Hm... if you're planning to join such project, which skill(s) are you good at?
Random. Can build a game together. Some terrible spritedrawing. Ideas. Terrible threedee (I'm not used to making 3D things for VNs).
If such a project appears, I may
or may not
ask to join. Depends.
For example, do you think my descriptions below hit the mark ?
- Assembler is a no-nonsense goddess that does everything quickly (although in very old-school manner). Some people couldn't understand her speech because she tend to use short/garbled words
Sounds about right, though in "school setting" I saw her as local crafting master, crafty enough to build the robot chassis (since I wanted to add the PROLOG as AI robot girl), but not "smart" enough to program the personality (that's left for R).
I guess I'm borrowing the part about short words though. She's not talking gibberish, just hard to understand.
- C (the original one, not her ++ or # sister) is an elegant goddess that can also move quickly (although not as quick as assembler). She always carry a concealed Swiss knife, and sometimes a NULL fry pan. Once captured, she will become very submissive to her master and would never questioning her master's command (even if it's breaking her apart).
I guess that's okay.
- Python is a moody goddess who is more powerful (albeit slower) than C, and sometimes inclined to exaggeration. For example, if C uses a knife to cut a carrot then Python would use a chainsaw.
She has two snakes as her pet (which sometimes she carries around and brags about)
- Renpy is a Python's follower, which also act as a local shrine maiden. An otaku herself, she leads all gamer into a spiritual enlightenment...
I saw Python as local goddess with personality split (v2/v3) and enough power to smash this universe since we work with Ren'Py and Python. Enrage her enough and the world crashes because "indentation mismatch".
I guess split personality and exagerration calls for some light mental disorder.
Ren'Py as loyal otaku shrine maiden is a nice touch though.
Next, if you don't mind.
- Basic is you entry level opponent. Nice, simple, sorta effective, easy to begin with, but tends to do things in weird ways (10 RENPY 20 GOTO 10) and generally teaches you to do the same. Since, I guess, Basic (any of it's dialects, be it ancient QBasic or modern FreeBasic) was the first programming language for many of us. In "school setting" she's the proud member of "Welcoming Committee".
Maybe right after the first battle she can be your advisor / aide. Or nevermind, you can ask any of your girls to be your aide.
- Haskell is lazy, she tends to do everything at the last moment, including damage dealing, 'cause "lazy evaluation". "School setting" document describes her as "smart, sleepy, lazy, hipster".
- Java is caffeine-addict and slooooooow, but she can work and fight in competely any conditions and situations without penalties, 'cause Java Virtual Machine.
Something like this.