What do you think is lacking in the OELVN scenario?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.

What do you think is lacking in the OELVN scenario?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:00 pm

Horror or suspense stories
34%
Dating games or similar
3%
Hentai, hentai!
10%
Comedy
24%
I don't care as long as they're Epics
21%
Other (please post what)
7%

Total votes: 29

Terren

#31 Post by Terren »

Septimus wrote:I think that what OELVNs really need is their own cultural style. I'm not judging those who choose to follow in the footsteps of japanese VNs, but what I'd really like to see is more OELVNs that reflect western cultures rather than japanese ones. With a good number of western-style VNs I hope that OELVNs can set themselves apart from the japanese ones that they were inspired by and gain their own fanbase. This may only be a dream though as all VNs seem to be declining in popularity nowadays.
Agreed!! I think that would be very interesting..as long as it didn't apply to the art style as well XD I can't stand marvel type American comic-style.

Though I voted for horror~ *horror junkie* It's the only thing that doesn't bore me when reading it for hours on end~

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

Re: What do you think is lacking in the OELVN scenario?

#32 Post by kara24601 »

Because I'm a huge Anime/Japan fan, naturally most of my games are going to be done with Anime style/characters and such in mind.

I also love American comic books. In fact, I prefer American comic books over Manga because of the fact that most manga are only released in Black and White....depending on the artist, I can really like the style of American comics but I prefer the style of Anime/Manga over American style. I think I'd start collecting more manga than American comic books if they wouldn't tease you with a color cover and then have the inside comic be...not in color. :evil:

Hmm...can't really think of something outside of Anime influence or that's Marvel/DC/other comic book style that's American that I like. Oh, yeah, there's Peanuts and Garfield and some other comics....

For those wanting more GxG , many of my projects will feature either a bisexual female or a lesbian female as the player character. Hmm....I am not good at estimating but I want to say that at least/"only" 20% or less will feature a "straight" female or a male as the PC/main character. I've thought about making a Victorian based ren'ai , as you can probably tell from my avatar. I might do a superhero based ren'ai sometime.

Really, more of everything...ren'ai, horror, rpg, whatever.
I want more.
Heh.

I'm definately interested in seeing more OEL hentai/adult games.

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

Re: What do you think is lacking in the OELVN scenario?

#33 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Yaoi and BL. Oh, and crossdressing.
Crossdressing as in not only "Girl dresses as boy, GxB" but also "GxG" and "Boy dresses as girl, BxG". That sorta thing.

But what I'd like right now would be a philosophical VN, probably involving blue. I love the colour blue.
Bishonen, girly, girly, girly boys in a gxb game. And I mean girly!
Noir. Lovely noir romance.

And these ideas might appeal mostly to people involved with GxB games:
Games with a cool heroine rescueinga cute bishonen.
Games about psykological states of mind. Like mental ward stuff.
Zetsuai. That means love with plently of angst involved.
Dominant girls. That means girls who go out there and make the world obey her!
Shy bishonen.
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com