Ideas Dump

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Ideas Dump

#661 Post by HigurashiKira »

Mink wrote:...I am a terrible person.
If you're a terrible person, than I'm even more terrible for loving that idea.
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#662 Post by Mink »

HI-FIVE FOR BEING TERRIBLE PEOPLE! WOO!

Seriously, I would totally do it, if anyone volunteered to help. I'd do the writing, or at least part of it, because I have N-Word Privileges. 8D
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#663 Post by RemnantDream »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:Just got this idea a while ago.

A girl had blurry eyesight and because of it, she wear thick glasses that make everyone tease her. But she is a strong but brash girl and so she starts fights with everyone that teases her. But one among them was her worse enemy. Until one time, her eyesight worsened until she became blind, and because of that, everyday activities became a pain, and someone has to assist her in even the simplest activities. Her so-called assistant --who her parents claim studies in the same school and is in the same age as she does-- became close friends with her, and helps her deal with the regrets and stuff she's experiencing.
The twist? The assistant's her worst enemy before. Drama ensues.
Whoever can executes this perfectly: I'm so proud of you.
I really like this idea o.O It sounds like it'd be really interesting.

Mink: Please. Please do that. I would love you forreeevvveeerrrrrr 8D

I had an idea for one. If you have ever seen the movie Fireproof, it's based off that. It is a Christian movie, but it could really be done with or without the religious message.

A man and a woman are married, but their relationship is falling apart. They are drifting closer and closer to divorce. The man's father challenges his son to try to win his wife back by following the steps written in a notebook, the same steps his own wife had used back on him years ago. He reluctantly tries, but things don't work out well. His wife is not interested and another man she works with is showing an interest in her. Based on the choices made, you could help the man get his wife back or drive her away for good.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG

#664 Post by Mink »

I mean it, if someone offers to co-write, and someone else was willing to do the art (I'd be...okay...with programming), I would totally make that into a game.

"Welcome to Royal Street. WELCOME TO HELL."

Next time I'm in New Orleans, I'm going to have to go see that place.

*Website, yo*

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#665 Post by gekiganwing »

Odds-and-ends ideas...

1) Your character is supposed to be preparing for an arranged marriage. Maybe you're being courted by your future husband/wife in what tropers call "wife husbandry." You're starting to have serious doubts about this relationship, and thinking that you should date other people. Do you stand by your (wo)man? Do you try to call off the marriage?

2) There are some fandom clubs which have a diverse group of members and attendees. This is not one of them. It's been 95%-100% women for quite some time, and they're happy to keep it that way. They enjoy talking about their fannish interests in a place where no one will bother or judge them. And then your character arrives and disrupts them.

2a) ...Your character is the first straight guy in the group. This can be played for broad comedy (as in the comics series Aoi House), especially if he treats the group as if they were his harem. But it can be taken more seriously, as in the series Princess Jellyfish.

2b) ...Your character is another girl, but your views clash with theirs. You might be more cynical, more serious, more feminine, more interested in OTPs, etc. *If* there is a straight guy NPC in the group, then you might have to deal with his antics, or have relationship problems as part of his so-called harem. Regardless, you attend the group looking for friends or maybe love, but you find that dealing with people -- even those with common interests -- isn't always easy.
Mink wrote: "Welcome to Royal Street. WELCOME TO HELL."
I've seen some horrifying and GRIMDARK harem games. But this story would probably be the grimmest and darkest reverse harem.

xelacroix
Regular
Projects: beautiful girls

#666 Post by xelacroix »

Start game. more like alter ego. but better with graphic

customize character. can add profile pic.

choose family: poor, medium, rich

u will always get 2 parent, 1 lil brother, 1 lil sister because u were 1st born.

u can choose to start at childhood or teen. childhood is interesting because like u reading chibimaruko manga book.

Sherry (15)
1 January 2012
Monday. dawn, 6 am.

each month u can choose 5 out of 10 episodes to play.

1.family
2. social
3. school (grades,club)
4. risk/chance
5. bestfriend
6. boyfriend
7. grooming
8. works.
9. emotionals
10. physical/health

boyfriend - different with alter ego, here we can choose place, then the type of guy at the place, either handsome, average or nerd. the nerd could be a genius or milionair, its tricky.

u will get 5 auto notice every month according to ur status.

BEAUTIFUL LIFE
LIFE STATUS

Relationship status: Going steady with James (soccer star)
GOOD CREDIT RATING

Familial: 82
Intellectual: 100
Physical: 60
Persona: 70
Vocational: 100
Happiness: 79
Trustworthiness: 51
Grooming: 97
Beauty: 99
Flair: 88

Money: 122619
Debt: 150000
Income per turn: 27272
Thoughtless spending per turn: 23652

Acquisitions: BICYCLE
SPORTS CAR
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT
JUNGLE TRIP
HOUSE - CONTEMPORARY

Start of the games, u need to answer 20 true/false question to decide points on each stats.

Familial: 50

I hate one of my sibling.false +20

i want more attention from my parent. true+20

Intellectual: 70

george w bush was the real terrorist true +30

money can buy everything. false+30

Physical: 50

I love to stay until late at night false +20

I love double cheese burger. true +20

Persona: 60

My peers always sees me as a leader. true +25

Im afraid of perverts. false +25

Vocational: 30

I like building my own dynasty rather than continue others. true +10

I hope i can have a bilionaire parent so i can enjoy life more. false +10

Happiness: 40

I have one happy family. true +15

I hate losing. false +15

Trustworthiness: 40

I never steal in the supermarket. true +15

I always cheat on my relationships. false +15

Grooming: 60

I think too much make up is horrible. true +25

I love short hair style. false+25

Beauty: 70

I have the ability to seduce any guy i want. true +30

I looks ugly when wearing a shawl. false +30

Flair:60

Im bad at sport. false+25

Im talented at destroying things.true+25

start status is all 10.

if u happen to correct all the answer, this is ur status.

Familial: 50
Intellectual: 70
Physical: 50
Persona: 60
Vocational: 30
Happiness: 40
Trustworthiness: 40
Grooming: 60
Beauty: 70
Flair: 60

i'll continue details later..if u want to know more about my game, try alter ego....the different is its more visuals and have character customizations and profile pic ( u can put real life person pic as u)

purple_pockets
Regular

#667 Post by purple_pockets »

Forgive me if these ideas are dumb. I have been drooling over the idea of a BL otome game recently, but I am reluctant to post it because it might either be dumb or weird. Also, my parents might look at me funny for being interested in something like that. :oops:
If you really must know, it would deal with the psychological aspects of ignored feelings, put in the form of romance. I think that the main character would be someone famous or really successful, (I am thinking somewhere along the lines of an actor) and have a history of unsuccessful relationships with women due to his true feelings for guys. He has some sort of awakening, and discovers that he could potentially find the love of his life if he stopped pretending for once. Of course, there would be some terrible endings, and then there would be some better endings, and then there would be a perfect ending, and everyone lives happily ever after.
An idea that I have involves a Greek-mythology infused slightly horror-like story. Cassie (I know, I'll get another name. It was either that or Hecate) can see dead people and talk to them. Somehow, the dead people know a lot more about the state of minds of the Gods, and because of this Cassie can predict disaster. She, of course, is ignored, but Athena takes pity on her and asks her to figure out some things that happened in the past. She helps clear the names of several dead people that would otherwise be sent to Tartarus, but has to be careful, lest she induce the wrath of the Gods. It would sort of be part Perry Mason, part Murder She Wrote, and part Clash of the Titans, and include several endings. Horror would probably come from the crimes. I am not quite sure if Cassie finds out her information through relentless interviews or what...

The last idea involves a creepy house and a rich teenager with too much time on her hands. One day, Andi buys a seemingly decrepit house. She thinks that because of the location and possible historical value, she should rescue it. It turns out that the house is much bigger and older than she had originally thought, and a few of the rooms are in great condition. Other rooms are less than ideal, and will be really hard and costly to restore, but Andi is committed. The first night that Andi spends in the old house, she hears some feet scuffling on the floor. To Andi's horror, there is a young woman living in her house. Later, Andi would develop a relationship with the woman (I think that her name will be Lisbeth) and help Lisbeth pick up the broken pieces of her troubled past and move on, while at the same time try to fix up the house and avoid her rage. I think that this game will include a little bit of supernatural stuff, but it wouldn't be like "Twilight" or "Harry Potter".

If any of this sounds good in the least bit, please tell me and help me. I often get overwhelmed by a project like this, and also will get motivation issues because its not as good as sakevisual...Thanks.
A teenager's favorite phrase:
No sé y no me importa.
Translation: I don't know and I don't care

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran

#668 Post by Mink »

Part Clash of the Titans as in...a terrible action movie with no actual titans? HIYOOO!

@gekiganwing: Who said anything about a harem game, reverse or otherwise? Unless you're thinking slavery = harem, which case...no.

Anyway: Madame LaLaurie horror game endings, because I'm that bored right now:
-you think you've escaped the house, but it turns out you've been dead the whole time.
-you end up as a ghost and possess someone to leave, going for a Roaring Rampage of Revenge
-you die in various ways like in Corpse Party
...Yep, I'm going to hell. On the other hand, I'd punch myself in the face if I attempted to make a happy fun time game based on this, and it's about slaves. 8|

Hello, Disney's Song of the South. How are YOU doing?

Edit: Dawns on me I could always go, "Inpired by the events at the Madame LaLaurie house, and the crazy bitch titular Madame LaLaurie" to BS my way through certain parts of it.

*Website, yo*

umemi

#669 Post by umemi »

purple_pockets wrote: The last idea involves a creepy house and a rich teenager with too much time on her hands. One day, Andi buys a seemingly decrepit house. She thinks that because of the location and possible historical value, she should rescue it. It turns out that the house is much bigger and older than she had originally thought, and a few of the rooms are in great condition. Other rooms are less than ideal, and will be really hard and costly to restore, but Andi is committed. The first night that Andi spends in the old house, she hears some feet scuffling on the floor. To Andi's horror, there is a young woman living in her house. Later, Andi would develop a relationship with the woman (I think that her name will be Lisbeth) and help Lisbeth pick up the broken pieces of her troubled past and move on, while at the same time try to fix up the house and avoid her rage. I think that this game will include a little bit of supernatural stuff, but it wouldn't be like "Twilight" or "Harry Potter".
I really like this idea. I've been playing with an idea somewhat similar to this, where the protagonist enters a house with a companion (a person or a pet) to escape the rain, only to not find it as abandoned as they first believed. The dweller is an enraged ghost child (or is she?), and the protagonist has to find a way to both calm the spirit and escape the labyrinth of a home.

Wyldstrife
Completed: Working on that
Projects: How 2 D!e
Organization: CMI

#670 Post by Wyldstrife »

Here's my idea that I've been pondering for a while, and hopefully will get to see realized someday... in the future.

The basic premise is that your character, whom you'll be able to choose whether is female or male, has been forced by his or her parents to attend a private international university. The basic idea of such an institution is to allow for a wide variety of characters from different ethnic backgrounds, with different views on everything between the sky and the earth, pretty much. However, the goal of the game is not necessarily to romance anyone; although there would be plenty of opportunity to attempt this, whether BxG, GxG, GxG or BxB, it's all up to the player to do what he or she thinks is best befitting their character. Instead, the actual goal of the game is to establish 'relationships' with people, leading up to an ending of the first school year, with different outcomes depending on what kind of relationship you chose to establish with certain individuals. The most befitting reference frame for such an ending, would have to be from Fallout 2's ending, in which the narrator focused his attention towards the cities the protagonist had visited and the impact he or she had left on it; variations in the outcome, depending on the protagonist actions, of course.

So that's the short version of my idea.

The TL;DR version: School Dating Sim with multiple outcomes and stat tracking system.
I just can’t sit any other way than this. If I sit the way other people do, my reasoning ability drops by 40%.

ebi brain
Regular
Organization: Zettai Rookie Project

#671 Post by ebi brain »

Otome game.

She's putting the finishing touches on her story, fixes the last errors in her code and adds the last couple of characters sprites to her game.
Then, as she rejoices on finishing the game and kisses her computer screen, she suddenly gets sucked into the game.
After a while, she realizes that she's in her own otome game. She's scared at first, but then, thinking about all of the dream boys that she created she gets really excited and runsto the school where most of the story takes place, all the while thinking that she is the main character.
When she greets her so-called best friend.... He doesn't seem to recognize her, and she gets labeled "the new girl".

Enter the heroine of this game, and slowly things fall into place. The girl is just a side character that she wrote about but haven't really included in her game.

Since she's stuck in the game anywayy, The girl decides to try and win one of the guys over and in doing so, unknowingly to the heroine, they become rivals...

?
At least that's going to be the "plot" of my next test game :p
(yeah..I decided to slowly work on my big game and do some testing while I'm still brainstorming)
Since I have our site RSI, I used speech recognition by, sometimes this means I'll make some mistakes. :D

My sketchbook - Come yell at me :D

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#672 Post by gekiganwing »

It's said that if the prophesied hero will find a legendary item that's been lost for ages, and will then carry it until evil is vanquished. You're an ordinary person, and right now, you have the item in your possession. But that's only because you watched the real hero die, and you picked it up once the smoke cleared.

Few people know that the hero is dead. Perhaps you were his only (surviving) companion or apprentice. Or perhaps a few of the hero's friends and family are still alive, but news is traveling slowly. And unless the villains have an excellent communication network, they may not learn of the hero's demise for some time.

Since you don't have many skills, do you get involved in the war between good and evil? If you do, then how will you survive this conflict?

(This is loosely based on a small plot point from Chrono Trigger. If you get the reference, then I envision that the main character is either a less powerful version of Frog, or a more confident version of Tata.)
ebi brain wrote:...The girl is just a side character that she wrote about but haven't really included in her game. Since she's stuck in the game anywayy, The girl decides to try and win one of the guys over and in doing so, unknowingly to the heroine, they become rivals...
One would hope that the two girls would get along. But since you need a conflict, it's probably safe to assume that both girls have their own plans.

Does the "real" girl escape? Does she get booted out of the game world after the story ends? If she's stuck there, is that a good or a bad thing? Is this a video game where real things (such as sleep, toilets, non-relevant conversations, and insurance payments) don't actually exist?

ebi brain
Regular
Organization: Zettai Rookie Project

#673 Post by ebi brain »

gekiganwing wrote:
ebi brain wrote:...The girl is just a side character that she wrote about but haven't really included in her game. Since she's stuck in the game anywayy, The girl decides to try and win one of the guys over and in doing so, unknowingly to the heroine, they become rivals...
One would hope that the two girls would get along. But since you need a conflict, it's probably safe to assume that both girls have their own plans.

Does the "real" girl escape? Does she get booted out of the game world after the story ends? If she's stuck there, is that a good or a bad thing? Is this a video game where real things (such as sleep, toilets, non-relevant conversations, and insurance payments) don't actually exist?
Actually I think the fun part would be to focus on the things the main characters would do, outside of the planned screen time.
Kind of like the... exploring the backstage of the game.. If that makes any sense at all.

But this was just an idea that I've been playing with, I don't know how it ends yet hence why I put it in the ideas dump. ;-)
Since I have our site RSI, I used speech recognition by, sometimes this means I'll make some mistakes. :D

My sketchbook - Come yell at me :D

persium

#674 Post by persium »

so I'm here because I had this idea to do something with a bunch of these characters I thought have become quite nicely-developed.
college VN, with 6 girl characters to chase if you pick the male protagonist, and 6 boy characters to chase if you pick the female protagonist. the unpicked protagonist would be one of the routes. stat-raiser & dating sim, with the day planner thing. game runs from late September to early December, with the ending being the protagonist at Christmas, spending it with the girl/guy they picked, or by themselves if they didn't get a character to like them enough.

I have this fairly thought through in terms of characters and their plots too but I'm not sure I want to continue without a programmer (so I can write in the basic programming when I write the script and save someone's time, or my time) and it's not gonna be enough to post a WIP thread so I could recruit someone... OTL
that, or I just get someone who can get me through the programming aspect. I think I could handle the part written in with the gamescript... but making everything work... idk about doing that myself.

and I'm still not sure I can get this to stand out from other school-setting VNs, it's only really got the characters to go for it... I'm trying to make something like SMT Persona games without the dungeoncrawling/world-saving/people-saving part, if that would make anything stand out a bit more.
find me @ dA ~

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#675 Post by curry nochi rice »

rescue people VN.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.