Ideas Dump

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Sailor Kitty
Veteran

Re: Ideas Dump

#31 Post by Sailor Kitty »

I couldent get the article up.

It's a swedish game where one goes into a closet. The "mailman" asks "Hugs or kisses?" and the one in the closet of course answers "Kisses". Then the "mailman" points at someone of the opposite sex and asks "That one?" and if the closet-guy says "no" "Mailman" points to another person and asks again. If yes, the person gets into the closet and kisses the closet-guy.

It's played mostly by small kids, pre-teens, teens, and really drunk adults.
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#32 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Tan-town spin-off!

You are my Tanshine

A VN in three acts
(Tans in this story are as big as a 6-year-old)
part one: Isn't a smile just the cutest?

The story is that a small boy is given a prototype-tan, a NES-tan. Nes-tan was made by accident, so she was given away. The boy, Pete, recives her on his 8th birthday and she becomes his very best freind. They go on imaginary adventures, where the gameplay elements are. They have freinds, too.
freinds are:

Dora
An adventourus girl who is an expert on school. Even though she is smart, she knows how to deal with teachers who demand she learns stuff she already knows. She also likes climbing and reading.

Alex
Alex is a shy, quiet boy. He likes board games and dresses. He knows a lot of bad words and likes singing.

In this chapter, they go on adventures in the mario world, the clouds, and even go up a staircase to the heavens. They also play Zelda and Metroid. One of the adventures include rescueing some orphan kittens from a pitbull terrier and making it through the woods with them.

Part 2: Wings of the past lift us to the future

Pete is now 12 years old and Alex has just realized that he wants to be a girl. Alex is not very accepted by his parents, so he runs away. Dora and Pete hide him in an abandoned building, so he will have a place to live. Alex also gets a part-time job as a waitress. Pete decides that he, Dora, and NES-tan will start working part time to help Alex afford an operation.

Gameplay here. You work as fast and get as high a score as possible. After they win the lottery, they find out that Alex needs his parents permission. After understanding that, Alex heads back home in tears. His father now uses all methods to "make a man of him" and he really can't take it any more. They go to the ocean one night, where Alex says goodbye. He is not pictured as jumping in to the water, he is pictured walking up a staircase to the heavens. However, he gets unconsious, but a guy his age on the beach saves him. They then decide that suicide maybe wasn't the best idea and Doras family decide to adopt Alex. Alex gets the operation, the end.

part three: when you were young

Pete is now 19 and has made it his goal to collect NES-merchendise from the NES era. He lacks a girlfreind, however. He meets a girl named Mia, who has a Fami-tan. The game play here is that NES-tan falls in love with Fami-tan, who is a boy. Then there is daing sim gameplay. Alex and Dora is also in this chapter. In fact, they now have a rock-star Duo, hi hi puffy Dorex. (Sorry, I just couldent resist it.) They are now superstars but always have time for their freind, and tries to coach him through a date using the head-set michrophone thingy. That spells disaster. Hilarious disaster.

But there are also plenty of beutiful romance. Alex meets the love of her life, a boy named Kent. Kent was the by who rescued her from suicide, and loves her dearly. Dora-chan works as a playboy at a host-club in her spare time, and stars in several movies.
The movie ends with the gang sitting at Alexs house and they are pictured as kids once again, comparing diffrences between Fami-tan and NES-tan.
script is 85% done.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#33 Post by F.I.A »

Uh, aside from that operation part, I guess it is interesting indeed. :shock:

And to honest, Segasa-tan is a guy.(Yubi ga oreru made!!!)

-----

Title: FEAR SEED

Inspiration:
You played all that many horror games, where everything is possible from a cat in a shelf to some inside-out man. Yet, no matter what the characters see, they just go on like puppets till their last drop of blood. That is going to change.
Feature:
FEAR SEED will be a sort of horror/suspense that pits the main character in a secluded private school ala Divi-Dead. However, aside from solving mysteries and surviving from monstrosity, you will be given a FEAR bar.

Started out empty, every time the character is traumatized(By shock or damage), the bar will start filling up. When totally full, your character will break down from all those terrors, and start doing idiotic things(Like try to put an end to his life, if he got the necessary items. So yes, while a gun might be the best item to fend off monsters, it is also the easier to kill yourself with a gun than a bat.). Aside from the main character, other NPCs will also have their own FEAR bar, just to ensure chaos.

Of course, to prevent a breakdown, there are possible ways to reduce the bar. The one I have in mind will be having someone's company(A girl, perhaps? :P ). Communication will decrease the FEAR bar among characters, but having company also opens up another risk of increasing the FEAR bar, especially when you suddenly see your companion's head rolling for example.
Story:
Hayato thought he was lucky to be enrolled to a private school in a secluded part of the country(Right in the middle of the jungle). The school got everything prepared, so it is rather a luxurious stay.

A week after he entered, he started to notice a few detectives coming to this school. During that very night, he found the body of the head detective(First time increase in FEAR bar and obtain a gun. Reason for a student to take the gun before going to report this? Well, from what Hayato said, the head detective was mutilated, that it seems like it was done by something inhuman, and thus his right to arm himself. :lol: ). Unknowing what to do, Hayato rushed to the teacher's dorm. It will be a long night...
Reason to dump:
Because I got my hand on Hyperion(Then again, I had not even touched that lately). And I don't really enjoy gathering screams and fears since I am quite a mild scaredy cat myself.
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#34 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Misa want fear game

I think the fear bar would be a great feature, and you'd break down laughing when it ends, if the stuff he does is really dumb.

Monster scares protagonist

fear bar fills up

proagonist: Hewwo Mishtour Smishykins! Yu my fweind?
script is 85% done.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#35 Post by monele »

I don't remember the name of the game but there was this arcade-ish beat'em up (think "Lara Croft") that had you take control of various characters in various eras and they all had to deal with the paranormal (from mummies to ghosts). The more hurt you got, the more inclined you were to have visions of paranoia. But the great thing is that it was done in a way that you, the player, could believe it. For example, your character suddenly started to get smaller and smaller. Just long enough for you to go "wtf?" before it flashed back to reality with your character panting in fear. Then you'd walk down a stair and WHAM, your head was cut off and rolled down the steps... *flash* back to reality... It would do things like simulating your TV turning off just as you were facing a horde of zombies... and then flash back to a safe empty room.

Anyway... mix that with your concept and I think we'd get something interesting ^^

Jake
Support Hero

#36 Post by Jake »

monele wrote:But the great thing is that it was done in a way that you, the player, could believe it.
Reminds me of Eternal Darkness...
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#37 Post by monele »

That's the one ^__^ (darn, it's patented >.<)

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#38 Post by Showsni »

The one where you try to save and it pretends to erase your memory card was the worst...

Recca Phoenix
Veteran

#39 Post by Recca Phoenix »

They have to work as live-in maids and butlers! See, there are three really girly Bishounen and a young (And pretty) Okama. (Okama is girls new freind.) while she dresses 2 of the the Bishounen in maid costumes, the other one in a butler costume.
AHAHAHAHAHA sounds like a girl version of your typical guy's "maid" game/anime..... That would be awfully funny if you could pull it off....

I trust you are all familiar with the infamous Lime-iro? I had the idea to make a historically accurate (as much as possible) Lime-iro story with new characters, mostly told from a gender-neutral POV where there are several men on the ship (teacher, kendo instructor, doctor, young enlisted guy the girls' age) and the five girls like different guys. It probably wouldn't work well as a game, but it was a neat idea I had. But I have a strong disdain for fan fiction so I think if this materializes it will be in a different, un-lime-iro form.
The other idea I had was for a sort of female reverse of the military ren'ai idea from lime-iro, with a girl who is a daughter of some military dictator or something and 5 of his officers who have to escape with her and protect her when there is a coup. This is the more likely of the 2 ideas to materialize, and besides, I like uniforms very much. >: )

Recca Phoenix
Veteran

#40 Post by Recca Phoenix »

Sailor Kitty, you have appeased Recca's past videogame otaku highschool former self **blushes**
I name all my appliances for some odd reason, and my friend drew me a chobits-style bishonen version of my (no-longer-in-use) PS2, Kenji Lau Mifune II. Moe anthropomorphization is fun yet weird.
That is a great idea to go for, considering the huge otaku culture and renai game community connections, LOL. I'm pretty sure an anime or game came out where all the appliances in this dude's house were girls and he would be caught in awkward situations "with the washing machine" and whatnot.

About the OS-tans..... Most people don't even think of this, but the "MAC AND PC" commercials put out by apple are like non-moe anthropomorphizations of those computers, ahaha. There are a lot of spoof commercials too, including one where there is a Wii (blonde girl in a bikini) and a PS3 (fat girl in a sweater vest with glasses).

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#41 Post by chronoluminaire »

Wow, those "sanity effects" sound really effective. Distinctly creepy!
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#42 Post by F.I.A »

monele wrote:I don't remember the name of the game but there was this arcade-ish beat'em up (think "Lara Croft") that had you take control of various characters in various eras and they all had to deal with the paranormal (from mummies to ghosts). The more hurt you got, the more inclined you were to have visions of paranoia. But the great thing is that it was done in a way that you, the player, could believe it. For example, your character suddenly started to get smaller and smaller. Just long enough for you to go "wtf?" before it flashed back to reality with your character panting in fear. Then you'd walk down a stair and WHAM, your head was cut off and rolled down the steps... *flash* back to reality... It would do things like simulating your TV turning off just as you were facing a horde of zombies... and then flash back to a safe empty room.

Anyway... mix that with your concept and I think we'd get something interesting ^^
Hmm, it is indeed an interesting game(Thanks to Jake to point to the actual name). Though, my intention of a FEAR bar is that due to the fact that characters do not seem to be affected by much. Like, I know I jumped an inch when I hear a cat making noise in a shelf in Silent Hill, but the character didn't. From what I see, Eternal Darkness seems to freak the players more(With those delusions) than the in-game characters. But yea, it is a nice concept indeed.

------

Title: Marionette

Inspiration:
Rozen Maiden, and a dot of Pinochio in between.
Feature:
The 5 heroines in this game will be dolls of around 3 feet tall. More on that in character.

At the start of the game, you will be given a sort of quiz. By answering it, a heroine will come and accompany your normal life. As times go by, you will learn to know more about the heroine. Till one day, she will start to battle out with other heroines. The ending will be right after defeating all other 4 heroines.
Story
The main character is your ordinary high school otaku(Loves manga, eat junkfood, and loves games). One day, he received a letter with the quiz. Wondering if it is some sort of weird "girl of dream" survey, he answered them at his whim. Just right after he wrote his signature, the door bell rang. There was no one but a box in front of the door. Soon, curiosity got the better of him, when he opened it and found a doll in it.

The doll is more of a marionette, but the main character cannot find any strings to the rod(The one puppeteer holds to). Just as he holded the rod, something happened.

The rod glowed, and from it, glowing strings rooted out, circled the main character's hand in arranged unison, and ended on different parts of the doll's body(Head, hands, legs). Of course, our main character quickly threw the rod away, but by then it stopped glowing.

The glowing strings vanished as well. and soon, like a real life Chucky, the doll rose and walked up to the freaked main character, and announced herself. He is now her master...

Each of the heroines are based on an essence of the world(Namely, element). And by gathering all essences, the doll will be reborn once again as a real girl. That will be their aim.
Character
Heroines are based on the five elements found on the chinese days(Namely, Metal, Wood, Water, Fire, Earth), and represent a trait that makes a maiden.

Name: Kinko(Child of gold)
Element: Metal
Represent: Treasure(As in keeping something dear to her)
Briefing: The lady among the group. Overally hates the main character "unscheduled" life. Somewhat stern, but she is nice to those she knows. Elder sister of Maki.
Strength: Capable of unleashing shards to pin anyone opposes her.
Dislikes: Mess
Quote: "That is not something you should say to a lady."

Name: Maki(Pure tree)
Element: Wood
Represent: Curiosity(Of a growing child)
Briefing: The child among the group. A little bit on the spoiling side, but she likes everyone equally. Younger sister of Kinko.
Strength: Capable of shooting out roots from the ground. However, due to her characteristic, she does not want to fight most of the time.
Dislikes: Everything veges, or bugs
Quote: "Onii-chan! Piggyback! Piggyback!"

Name: Suijin(Crystal)
Element: Water
Represent: Acceptance(Ability to take in everything, be it harsh or good)
Briefing: The brain among the group. Nothing seems to delude her calmness, unless she totally snapped out. Twin sister of Hanabi.
Strength: Capable of controlling water into a gushing blast.
Dislikes: Whoever breaks her tea-time
Quote: "Let's take a rest."

Name: Hanabi(Firework)
Element: Fire
Represent: Passion(A girl needs to be moody sometimes, eh?)
Briefing: The tomboy among the group. Just like her own element, she is hotheaded and fiery. Twin sister of Suijin.
Strength: Capable of well, torching something(Obviously, no?).
Dislikes: Feeling helpless
Quote: "Muki~! I am not through yet! One more game! ONE MORE GAME!"

Name: Chisei(Spirit of the earth)
Element: Earth
Represent: Weakness(Well, everyone needs some flaws, right?)
Briefing: The outcast among the group. When she was created, her master died halfway, leaving her incomplete. Thus, she despises everything complete(Namely, her sisters). No sister bond like the other four.
Strength: Capable of controlling the very strength of the earth, allowing her to craft out monstrosity.
Dislikes: Nearly everything, other's perfection
Quote: "..."
Reason to dump:
Hmm... sounds too corny? And I think some Rozen Maiden fans might yell plagiarize. And I am rather concerned that I might be biased towards Hanabi the tsundere more and make her path longer than the rest.

Ultimately, one project at a time is my own motto(:cough: Hyperion :cough:), so let's hope it can be used by others.
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#43 Post by Sailor Kitty »

(No water spirit!? What kind of game is that!? Just kidding. Love the game idea, but I love Rozen Maiden, too... Torn over here.)

Trainer time

A pokemon game for crystal lovers

RPG

The story is, a female trainer whom you get to name in the beginning, starts her pokemon journey. She is going through the johto region, and the game has the same features as pokemon crystal. She has a pikachu and a charmander. (I designed what "Pokegear" looks like, yay me!) They catch more pokemon later on, but you can't make them catch pokemon, it happens as part of plot development. She can call freinds anytime on her cellphone card.

Charas:

Protagonist (default name Lolly)
Lolly is smart and outgoing. She is not very good at physical work, and sucks at math, but she has good logic skills and loves to read. She likes climbing mountains and likes archeology, and she hopes to be able to excavate unknown ruins. She also loves dragons. She has been taken care of by her grandmother, who died recently. Has never met her parents. Loves food.

Claus
A young boy who has a burning passion for science. Lollys best freind, often accompanies her via cell-phone. He is the "prof." of the game. Made her choose her pokemon by "Not that one.." "can't you pick another?" "Do you NEED a water type?" It turns out that he only had a charmander to offer. Likes talking about biology with Lolly.

Eusine
Looking for the legendary Suicune. Often called "master of illusion" because of his smokebombs that cause him to dissapear. Freinds with Lolly. Cool kinda guy.

Matte Kurdesai
Ditto that wants to be a human girl, so she transforms into Mirai. Accompanies Lolly during a part of the game. Heard that the legendary pokemon that lives on a star, Mew, could grant wishes. Wants to find Mew so that he can make her a real girl and grant Mirai life. Took her name after the first human words she heard. Is quiet and never speaks, since she is a pokemon. Can write and knows sign languegedge.

Mirai
Sickly girl who gets visited frequently by Matte. Wants to see the world outside instead of sitting inside playing video games. Mirai is capable of understanding pokemon speech. There a bit of a shojo-ai thing going on between her and Matte. Dies halfway through the game.

Happy
Pikachu that Lolly recued from an abusive trainer. Very curious.

Pynywx
Lollys first pokemon, therefor they share a special bond. Likes food.

There are three stories. The story has all the stuff you had to do in crystal, except for meeting Giovanni. And alot more sidequests and plot thingys. Other Additions are:

A small house on the route between Olivine and Ekruteak. The key that Lolly keeps around her neck fits perfectly in the keyhole. The house is full of things Lolly likes. This is a place where you can play SNES games and read books, etcetera.

Catching pokemon, many of witch are based on my own. (Pynywx was my very first!)

Team rocket plot is stronger then ever. The strange thing is, Team Rocket used to do good stuff, like stealing biowaste to make sure it won't be dumped in the lake. This time, they are going to use Mew to get world domination. Turns out Team Rockets boss had been kidnapped and an imposter sent out! The real team rocket boss is Lollys long-lost uncle. He was the one that built the little house, should she ever come that way.

Then they try to find Mew, and, well thats a big quest. First, they have to find other legendarys and convince them to help.
script is 85% done.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!

n9261andvari
Regular
Location: Otherside of the world, when you sleep I'm awake...

#44 Post by n9261andvari »

I've been playing Dawn of War: Dark Crusades recently and I just got an idea for another renai game! XD

Story:
In a war torn world there are 3 clans who reign supreme. These 3 clans have been at war with each other for as long as anyone could remember. Each are headed by a charismatic young lord and as the war goes on none are showing signs of backing down. But thanks to the war, there was a massive change in the population, there were now more men than women and the females were prized as valuable resources. Each clan has only a quarter of women in total to their population and each clan are killing each other's women to deliver a handicapping blow to their opponents. The 3 young clan lords are now in a pinch, they should stop hunting down the enemy's women and focus on theirs if they ever want to produce a lineage to continue on the legacy. Now these 3 lords are searching for the "perfect" woman who'll not only be able to bear them children but also can be fearsome in battle.

You play a young lady from a hidden 4th clan. The 4th clan have a rule that they should only watch the war and not take part in it. You however have no interest in just watching but wish to participate as well. You enter either one of the clans as a man, hoping that you'd get some action and pray that they don't find out. But what's this? Are you starting to develop feelings for your clan lord? Or are you starting to develop feelings for your opponent's clan lord? A complex love triangle in a war torn world where your choice will bring absolute victory to the clan you joined and crushing defeat for those of your enemies.

Meh...it's only an idea and it's still pretty vague so I'm not gonna ponder on it until I finish my current project. Also need to have some mad programming skillz for this one, lol.

Recca Phoenix
Veteran

#45 Post by Recca Phoenix »

that war story sounds like a neat idea, really original!