Very important message

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Kranp Tosp

Very important message

#1 Post by Kranp Tosp »

Hello everybody. I am here today because of an issue concerning Renai games. I was hoping to convince you to join the No More Renai foundation.

People are becoming deliberated shut-ins because of this problem. They don't want to, but end up doing it anyhow. They learn to love this irritable cause of doom.

My sister is hospitalized because of these games. She was colliding kitchenware against her head screaming "Stop! no more voices!" because of this important matter. She is now in a serious coma-She might not survive.

I'm not opposed to the games itself, more of this horrible attribute of them. You can still play these games BUT request them with missing sound files.

So, without further ado, Please support us in our quest for peace. Games are okay, but lets get rid of those horrible squeeky anime girl voices once and for all!

Remember, use Yaoi voice casting instead. They are mostly not that sqeeky.

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#2 Post by Enerccio »

It is a joke or what?

I just like Japanese voice acting in renai or hentai or whatever... its personal taste, so I will recommend use voices each time...

If that is true, I am sorry for your sister, but that will not change the fact that Japanese voice acting is great and preferred for me.

And I am high vn addicted so nothing will change that fact....

(Yaoi sucks....)
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#3 Post by PyTom »

This is a joke by one of our board members.

(I will point out that admins have this nifty tool that let's us see the IP address a post was from... and other posts from that same IP address. Useful, don't you think?)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#4 Post by Enerccio »

LOL Yeah
(still these can be two users behind NAT... or am I wrong?)
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by DaFool »

Uh...is this forum member not aware that most of our games can't even afford voice acting?

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

Re: Very important message

#6 Post by mikey »

Kranp Tosp wrote:I'm not opposed to the games itself, more of this horrible attribute of them. You can still play these games BUT request them with missing sound files.
There may be a workaround. Contemporary science is now able to perform an ear operation that destroys your ability of hearing a certain frequency - removing the ear's ability to hear the "Japanese Anime Girl" frequency range is a routine operation. You will still hear the voices of normal humans (and normal VA), and be able to listen to normal music - but the headaches and bleeding ears of VNs or anime romantic comedies will be gone. In addition to this, you will be protected against certain intrusive forms of J-Pop as well. Schedule an appointment today and enhance your lifestyle - be protected and feel no more the Voice Agony! ;)

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#7 Post by F.I.A »

Mirror the name and you get "pranK posT". Go figure if it is serious or not. :lol:

If anything, the game I could think out of my head which will cause such syndrome such as of your sister's is the guro VN "Saya No Uta". Refrain from knowing it, if possible, as even a bite of dose can strangle even the strongest man.
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#8 Post by mikey »

F.I.A wrote:Mirror the name and you get "pranK posT". Go figure if it is serious or not.
Well, you don't really get "pranK posT", but "pnarK psoT". There goes your theory ;)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#9 Post by lordcloudx »

F.I.A wrote:If anything, the game I could think out of my head which will cause such syndrome such as of your sister's is the guro VN "Saya No Uta". Refrain from knowing it, if possible, as even a bite of dose can strangle even the strongest man.
a yuki no uta is fine too
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Jake
Support Hero

#10 Post by Jake »

mikey wrote:
F.I.A wrote:Mirror the name and you get "pranK posT". Go figure if it is serious or not.
Well, you don't really get "pranK posT", but "pnarK psoT". There goes your theory ;)
Well, it's more 'reverse the first and last letters of each word'. But hey, he was close. ;-)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#11 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Actually it is an anagram of Prank Post. I wrote this. :mrgreen: Hope it gave you a laugh!
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

Candle
Regular

#12 Post by Candle »

made me laugh..
Administrator @ Adventure Maker

Radhreni
Regular

#13 Post by Radhreni »

Got a chuckle out of me. Waaay too over-the-top to take seriously.

chisa-chan
Regular

#14 Post by chisa-chan »

Enerccio wrote:(Yaoi sucks....)
Respect people's taste, Enerccio. Not all of yaoi-related ones are suck.

Lol, this joke works on me.
Kalau tidak suka ya jangan diladeni, gitu aja kok repot™.
Cynanthia's Blog (Indonesian)

Mirielle
Regular
Deviantart: miirne
Soundcloud: mirne-1

#15 Post by Mirielle »

B-b-but....

T-the v-v-voices...

T-there's a market in the voices!

I loved this joke. Very nice.
Available for voice acting - Please listen to my demo reel!