier posts*), but we keep our fingers crossed for a newer release.

MasterPete

#29 Post by MasterPete »

Hi, I'm the guy who did the graphic for Untouched.

Issue #1 - the graphics...it will say I'm in the study center and it still shows the english class graphic...not really an issue, just annoying

No, really, that's OUR real Study Centre! I took photo from the real thing and vectorise it.

Well, I find out this thread by accident (from checking the link reference back to my webcomic site.) The game'd be on indifinate hold because DannyMcB got a girlfriend... The only thing I can do is turn the storyline into a solo webcomic -_-' (Geez, and I sit there for weeks writing out the scenario! And all those unused CG I did! GAAH!) I wish I could finish the game but I got zero skills in programing -_-'

Well, I hope you guys enjoy the webcomic, at least...

http://www.bluebuster.net/untouched/

Or just direct download :P
http://www.bluebuster.net/untouched/man ... d_Ch01.zip
http://www.bluebuster.net/untouched/man ... d_Ch02.zip
http://www.bluebuster.net/untouched/man ... d_Ch03.zip
http://www.bluebuster.net/untouched/man ... d_Ch04.zip

PS. Image from latest chapter
[/img]

Tage
Regular

#30 Post by Tage »

Hey! I love your art! Have you taken a look at PyTom's Ren'Py? It's a visual novel engine. You really don't need to know any programming for all the normal features. It is very straightforward. It's practically in english language. Very very simple. However, I can't say too much because I, myself, am a programmer. :? It has its own section in these forums. We'd be glad to help you with ANY questions you have! Even give you code snippets if you need them. I'd love to see this game get done! It looks so nice! :cry:

I wish I had a girlfriend and ditch this online-dependent life... lol, it's this online-dependent life that is keeping me from the real world however... So I'll never be able to meet someone... :roll:

Alright, I wish you the best of luck!