Chronicles of The Fall: Domain of Chaos [project]

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
12th_Nightmare

Chronicles of The Fall: Domain of Chaos [project]

#1 Post by 12th_Nightmare »

My name is Max Shinran (the second) and I am a soldier. My home is a Terran colony world called Covenant. Covenant is at war for the first time in my life time. The unit I belong to went AWOL after one of our members disappeared. On orders from our captain we have split up to look for her. My search for her has led me to the fortress city Golgotha, home of the fearsome Black Company and their mysterious leader Chaos. The Black Company has refused to take any position on the conflict and has brutally put down all military intrusions on their territory. I have very little solid information about Golgotha and it's citizens. I have 30 days left before I must return and report my success or failure to my captain. (visual novel)

features

Code: Select all

potential 30 day timeline (may be reduced)
3 time periods each day (morning afternoon, evening) [maybe four? (morning, noon, afternoon, evening)]
10 unique characters
    Chaos
    Aisha (girl / Black Company soldier)
    Lonn (Black Company officer)
    Sarah (missing unit member)
    Dante (Black Company officer)
    Yuri (girl / civilian)
    Alexis (girl / intelligence officer)
    Houri (girl / fortune teller)
    Saul (bartender)
    Rafe (apartment manager)
at least ten endings
plot threads differ depending on who you talk to and how much the Black Company officers like you
20 locations (i'll list more later)
    Residential sector
        Apartment building
            Max' apartment
            Yuri's apartment
    Commercial sector
        backstreets
            'Wax Trax' Bar
            fortune teller
    Military sector
        Officer's quarters
            Lounge
            Lonn's room
            Alexis' room
        Soldier's quarters
            lounge
            Aisha's room
    the Underground
        sewer
        catacombs
            Archives
(a few more things once I think of them)

The "Chronicles of The Fall" is a Science-Fantasy 'universe' that I created a few years back. Covenant is the Planet where most of the stories take place. I'll try to answer any questions you might have.
Last edited by 12th_Nightmare on Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tyler
Regular

#2 Post by Tyler »

cool :)

12th_Nightmare

#3 Post by 12th_Nightmare »

I'm glad you think so.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#4 Post by rioka »

Sounds interesting from the description. And quite a different take for a Ren'ai game (situation, setting, and whatnot) too. How far along are you into completion?

12th_Nightmare

#5 Post by 12th_Nightmare »

I just started yesterday.
I'm going to be doing a progression flow chart today. Once that's done, I'll be able to start on the script (I'm doing it in Ren'Py.) My only problem is character graphics. I'm a good writer and a pretty good drafter but I can't draw to save my life. My current plan is to use characters from other sources as placeholders until I can find someone to help, but I'm not going to asking for help until that is the last thing left to do.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#6 Post by mikey »

Placeholders are generally a good idea. And I think that's the way to - just complete the game with placeholders and then ask someone to draw them - there shouldn't be any problems with that, when your game will be needing just that.