Older characters as romance options

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

Re: Older characters as romance options

#16 Post by RunicV » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:45 pm

In Your Arms Tonight and Kiss of Revenge were the better Voltage otome games in terms of maturity, Pirates in Love was an earlier work and much less deep. In Your Arms Tonight starts off with your husband cheating on you, Kiss of Revenge has you entering the hospital to take revenge on the doctor that ended your mother's life. I'd say these are pretty interesting introductions and they are surprisingly great reads.

Back to OP, I'd totally love to see more human characters. The only problem with them is that they tend to be too unlikable since they're flaws as normal humans are. They should be properly well-rounded in order to get the audience to truly like them. It sounds like a hard line to follow, but yes, I'd love those sort of people. More variety can never hurt.

<3
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

DeletedUser160413

Re: Older characters as romance options

#17 Post by DeletedUser160413 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:37 am

qirien wrote:Really? The grammar and plot were so bad on the prologue of the Pirate one that I didn't try any of their other stuff...
No you HAVE to try In your arms tonight. I dont play/buy any of their other games. In your arms tonight is closest to what I would call perfection. In my opinion even their new games aren't as good as that one. I know, Pirates in Love was so bad that I couldn't gets passed the prologue.

Can you believe that I've bought nearly every single characters main story, epilogue, 'another story' and sequel? Thats how good it is and I only accept perfection