Ideas Dump

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

Re: Ideas Dump

#766 Post by Mink »

Or a game where you play as General Sherman, where the goal is to burn as much stuff as possible.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#767 Post by Hayzel »

I actually had an idea for an otome game....please don't hit me Hiji

So this girl has these toys she played with as a child , like a teddy bear, maybe a cowboy doll, etc. Anyway, she loved them a lot but when she got to a certain age and they became embarrassing she boxed them in her closet. So then her birthday roles around or something and suddenly all these guys with abnormal features pop up, (such as a guy with bear ears and a bow tie similar to her bear, a cowboy.) Anyway, I'm bad at explaining things ;w; Basically she falls for one of the toys, who are now suddenly handsome men, and you go from there.

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#768 Post by RunicV »

Hope you guys don't mind me joining in the conversation...
Mink wrote: So this girl has these toys she played with as a child , like a teddy bear, maybe a cowboy doll, etc. Anyway, she loved them a lot but when she got to a certain age and they became embarrassing she boxed them in her closet. So then her birthday roles around or something and suddenly all these guys with abnormal features pop up, (such as a guy with bear ears and a bow tie similar to her bear, a cowboy.) Anyway, I'm bad at explaining things ;w; Basically she falls for one of the toys, who are now suddenly handsome men, and you go from there.
That sounds pretty good, but actually, that's a rather overused plotline... :/ It's been used in the movie Toy Story 3, too. I've also come across lots of stuff that have a similiar storyline to that.

Then again, it's been overused because it is a good storyline. :D I guess if someone were to create that game and make it into a visual novel, people wouldn't really play it because of the storyline. You'd have to make the graphics and dialogue really good.

There are a lot of interesting ideas in this forum, and I've only read, like, four pages so far. Time to read all of them... ^_^

[EDIT]: I gave up at the 23rd page. "OTL Too many.

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#769 Post by Hayzel »

RunicV wrote:Hope you guys don't mind me joining in the conversation...
Mink wrote: So this girl has these toys she played with as a child , like a teddy bear, maybe a cowboy doll, etc. Anyway, she loved them a lot but when she got to a certain age and they became embarrassing she boxed them in her closet. So then her birthday roles around or something and suddenly all these guys with abnormal features pop up, (such as a guy with bear ears and a bow tie similar to her bear, a cowboy.) Anyway, I'm bad at explaining things ;w; Basically she falls for one of the toys, who are now suddenly handsome men, and you go from there.
That sounds pretty good, but actually, that's a rather overused plotline... :/ It's been used in the movie Toy Story 3, too. I've also come across lots of stuff that have a similiar storyline to that.

Then again, it's been overused because it is a good storyline. :D I guess if someone were to create that game and make it into a visual novel, people wouldn't really play it because of the storyline. You'd have to make the graphics and dialogue really good.

There are a lot of interesting ideas in this forum, and I've only read, like, four pages so far. Time to read all of them... ^_^

[EDIT]: I gave up at the 23rd page. "OTL Too many.
I mean they become human ;w; Unless Andy got with Buzz when I wasn't looking

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#770 Post by papillon »

Hayzel wrote: I mean they become human ;w; Unless Andy got with Buzz when I wasn't looking
MY NEW OTP!!!

(no, not really)

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#771 Post by RunicV »

I mean they become human ;w; Unless Andy got with Buzz when I wasn't looking
Yes, I know. But I'm saying that Toy Story has already the basics of that. Most of the time, it's a a childhood toy that becomes human or uses some sort of supernatural powers or something to get back at the protagonist. Something along those lines of getting involved with the protagonist someway, whether to hurt the protagonist for abandoning them or to try and get the protagonist to be interested in them.

But I like that storyline. :D It doesn't sound too bad, and I'd probably play/read it if your story is ever made into a game. It actually sounds kinda cool. Most people don't look for a plot-heavy otome game, so it could work. ^_^

(And I'm getting a little off-topic here, but I asked some of my friends who watched Toy Story, and most of them ship AndyxBuzz. Which made me LOL.)

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#772 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Lady and the Tramp

A lady falls in love with a trampoline. Can she convince society that she's really alright that way?

The answer is no.
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#773 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

redeyesblackpanda wrote:Lady and the Tramp

A lady falls in love with a trampoline. Can she convince society that she's really alright that way?

The answer is no.
Something based on objectophilia? That would be... interesting...

Argeus_the_Paladin
Veteran
Projects: Rzeczpospolita Polska 1647

#774 Post by Argeus_the_Paladin »

objectophilia
That... is a thing? I'm... surprised, to say the least.
One Province Minor - 120 class variables and still counting!

Because there is no such thing as too many variables.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#775 Post by Hijiri »

Argeus_the_Paladin wrote:
objectophilia
Trust me, there are fetishes for things you never thought possible, and are safe for work.

Idea I had:
A mountain hiker finds the remains of a guy who froze to death, he finds a journal next to the body and starts flipping through it, learning how he guy got there.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Argeus_the_Paladin
Veteran

#776 Post by Argeus_the_Paladin »

Hijiri wrote:
Argeus_the_Paladin wrote:
objectophilia
Trust me, there are fetishes for things you never thought possible, and are safe for work.
Well uh... I learn something new every day?
Idea I had:
A mountain hiker finds the remains of a guy who froze to death, he finds a journal next to the body and starts flipping through it, learning how he guy got there.
Just another day in good old Skyrim, I guess?

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#777 Post by Showsni »

redeyesblackpanda wrote:Bunny Jump!
The stat raising bunny jumping competition sim!
Raise a bunny to jump! Compete against other people!
Not to mention DRAMA! Yes! The drama of... other angry bunny jumpers?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNPOdffkkLo
Bunny show jumping exists? Ha, I kind of want someone to do this one...

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#778 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I would like to see an otome where the protagonist is born the daughter of a king and queen. Except you weren't born human. Even at a young age you showed unfathomable power. Fearing their daughter, the King and Queen attempt to have you killed. But you can't be killed, not by ordinary means anyway. So they lock you away, chained and bound away from the rest of the world. Years pass and the King and Queen die, leaving you as their only heir, the Queen. While you remain locked away, others run the country. But one day the country is invaded and the sea side capital falls under attack. All looks lost until the enemy makes one mistake. They unleash you.

You lay waste to their forces. But the citizens feel no comfort. They now had something much worse to worry about, an immortal Queen with the power to destroy them all. So what will you do? Take revenge? Rule with an iron fist? How will you react to their fear? And how will they react to you?

Argeus_the_Paladin
Veteran

#779 Post by Argeus_the_Paladin »

Interesting concept, aside from the bolded part here:
Auro-Cyanide wrote:I would like to see an otome where the protagonist is born the daughter of a king and queen. Except you weren't born human. Even at a young age you showed unfathomable power. Fearing their daughter, the King and Queen attempt to have you killed. But you can't be killed, not by ordinary means anyway. So they lock you away, chained and bound away from the rest of the world. Years pass and the King and Queen die, leaving you as their only heir, the Queen. While you remain locked away, others run the country. But one day the country is invaded and the sea side capital falls under attack. All looks lost until the enemy makes one mistake. They unleash you.

You lay waste to their forces. But the citizens feel no comfort. They now had something much worse to worry about, an immortal Queen with the power to destroy them all. So what will you do? Take revenge? Rule with an iron fist? How will you react to their fear? And how will they react to you?
For all intents and purposes, up to that point the princess has been disinherited and excluded from the royal line of succession. Knowing how intermarriage kind of worked in Europe - or any comparable European equivalent fantasy for that matter - you'll have one huge continental family tree with too many claimants for the crown to lean on should they be childless, to rely on a disinherited family member who might as well have been recorded down in the book as "Died in early childhood" *cough*CrusaderKings*cough*.

Aside from that historical accuracy issue, I like this idea. We should totally do some collab complex kingdom sim one of thsoe days :lol:

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#780 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Argeus_the_Paladin wrote:Interesting concept, aside from the bolded part here:
Auro-Cyanide wrote:I would like to see an otome where the protagonist is born the daughter of a king and queen. Except you weren't born human. Even at a young age you showed unfathomable power. Fearing their daughter, the King and Queen attempt to have you killed. But you can't be killed, not by ordinary means anyway. So they lock you away, chained and bound away from the rest of the world. Years pass and the King and Queen die, leaving you as their only heir, the Queen. While you remain locked away, others run the country. But one day the country is invaded and the sea side capital falls under attack. All looks lost until the enemy makes one mistake. They unleash you.

For all intents and purposes, up to that point the princess has been disinherited and excluded from the royal line of succession. Knowing how intermarriage kind of worked in Europe - or any comparable European equivalent fantasy for that matter - you'll have one huge continental family tree with too many claimants for the crown to lean on should they be childless, to rely on a disinherited family member who might as well have been recorded down in the book as "Died in early childhood" *cough*CrusaderKings*cough*.

Aside from that historical accuracy issue, I like this idea. We should totally do some collab complex kingdom sim one of thsoe days :lol:
Even if someone else ruled, she would still be Queen in all rights (given that the royal family couldn't kick people out and women could rule). If she was free, there would be no way to keep her from her rightful place on the throne. Not that anyone would want to. Actually it would be pretty interesting if one of the characters was the King who had to abdicate in favour of her XD
Last edited by Auro-Cyanide on Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.