Google i/O: Android dev related announcements.

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

Google i/O: Android dev related announcements.

#1 Post by Blane Doyle »

I felt this was useful for people who look to either develop for android exclusively or port their games to Android at a later date.

Android Studio is apparently now easier to use, offering live streaming and editing of your app. Which sounds pretty awesome. They are also offer optimization, referral tracking, and money tools (such as showing you more coherently how much money you earn and from where).

But they now also offer translation services. I assume it may cost you a pretty penny, but if you want to translate your game and can't find anyone within the community to do it, Google will not offer you that option directly through the App Store.

All in all, it sounds like they're trying to make the app store more dev friendly. Small things, but they could go a long way. What do you guys think? If you have android apps, what do you think about these updates? If you do not, would this make you consider developing for them?

Note: I know NOTHING about developing for Android. I just play the games...

Sources:
http://www.firstpost.com/tech/google-io ... 86015.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z35Fb4j0ScY

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Re: Google i/O: Android dev related announcements.

#2 Post by jack_norton »

Android is slowly getting better and better. I really hope one day surpasses iOS in term of revenues/profitability since is already a breeze working on it (just compare the instant publish option with the totally insane approval process of iOS...).
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games