Ideas Dump

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

Re: Ideas Dump

#1396 Post by Anne »

humans are basically needing most parts of their body replaced
There's still no reason for them to be conscious beings (that can get dangerous)

Actually it all comes to the motives behind her human owner actions (I can see her being educated / getting 'cloned' knowledge because that human decides so but why?)

baabaa

#1397 Post by baabaa »

Anne wrote:
humans are basically needing most parts of their body replaced
There's still no reason for them to be conscious beings (that can get dangerous)

Actually it all comes to the motives behind her human owner actions (I can see her being educated / getting 'cloned' knowledge because that human decides so but why?)
You've got really great points. I can see them being stored in facilities that leave them in hibernation, for lack of better term. Hm, I think it all comes down to their genetics. Perhaps to alter their genetics in order to render them useless for anything but their bodies is still something being developed.

I haven't thought that far ahead, to be quite honest. There could be various reasons - for one, the clone's human counterpart may have wanted to cause havoc or she knows something that the general public doesn't.
☆ the co-director & writer for blood calls (wip). ☆

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#1398 Post by papillon »

I saw an OP for an otome game where the protagonist looked a little, to my eye, like Hotaru Tomoe.

Which made me wonder - are there any such games where you are playing the Dark Magical Girl?

You are the daughter of the Big Bad, part of his/her plans to Take Over The World. By day, you pretend to have a 'normal' life, either at school or at a job. By night, your evil parents use you as a weapon / power source / whatever. It's painful and miserable and you've learned to repress your emotions to try and deal with your shitty life.

But now you're meeting these strange new people who trigger emotional responses in you. Different reactions - one tries to cheer you up, one bullies you, one hits on you, one is a fighter for justice who is trying to take down your parents and is therefore your enemy... right?

Do you open up to your love interests, or do you crack under the pressure and become woobie, destroyer of worlds?

Loona

#1399 Post by Loona »

papillon wrote:I saw an OP for an otome game where the protagonist looked a little, to my eye, like Hotaru Tomoe.

Which made me wonder - are there any such games where you are playing the Dark Magical Girl?

You are the daughter of the Big Bad, part of his/her plans to Take Over The World. By day, you pretend to have a 'normal' life, either at school or at a job. By night, your evil parents use you as a weapon / power source / whatever. It's painful and miserable and you've learned to repress your emotions to try and deal with your shitty life.

But now you're meeting these strange new people who trigger emotional responses in you. Different reactions - one tries to cheer you up, one bullies you, one hits on you, one is a fighter for justice who is trying to take down your parents and is therefore your enemy... right?

Do you open up to your love interests, or do you crack under the pressure and become woobie, destroyer of worlds?
Didn't the ancient Lumen Novan royalty have such a reputation in LLTQ's setting?

I don't know about specific games, but whomever's interested in the concept might get a kick out of watching Dai Mahou Touge (a.k.a. Magical Witch Punie Chan), which takes the classic concept of a magical princess being sent from her magical kingdom to live for a while and learn some lessons in the regular human world - except her parents, especially her mother, became the tyrannical rulers of the place through magic and ruthlessness. And the protagonist inherits and retains that attitude throughout the whole thing.
I usually don't care much for magical girl settings, although they hold some fascination as a recurring concept - but sometimes I fantasize about a magical girl equivalent of Super Robot Wars that would include that show, with Punie herself as a secret recrutable character and her mother as a final boss, or close to it, since she's implied to have killed a bunch of classic old-school magical girl characters and hasn't lost her touch.
Also, ruthless militaristic conqueror music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn5KKUPsdH0

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#1400 Post by curry nochi rice »

A game where the characters are based entirely (maybe not) in various number systems used in computers.

Like Hex-san, Octal-senpai, Decimal-kun, and Binary-chan
I don't know anymore. My next suggestion could be as absurd as making moe girls out of mathematical equations.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#1401 Post by curry nochi rice »

A game jam where participants are to use open-source software only when developing assets.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

Ernestalice15
Regular
Projects: One Last Crane, Demoness, The Golden Catalyst
Organization: Animon Works
IRC Nick: Nomina
Tumblr: ernestalice15
Deviantart: Ernestalice15

#1402 Post by Ernestalice15 »

papillon wrote:I saw an OP for an otome game where the protagonist looked a little, to my eye, like Hotaru Tomoe.

Hmm, I don't really know if such game has already been made. I think the setting will be interesting enough, but I don't really like that kind of protagonist. Hahaha. I really want to see a protagonist that is smarter and stronger enough to pretend that she's okay with every situation around her, no matter how bad it is, until someone can notice that she's actually not okay.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#1403 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Ernestalice15 wrote:I really want to see a protagonist that is smarter and stronger enough to pretend that she's okay with every situation around her, no matter how bad it is, until someone can notice that she's actually not okay.
That kind of defense mechanism has nothing to do with smarts or strength, honestly.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

annpan
Regular
Projects: Death Pledge -Wish of Blood-
Organization: Broken Wisteria or Qian.
Tumblr: waterlilyvn

#1404 Post by annpan »

Fungii wrote:I just wanna work with someone to make a dating sim that just has a bunch of ojisans in it. That's it, that's all I want.
There is one! XD I had played it.

annpan
Regular
Projects: Death Pledge -Wish of Blood-
Organization: Broken Wisteria or Qian.
Tumblr: waterlilyvn

#1405 Post by annpan »

Death Pledge/Contract [BXB] Horror?
The story follows the decline and fall of Wichelhaus family. In year 1XXX, the Wichelhaus family forms a contract with reaper for a piece of land hidden with treasures(gold). After one hundred years, Wichelhaus' greed had a taken large blow to their company, leaving the mortgage unpaid. Thus, as collateral to the reaper, their oldest child was sentenced to death. Being the oldest (18 years old), the MC didn't know that his demise was damned since birth. And thus, since the MC was still youthful and untainted to the reaper, the reaper granted him one death wish but only if he was able to make one of the reaper's magician human again.

Bachelors = Seven magicians (Sloth, Envy, Lust, Pride, Greed, Wrath and Gluttony).

I would love for the opening to be this:
f he doth not pay, then the Land which is put in pledge upon condition for the payment of the money, is taken from him for ever, and so dead to him upon condition, and if he doth pay the money, then the pledge is dead as to the Tenant
-Commentaries on the Laws in England, treatise

-->Sign your name

I would like more BXB games but I don't know how to make one :cry: The best I can do is draw up characters.

Ernestalice15
Regular

#1406 Post by Ernestalice15 »

Mad Harlequin wrote:
Ernestalice15 wrote:I really want to see a protagonist that is smarter and stronger enough to pretend that she's okay with every situation around her, no matter how bad it is, until someone can notice that she's actually not okay.
That kind of defense mechanism has nothing to do with smarts or strength, honestly.
Ahahah... Yep, my bad. I didn't think it well enough about that, but seriously, even with perhaps a good character development later on, I usually stop reading when I find out that the protagonist is all gloomy like she has the hardest life in the world. But, if the review is good, maybe I'll read it anyway :D

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#1407 Post by papillon »

Ernestalice15 wrote:
papillon wrote: You are the daughter of the Big Bad, part of his/her plans to Take Over The World. By day, you pretend to have a 'normal' life, either at school or at a job. By night, your evil parents use you as a weapon / power source / whatever. It's painful and miserable and you've learned to repress your emotions to try and deal with your shitty life.
Hmm, I don't really know if such game has already been made. I think the setting will be interesting enough, but I don't really like that kind of protagonist. Hahaha. I really want to see a protagonist that is smarter and stronger enough to pretend that she's okay with every situation around her, no matter how bad it is, until someone can notice that she's actually not okay.
... except the exact scenario I was proposing was that she WAS pretending to be okay by repressing her emotions rather than dealing with her problems.

Not that I think there's anything wrong with a character being openly depressed in such a circumstance!

But the whole entire point of the scenario was that the character IS pretending to be okay (while she's not) and that she has to either eventually manage to reach out to people for help, find a way to resolve her situation, or snap under the pressure. Just sitting there quietly hiding everything and doing nothing about her problems isn't good for her and would eventually lead to certain doom.

(I have no intention of writing it, that's why it's in the ideas dump.)

Ernestalice15
Regular

#1408 Post by Ernestalice15 »

papillon wrote:... except the exact scenario I was proposing was that she WAS pretending to be okay by repressing her emotions rather than dealing with her problems.

Not that I think there's anything wrong with a character being openly depressed in such a circumstance!

But the whole entire point of the scenario was that the character IS pretending to be okay (while she's not) and that she has to either eventually manage to reach out to people for help, find a way to resolve her situation, or snap under the pressure. Just sitting there quietly hiding everything and doing nothing about her problems isn't good for her and would eventually lead to certain doom.

(I have no intention of writing it, that's why it's in the ideas dump.)
You don't have to really mind about what I was talking. I was just simply throwing out my idea, too, right there. Besides, that's just my preference. It's not wrong for a character to be like that, just as you've said. :)

Jess92
Projects: Devil Heats, Court of Intrigue

#1409 Post by Jess92 »

Tittle: The Bumbling Dad

You are a moderately successful married woman with two children. Your marriage is okay for the most part, and you love your children and your husband with all your heart, and you love your job (which the player selects at the start of the game). Lately, however, it has been ridicully hard: You have a Big Thing at your job, your older kid has a huge Special Thing soon and you Youngest Kid has been having trouble at school. Not to mention, your house needs some serious repairs and the house work seems endless.

So, what does your sweet family does, but get you a full weekend retreat in the new cool hotel at the mountains so you can unwind? Of course, you are hesitant to leave because your husband is completely hopeless where housework is concerned, but you eventually agree to leave (But not before you leave all your contact info to your husband with specific instructions saying to call you if something happens (and maybe a couple neighbors keeping an eye out for you))

Everyone knows what happens next, right? The dad is completely incapable of keeping house together, and disaster soon follows. Cue Mother having to cut her relaxing weekend short and coming back to fix everything dad fucked up.

Except...During that short, short day, mom met people. A group of friends was staying at the same hotel, and she just... clicked with them. With some more than others, and there might have been something with someone there.

So, everyone knows about the stereotype of the bumbling dad: The father that, if is not constantly nagged by the wife, is a complete idiot and needs the wife to take care of him as well as their kids. He is completely useless at taking care of the kids or the house when mom is not at home, he comes off as pathetic at best and creepy at worst. (More info here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BumblingDad) (Think Genma Saotome Of Ranma 1/2 for Anime fans, Homer Simpson and/or Peter Griffin for Western animation Fans)

Well, you play as the wife of one of those men, and (following the trope) on you Relaxing Retreat, you met a group of 3-5 friends who were relaxing there too. They are:

The Perf: He's a young, successful man who has recently received a raise/promotion on Big Company, and decided to take his friends with him to celebrate. He's mature, responsible and composed.
The Charmer: The youngest of the group, a ladykiller who's in for a good time with whoever. He just started at the company under The Perf, and in fact helped him get the promotion. He's the reason the player met the group.'Even though he loves to joke, he's actually pretty competent when he puts his mind to it.
The Secretary: Second in command of The Perf, he is super glad his friend got the promotion and in fact suggested this retreat for the celebration. He's really uptight, but is also the most responsible and level-headed of the group.
The Husband: Your husband, who you love dearly but is known by not being the sharpest tool in the shed and being childish.

Optional:
The Face: Best of The group with people skills. He is a teacher, and very stern and level headed, but has a very mischivious side to him.
The Badass: An renowned athlete, he is here to oversee a Big Sporting Event. Serious and dedicated, sometimes he has trouble looking at the big picture.

You spend time with them, click with them, and at dinner you receive a call from your kids begging you to come back home. When they ask what happened, you go on a rant about how useless your husband is. They calm you down and give you their numbers so you can keep in touch with them and relieve some pressure. During the second act of the game, if you asked the neighbors to keep an eye on them, you have extra actions to try and remedy the mess your husband made. Basically, every week something happens, and you have to deal with the mess. You can also talk to your husband about it, keep quiet, be passive agressive , and/or call one of the men you met.

The game has 2 big arcs: The Special Thing of your oldest and the problems of the youngest, which would be the "romancing" part of the branches, and the Big Work Thing, which would bring the resolutions. You have a metter for each Love Interest, and one for stress. Depending on which route you have and the number in the meter, you can end up divorcing your husband and getting a new boyfriend; just divorcing your husband, having a lover, or staying with your husband. Also, your husband can become more competent or keep being bumbling

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#1410 Post by papillon »

(As usual, freely available, I'm not working on this)

A popular motif for a lot of eroges is that for some reason, the protagonist needs to get married in a hurry. Usually something to do with inheritances, or "if you don't pick a bride I will force you to marry the person of my choosing" or something. So... let's play with that a little. Also, one criticism often made of dating sims is that they're about the player manipulating the love interests to score - I don't totally agree with that, but okay, taking that on board as well...

You are a wealthy, jet-setting young lady. You are a female Young Tony Stark, except probably with some other obsession than invention. You have luxury and booze and fabulous tech and one-night stands and you love it. (Also, did we mention you're gay? Totally.) EXCEPT!!! Due to some rigamarole with your trustfund you discover that you are required to get married by the age of 25 or all the money goes to charity instead! Why didn't someone tell you about this earlier?

Well, you're certainly not going to marry a man, and luckily there are states and countries where that's not a problem, but still, you need a wife. Fast. Which is how you ended up advertising for a companion, and how all these women descended upon your estate to try and win your hand.

Being a bit of an idiot when it comes to romance rather than sex, you originally figured you could just pick a hottie at random, work out a nuptial agreement, and then not have to bother with your 'wife' after that, but your loyal butler insists marriage is a lot more complicated than that. So, okay, you need to spend time with these ladies, get to know them, and try to work out what they really think of you (and whether they're plotting to screw you over after the wedding). You're not manipulating them into bed, they're all trying to land you. But what do you really want?

Can you find love and happiness? Or at least someone you can make a business deal with? Or will you eventually decide that no amount of money is worth tying yourself down?