Just an Idea

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.

What do you think about this idea?

I like it!
29%
I don't like it!
71%

Total votes: 7

Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

Just an Idea

#1 Post by Zatch »

Here one of my ideas...

You are popular in school and everyone thinks your the man! One day your best friend dare you to enter this all girl school. They are let one guy to enter the school for one whole year. That what your friend told you before you enter for it. One week later there was a letter for you in the mailbox. You figure that the letter was a fake. You decide to open it anyways and to ur surprise you got accept. You were shock about this and your father took letter out of your hand. He readed it with an eager face and after he finish reading it. He turn to you and congrats you. On the last day of school everyone wish you good luck in your new school.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Just an Idea

#2 Post by PyTom »

Zatch wrote:They are let one guy to enter the school for one whole year.
So, of course, the immediate questions is... why?
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Jake
Support Hero

#3 Post by Jake »

PyTom wrote:So, of course, the immediate questions is... why?
Maybe their students are studying too hard and getting too-good grades and it's embarrassing the schools up and down the road, and they've been pressured into introducing a distraction?

Maybe they're concerned that a school populated entirely by girls in anime-style/VN setting inevitably leads to MariMite-style rampant repressed lesbianism, which not only is bad for grades, but they desperately want to avoid becoming yet another cliché?

Maybe the male schoolmaster was offered such a chance when he was young, and feels the responsibility to pass the opportunity on to the next generation? Undoubtedly it made him the man he is today!
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#4 Post by Hime »

Sounds too much like Otome wa boku ni koishiteru to me, even though Mizuho wasn't openly man. But how can it be an all-girls school anymore if it has a man in it?
...If you ask for my opinion, make a shoujo-ai game featuring an all-girls school. Because I'd do it if I had time and energy left from writing TeraMura. :<

Zatch
Regular

#5 Post by Zatch »

Now it isn't an all girl school anymore.

Well it start out as shoujo-ai game. Here the thing... what you choices you make will alter the game to be a bxg or yuri.

The main character old school work heck of hard to mantain its high gpa level average. None of the student have time to hang out.

The school challege the main character to take a year in an all girl school(Not anymore). They are doing an experiment if a male student enter all girl school. What would happen?

What do u think? Don't bother or Let give it a shot.

Any question post here!

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by monele »

They are doing an experiment if a male student enter all girl school.
This is really the point that bothers me as my suspension of disbelief breaks at the idea. It doesn't mean it can't be done but I think you *need* a good reason before going further.
An idea to help : what if it was not an all-girl school at all but the curriculum and reputation of the school ("bah, it's a school for girls!") ended up making it a school filled with girls (and not a girl filled with schools like I mistyped @_@). Um... I realize we had that kind of concept in another thread (Ideas Dump, hm?). Computer science schools tend to be filled with boys... just find a curriculum that would mean boys wouldn't readily go to it (something like sewing or fashion maybe?). So then, yes, the school might want to balance it back, but they don't want to change the main education themes... So they bring a boy (you) in the school to study what makes these themes boring for a boy and adapt it (just like people are trying new things to bring more girls into programming).

I also realize you'd need a good reason for the boy to accept going there. A dare is a bit weird... but ok... I could see two reasons : either the main character actually ended up full of it because of his popularity and, as you said, a friend dares him to succeed in a girl school... which he doesn't refuse because it looks like a great challenge. Or... the main character actually did bad, for some reason, and even though he should be thrown out of school, the board gives him a last chance in the girl school (but they have no faith he'll succeed and are just replying to the girl school request of getting a male student for the experiment).

Finally, you could add the element of disguise since maybe the girl school doesn't want the experiment to be skewed by girls fawning over the only boy around... so they force him to dress as a girl... which can lead to all sorts of funny situations, of course :3...

Zatch
Regular

#7 Post by Zatch »

Okay then...

I just got another idea sort of...

You are popular kid at the number 1 school in the whole region. You got top grades in your whole class. You are the star at your school and everyone loved you. Until your friend commit a crime and he blame you for it. The police bought the lie of your friend and sent you to jail.You got release early because your pay for your bail. Your parent are mad at you for the crime that you did. You can't return to your school and so you moved to another area. You attend this new school in the area called Mystic High school. You have to start over and with a new rep. You are parent hire a watch men to watch you. You and him became fast friend and he give you advice to help you out. You still don't trust him yet because what happen last time. Before you start the school your parent give you guideline what to be done. If you do what we expected you get more freedom and other stuff. You accept the requirement and you are ready to go next day. In the middle of the night you saw a crater near the your school and you decide to check it out!

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#8 Post by lordcloudx »

Hmm... I don't mean to sound offensive but the events seem a bit too random.
Zatch wrote:Okay then...

I just got another idea sort of...

You are popular kid at the number 1 school in the whole region. You got top grades in your whole class. You are the star at your school and everyone loved you. Until your friend commit a crime and he blame you for it. The police bought the lie of your friend and sent you to jail.
Time to call in jigoku shoujo hehe.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

BellosTheMighty
Regular

#9 Post by BellosTheMighty »

monele wrote:
They are doing an experiment if a male student enter all girl school.
This is really the point that bothers me as my suspension of disbelief breaks at the idea. It doesn't mean it can't be done but I think you *need* a good reason before going further.
*chuckles merrily*

People, people, people. You're trying WAY too hard... It's not at all unusual for all-girl or all-boy schools to go co-ed, and there are any number of perfectly logical reasons for it to be so, from political pressures to management fiat to simple economics. Say that our school in question has just opened it's doors to guy students this year. Why our hero is there? Either his parents are forcing it on him, or he's getting something out of it (say they offered him a college scholarship as incentive), or he's a perv, or if you want to bring the drama early, he's doing it to re-unite with or not be separated from his childhood friend. Why is he the only boy in school, or one of a handful? Again, any number of reasons- stigma, poor advertisement of the paradigm shift, or the news broke after everyone was already signed up in other schools.

Or, if you want to do the "political pressure" angle, he's a stopgap measure to buy time for the management to work things out. Or, on the opposite hand, he's inserted in the middle of the school year to placate people until general admission starts in the fall.

Keep in mind that "political pressure" doesn't have to come from politicians. It can also come from rich donors or rabble-rousing media figures.
----
"Yes, ninety percent would never get finished, and ninety percent of the rest would suck. That's the way it always works. That's how you get stuff that kicks ass." -Andrew Plotkin

Zatch
Regular

#10 Post by Zatch »

Yay co-ed! Yeah I know that it too random.XD I just wondering if your going say it! I think I know what to do
now.

Main character have to go all girl school to get the scholarship from city. He does have a childhood that goes to school there. He lost contract about two weeks before school ends. It hard to explain in the forum everything will be clear up during gameplay. I got everything plan out now.

Yay questions!

I change it to two so main character can be able talk to another guy.

Let see... He is stuck in his new school until next fall because school require a year studies in a different school.

Thanks for tips.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#11 Post by PyTom »

Deep inside OMNIVAC, a computer the size of a small city, a single vacuum tube burns out in the middle of a computation. Something that happens daily, it's not considered a problem... save for the fact that this happened to be the tube that stored $PROTAGONIST's gender.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom