Tutorial: Same character, different expressions

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.

What now?

More tutorials
43%
Free character models
19%
Create a VN
38%

Total votes: 21

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

Re: Tutorial: Same character, different expressions

#16 Post by lordcloudx »

using a real photo as a reference layer and playing around with photoshop can get you a passable background in a few minutes too.

like so
Attachments
darkforest.jpg
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Free Time Machine
Regular

#17 Post by Free Time Machine »

(i think) even pro mangakas use real photos and trace with lightboxes for complicated backgrounds.

BUT, even those who use this method must have an eye for composition--just because the picture is "real" does not mean it looks "right" to us!
"HOLD ON TIGHT" ~ Outfits and expressions, where art thou? And why does Elsa's face look so awful??? *bangs head in*

Everytime you delete a traceback, someone else gets it. -PyTom

Zoideah

#18 Post by Zoideah »

Very true. Take a look at Ai Yazawa's work.