Ideas Dump

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
enta
Veteran
Projects: One Moment in Summer(GxB/Supernatural)

Re: Ideas Dump

#1126 Post by enta »

After learning about this in our science class, this idea just popped in my head. However, I'm too busy with my other stuff to write this myself so I'm dumping it here.

The story involves a man who was one of the survivors of the great hanshin earthquake. He lost his family in a fire caused by the earthquake and was orphaned. Years later, he became a seismologist and is living happily with his new family in Okayama when he found out that the great nankai trough earthquake is going to happen really soon. The VN will revolve around this man's story as he race against time to make the citizens believe about the upcoming disaster and to save his family before it is too late.

A little thorough:

In Okayama, it rarely happens to have an earthquake unlike in other provinces so even if earthquake was really happening, some people just shrugs and continue whatever they do. According to some documentary and news, if the great nankai trough earthquake happens, almost half of the west Japan will be washed away by tsunami and even Okayama which is known for very few earthquakes is not safe at all. Apparently, the place I live is near the sea itself and is one of the most dangerous parts of the city if ever a tsunami comes.

Weeks ago, there have been a lot of earthquakes and landslides happening around. For one, great Okayama even had a magnitude 4 earthquake around 5am back then while it was 6 in Awaji and Kobe. Some experts believe that this must be signs of the forthcoming nankai trough earthquake.

Also, in the Tohoko earthquake and tsunami, one of the reasons why it seemed that a lot of people died was because most of the citizens didn't believe the warning and that the warning itself was announced too late. Or rather, people had the thought that climbing a mountain was safer than climbing a 10 story building thus they die trying to race with the water chasing them before they even step on the foot of a mountain.

Same in Kobe, it was also known that earthquakes don't come there so many people didn't believed the news and couldn't believe what happened after it.

-------------------------------

Or something like that <_< This would sound more like a documentary rather than a VN though. I've always wanted to write something that involves natural disasters but I just don't have the time.

Anyone interested in making this kind of VN, feel free to write this. ;)

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#1127 Post by LVUER »

This sounds interesting. I like a disaster movie, as long as it doesn't have sad ending (everyone dies ending or something like that) OR a movie about global disaster (where the whole world is destroyed, it's boring). I also like disaster game where the protagonist need to survive and go to evacuation point (saving more and more heroines along the way, may be ends up with one of them in the end ;P ).

If you don't mind with my art style, PM me.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

enta
Veteran

#1128 Post by enta »

It's actually too unbelievable that such a thing happens and no one dies(that is a miracle).

Unfortunately, I'll love to work with you in doing this but I can't get my hands off on my own project and those I'm helping with. >.<
I'll gladly help in some of the writings and researches if someone would pick up this idea though ^^; Thus why I'm dumping this here hoping that someone, someone more talented in writing would pick this up.

(I think this idea would work even if not set in Japan, I just happen to have more knowledge in this field since I live here).

LVUER
King of Lolies

#1129 Post by LVUER »

It's ok to have some people die, after all it's a disaster movie. What I mean is I don't like an ending where everyone dies... or at least 99.99% of entire cast die. It may be realistic but it's depressing. I want at least the protagonist and the heroine survives. Besides, Every-one-dies ending is not creative, IMO.

I think it's ok to be in Japan. It's one of most Earthquake-prone country after all... And we don't have to make this one immediately. I'm just saying if you're going to make one in the future, please remember me ;)
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes Of The Codex War, [ASH] the Seeds of Destruction
Projects: Cult of the Lily (18+)
Organization: PaperDoor Studios
Tumblr: paperdoorstudios
Deviantart: ShojiAmasawa
Soundcloud: Greyberry

#1130 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

Does anyone remember the 1965 British television show, Thunderbirds, and the 2004 movie?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbirds_(TV_series)
The show was about an organisation called International Rescue, who saved lives and prevented disasters around the world with their array of rescue vehicles and equipment. It used marionettes (instead of actors) and miniatures. It also feature real explosions in each episode. There was also an anime series called Techno Voyager which was renamed to Thunderbirds 2086 in English. The show also inspired Hideaki Anno's Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I just had a random, funny idea for a bishoujo style visual novel: Tsunderebirds Are Go!
Tsunderebirds Are Go!.png
The basic idea is an organisation called World Wide Rescue made out of five sisters (varying degrees of cuteness and hotness), their attractive mother, and their air-headed head scientist, Zuno-Chan. They would operate from a secret base off the coast of Japan, and control various rescue vehicles designed by Zuno-Chan. On occasion, the would run into their arch nemesis, Itsuwara, The Mask.

As the title suggests, most of the girls express some tsuntsun and deredere traits - "It's not like I rescued you because I like you or anything! So don't get any weird ideas, idiot!" -

As for the actual story ... Maybe you would be a journalist who uncovered their secret base. Naturally, that would mean they are forced to recruit you in order to keep you silent. Naturally this would lead to romancing the sisters, and eventually
sixsomes, sevensomes, eightsomes, and ninesomes
bedding them.

Frankly, I'm not trying to be original. I'm trying to have fun!

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#1131 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

The tsunami part is interesting as well.

After the huge Tohoko quake, the safest place I could think of was somewhere with no buildings nearby (not so easy in central Tokyo), which is generally a terrible place to be when a tsunami hits.

Luckily it didn't come inland that far, but I seriously had no clue what to do in a tsunami, and I wonder if the people in the areas that were hit were the same. I went to a huge, newly constructed bus station, which had no buildings yet. Some other people were there, and I learnt what was happening from listening to them talking. The word "tsunami" came up many times.

The movies fail to capture the utter confusion and uncertainty of being in an event like this. Instead, they show people panicking.
For so long, all I could think was "what's next, and is it about to happen?"

When lying in bed, you start thinking about it. The beat of your own heat makes a slight vibration. You wonder if it's a small quake, and your heart beats stronger as the feeling in turn gets stronger. It's a constant feeling of paranoia.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#1132 Post by LVUER »

ShojiAmasawa wrote:Does anyone remember the 1965 British television show, Thunderbirds, and the 2004 movie?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbirds_(TV_series)
The show was about an organisation called International Rescue, who saved lives and prevented disasters around the world with their array of rescue vehicles and equipment. It used marionettes (instead of actors) and miniatures. It also feature real explosions in each episode. There was also an anime series called Techno Voyager which was renamed to Thunderbirds 2086 in English. The show also inspired Hideaki Anno's Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I just had a random, funny idea for a bishoujo style visual novel: Tsunderebirds Are Go!
Tsunderebirds Are Go!.png
The basic idea is an organisation called World Wide Rescue made out of five sisters (varying degrees of cuteness and hotness), their attractive mother, and their air-headed head scientist, Zuno-Chan. They would operate from a secret base off the coast of Japan, and control various rescue vehicles designed by Zuno-Chan. On occasion, the would run into their arch nemesis, Itsuwara, The Mask.

As the title suggests, most of the girls express some tsuntsun and deredere traits - "It's not like I rescued you because I like you or anything! So don't get any weird ideas, idiot!" -

As for the actual story ... Maybe you would be a journalist who uncovered their secret base. Naturally, that would mean they are forced to recruit you in order to keep you silent. Naturally this would lead to romancing the sisters, and eventually
sixsomes, sevensomes, eightsomes, and ninesomes
bedding them.

Frankly, I'm not trying to be original. I'm trying to have fun!
Now this is an AWESOME idea \(>o<)/ and I love tsundere (my most favorite anime character is Kagami Hiiragi)! If I have the time, I'm definitely going to make this one. But isn't 5 tsundere (or more) in one family is a little too much?

DeviantArt Account

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran

#1133 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

LVUER wrote:Now this is an AWESOME idea \(>o<)/ and I love tsundere (my most favorite anime character is Kagami Hiiragi)! If I have the time, I'm definitely going to make this one. But isn't 5 tsundere (or more) in one family is a little too much?
Yes, I think so. As much as I love the tsundere character type, that would be far too many to take. Probably, the organisation itself would have tsundere code - "We don't do this because we want to" - but the girls are actually a more diverse array of character types, somehow relating to the vehicles they pilot. The sleek and fast Tsunderebird 1 would be piloted by a hotshot action hero type girl, Tsunderebird 4, the submarine, would be piloted by a kuudere...

Their mother would definitely need to be a true tsundere. Why else would she have an organisation based off the mindset?

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran

#1134 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

Last I'll say on Tsunderebirds for now, the characters. The five pilots are named after women pilots and astronauts.

Tsunderebird 1 - Hypersonic Jet - Ari Fujisawa
Tsunderebird 2 - Heavy Transport Plane - Chisaki Fujisawa
Tsunderebird 3 - Space Rocket - Naoko Fujisawa
Tsunderebird 4 - Submarine -Tadashi Fujisawa
Tsunderebird 5 - Space Monitor - Kumiko Fujisawa

Leader - Machiko Fujisawa
Scientist - Zuno-Chan
Foreign Agent - Lord Cantaloupe
Arch Nemesis - Itsuwara The Mask

TV Journalist (Protagonist) - Taku Mikami

Also ... I made this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfib2lQL ... e=youtu.be

Back to Myriad Blades! As Uncle Mugen would say:

"POOF" (Disappears)

enta
Veteran

#1135 Post by enta »

TrickWithAKnife wrote: When lying in bed, you start thinking about it. The beat of your own heat makes a slight vibration. You wonder if it's a small quake, and your heart beats stronger as the feeling in turn gets stronger. It's a constant feeling of paranoia.
I love this. If ever this VN do come to life, can this line be added somewhere there? 8)

I have to agree with the movies. But if you've been to a science class here(dunno about other countries), you can't blame people to just get panic. I learned in my class that tsunami waves were really fast and it's almost 95% impossible to outrun it. My teacher taught us to fear the disaster, not how to have the guts to save your life when it happens. Of course, we should fear it but fear misleads people even if it's during a dead or alive situation. If I ever got myself to such a situation, I might just sit down in the corner convincing myself, "Heck, my 50m record in PE was 10 seconds. How the hell am I going to get myself out of this place and climb some mountain or building before those waves catch up?"

SHiNKiROU
Regular

#1136 Post by SHiNKiROU »

This idea came from the observation that almost all fantasy works follow an ancient culture: medieval Europe (western fantasy and many anime), medieval China (wuxia), Japanese mythology (Touhou), and Norse mythology. So I wonder what fantasy do people in the future read.

Quantum Fantasy:
A fantasy story set in the glorified and inaccurately-portrayed modern world. There are corporations are as powerful as monarchs, with dynasties, conflicts over succession and arranged marriages, but there are good and evil CEOs just like good and evil kings. And of course, quantum: Quantum mechanics replaces magic: Quantum tunneling bullets, quantum fissure, quantum flux, quantum reality, quantum healing, quantum brainwaves, quantum teleportation are thrown all around. All religions in Quantum Fantasy are either New Age, fictional character worship or celebrity worship. Blood types, horoscopes and even astrology based on traffic around your house are real.

The narrative is framed by an anthropology and history student living in the future who is viewing Quantum Fantasy. At the end of each chapter, the student studies why the society he lives in glorifies the 21st century life.

See also: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... DoAnything, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_the_ ... e_Know!%3F https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mysticism https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_age http://skeptico.blogs.com/skeptico/2005 ... leep_.html

LVUER
King of Lolies

#1137 Post by LVUER »

Don't forget the time travel. After all, we can all jump to the past of our own life time when utilizing a quantum leap accelerator ;)

DeviantArt Account

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#1138 Post by gekiganwing »

SHiNKiROU wrote:... A fantasy story set in the glorified and inaccurately-portrayed modern world...

The narrative is framed by an anthropology and history student living in the future who is viewing Quantum Fantasy. At the end of each chapter, the student studies why the society he lives in glorifies the 21st century life...
I remember reading Motel of the Mysteries, which is a story about future humans excavating the ruins of a lost civilization, and trying to understand it. Meanwhile, the reader knows that the main character's interpretation of life in the USA circa 1985 is quite incorrect. From the book's premise, it's not difficult to imagine the future people making fantastic stories about the past as they understand it.

Here's a similar idea: "Humans are occidental otaku for aliens." Humanity meets the natives of another planet, and become deeply fascinated with their lives and their world. But there's a huge gulf in between how aliens actually live and behave, and their superficial pop-culture interpretation.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#1139 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I think a VN about a person succumbing to social anxiety and the consequences of her actions would be a nice plot.

Vilhelmina
Regular
Organization: Cassis Connection Studios

#1140 Post by Vilhelmina »

I just had this loose idea, which may or may not already exist as a VN... It probably does in some form, but here it goes anyway.

But you guys know all the reality tv shows which are basically centered on one or more bachelors/bachelorettes choosing between a group of candidates/suitors to find their potential other half?
I was thinking of an otome or BxG game where the protagonist IS the bachelorette/bachelor - added twists could be things like you can end up choosing to run of with the host/hostess of the show
(which I'm sure is somehow breaking a contract), your highschool sweetheart sees you on TV and suddenly decides to turn up to crash the party,
one of the candidates turns out to have psychotic episodes and suddenly tries to kill you (okay, maybe not that xD)

Another option to twist things around a bit could be to have the option to play as either the bachelorette OR one of the suitors.
Which, in essence, would mean having to write the entire game twice ( save for a few scenes which could probably be almost the same).

Anyway! Just thought I'd get that out there; I have too many projects of my own going on to actually make this, but it's totally something I would play.
Artist/writer by night, MD/PhD student by day
Looking for medical fact checking / advice for your game? PM me!

art gallery: Vilhelmina @ deviantART | Founder of Cassis Connection Studios