Ideas Dump

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

Re: Ideas Dump

#1306 Post by Shinoki »

:v yankee highschool. Stupidly cheesy friendship battles. Loyalty. Stupidity. Cheese. And more of that stuff. Let's defeat the Four Heavenly Kings! (well, that's the more direct trans of what the Elite Four is usually called in those J-shows) Take down the top!

It'd be fun to make a classic yankee(delinquent) thing.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#1307 Post by curry nochi rice »

;_; you and a team of deep space explorers are tasked with retrieving the voyager records, and the pioneer plaque before aliens can have it.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

sempersapiens
Regular

#1308 Post by sempersapiens »

curry nochi rice wrote:;_; you and a team of deep space explorers are tasked with retrieving the voyager records, and the pioneer plaque before aliens can have it.
Have you played Analogue: A Hate Story? It's about retrieving records from a spaceship (no aliens, though) and it's very well-written.

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#1309 Post by Fungii »

I just wanna work with someone to make a dating sim that just has a bunch of ojisans in it. That's it, that's all I want.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#1310 Post by curry nochi rice »

sempersapiens wrote:
curry nochi rice wrote:;_; you and a team of deep space explorers are tasked with retrieving the voyager records, and the pioneer plaque before aliens can have it.
Have you played Analogue: A Hate Story? It's about retrieving records from a spaceship (no aliens, though) and it's very well-written.
nope, but I do know about it. Welp, this idea is more like just retrieving the golden discs rather than actual data records. :oops:
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

nebulaway
Regular
Organization: Magical Girl Tears
Tumblr: nebula-way
itch: basicbaka

#1311 Post by nebulaway »

Fungii wrote:I just wanna work with someone to make a dating sim that just has a bunch of ojisans in it. That's it, that's all I want.
i would love to do this omg if you really really want to do this, count me in i would love to write for this.

as for my own idea, i really want to do a mesh of point and click and a visual novel horror story. like... an introverted couple goes to vacation in the mountains because it'd be fun to do why not and throughout their trip, they see a child-like statue. however, there's a rumor that if you see the statue bleeding at night, you're trapped in forest until the you see nothing but a bloody forest and disappear - only your body floating down the river.

the point and click will come from solving the mystery of the statue and why it's so as well as trying to avoid being dead. the gui would be the main character's cell phone (though i'm undecided who i want to be the mc). i would love to work with anyone with this and already have two of the main characters created but... it's just the other stuff i can't figure out plus i'm trying to finish other things haha ...

Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

#1312 Post by Shinoki »

Fighting over the throne....royal family plus related nobles. :v that sort of thing is very classic, but also quite fun. Evil backstabbing. Poisoning a cousin's drink. Nearly getting shot by an arrow. Sent poisonous flowers. An upright knife buried in the pillow. And let's add a maid, twin heirs of which only one is known of, and romance.... somehow really cliche, but this is what I consider a fun story to create.

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#1313 Post by sasquatchii »

Shinoki wrote:Fighting over the throne....royal family plus related nobles. :v that sort of thing is very classic, but also quite fun. Evil backstabbing. Poisoning a cousin's drink. Nearly getting shot by an arrow. Sent poisonous flowers. An upright knife buried in the pillow. And let's add a maid, twin heirs of which only one is known of, and romance.... somehow really cliche, but this is what I consider a fun story to create.
Have you played Long Live the Queen? In the game, you play as a young Queen who tries to avoid getting back stabbed and killed. If you get married, you lose. It's a stat building game but very fun!
ImageImage

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#1314 Post by Akitsuki »

Fungii wrote:I just wanna work with someone to make a dating sim that just has a bunch of ojisans in it. That's it, that's all I want.
LOL that'd be hilarious. Might as well make one with shotas xD

Hexagod

#1315 Post by Hexagod »

So our whole story take place in some sort of tropical archipelago, and begins when our MC wakes up with a spear up his chest, or any other kind of wound that will prevent him from being alive. He realises that he is basicly "powered" by a spirit that possessed his body, and makes his organs work. That spirit demands him to break an artifact in which another sprit is trapped, in order to free it. Unfortunately, that artifact stands in the middle of the main island, considered to bring luck and prosperity to the whole archipelago, and is more or less worshiped. Mc's goal is to find who killed him and why, and tries to reach the spirits goal, despite the fact that MC's community is strongly agianst it, and maybe considers him to be possessed by a demon (?).
There needs to be a bad end where if the player make enough decesions that goes agianst the spirit's will, the spirit will say "I'm done" and will leave MC to die (for the second time).

I would realy like to make this game, but unfortunately I'm not a good writer =/

Fungii
Veteran

#1316 Post by Fungii »

Akitsuki wrote:
Oh god I wouldn't do one like that; too many risky implications that I wouldn't want tied to me, haha.

In a similar vein to the first idea, though; Typical otome high school game where you start off going for guys your age, but after to go to their house for the first time you go after their dad instead.

Maybe I'll save that for NaNo 15

Alte
The Great Organizer
Github: nualte
itch: alte

#1317 Post by Alte »

I don't know if anyone has ever donated their idea thread to the Ideas Dump before...

I figured I could be the first.

Note: I don't support this type of action, it just happens that I lost interest in working this sort of project.

Rabbit [HTML5] [Avoid]

"A young man visits his neighbor's house for the first time to return something important. When he arrived in, he's greeted by a friend who's holding a knife..."

I thought of this project as a experiment of incorporating stealth game-play elements where the MC decides what location he should go to, away from the chaser. Along with maintaining the same style as a visual novel. (possible inspiration could a mix from Metal Gear Solid and minimal-styled games)

Possible storyline:
What the young man is trying to return was the bunny doll whom he asked the girl to lend him to fix. But she isn't aware of the fact that he's going to return it to her instead she greets him with a knife. How surreal as it sounds, it's intended to be all a dream for the sake of an excuse plot line...
Few endings leaves a blank screen and a text saying the young man is nowhere to be found. The true ending indicates that he's nowhere to found due to the fact he's moving to a different location away from the neighbor for higher education needs. There's a scene where the neighbor girl is sleeping. At the front of her room there's her mother and Jack having a conversation about the circumstances. Jack gave the rabbit doll to the neighbor girl's mother. After the neighbor girl wakes up she saw the fixed rabbit doll in front of her, in gratitude she visits the young man one last time. "He's nowhere to be found."
Last edited by Alte on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ren'Py Cookbook Directory

I'm not affiliated with Ren'Py/ itch.io/ Steam/ etc.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#1318 Post by MaiMai »

Akitsuki wrote:
that's been done and it's about as creepy as you can expect (they were all traps)
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Fungii
Veteran

#1319 Post by Fungii »

MaiMai wrote:
Akitsuki wrote:
that's been done and it's about as creepy as you can expect (they were all traps)
oh god thats like taking an iffy idea and just slam dunking it into the danger zone

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#1320 Post by sasquatchii »

I know this is weird, but I really wish there was a dating sim that takes place during a zombie apocalypse. You're in a band of survivors, and a few turn into romantic interests. The person the player gets closest to will survive, while everyone else is picked off one by one.
ImageImage