Archive Site

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#106 Post by rioka »

re mikey>> Trust you to make note of her first! ;)
I have been considering a "one character per game" rule so it keeps things from getting out of hand. I think I will put up that rule - and good point about stick figures... I'll have to put something about that as well. :D

re cazel>> Hmm, that's something to consider when asking about archiving his earlier games. Providing a buggie game at the archive wouldn't be very good. :\

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#107 Post by PyTom »

eclipse wrote:re mikey>> Trust you to make note of her first! ;)
I have been considering a "one character per game" rule so it keeps things from getting out of hand. I think I will put up that rule - and good point about stick figures... I'll have to put something about that as well.
What we may want to do is to allow an arbitrary number of characters per game... but change the selection technique so that we first pick a game, and then pick a character from that game. This way, each game gets equal representation.

We might also give some sort of bonus to newer games, but the details of that are still sketchy to me.

Agree with a no-stick-figures rule, although we may want to simply add something about the management reserving the right to refuse proposed mascot images.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Gloranor
Regular

#108 Post by Gloranor »

IMHO a note saying that the administration reserves the right to refuse images should cover everything - from stick figures to images that just aren't appropiate - and would be better.
Though it should be obvious anyway, and I don't really see the need for a rule... but maybe thats just me.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#109 Post by mikey »

PyTom's proposition sounds nice, the equal representation.

About Muto... hmmm, even though it's buggy, having MM or some (any) other Muto game would be great - MM is not available anywhere AFAIK, so keep the diplomacy rolling! You might add something like "warning buggy" or so. Thinking back to the original purpose of Ren'Ai Archives (I like to keep that one in mind), if you'd compare it to a museum, they have working replicas, but also original gems that are damaged or dysfunctional in some ways, but it still is a great sight. The problem with Muto's games is that I've been told (from him) that most of the games' size came from the movies - and some games were as big as 500MBs. :? And the other problem - it said once on his site that several of them were "sold to another company" or something like that. It'll be a tough time hunting down the remains. Ren'Ai archeology!!

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#110 Post by rioka »

The equal representation sounds good to me. I'll make the changes at the FAQ.

Muto>> Pointed out that way, I should really make a try for it. I'm rather curious about them as well...

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#111 Post by PyTom »

In that case, I'll need to get hacking, to implement it.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom