18+ erotic game acceptance in Ren'Py

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
ippherita
Regular

18+ erotic game acceptance in Ren'Py

#1 Post by ippherita »

Hi guys, I am really new to this game engine.

Recently I was introduced to Ren'Py by a game called "Princess Trainer" by Akabur.

He is a magnificent artist the game was really awesome and kinky! I was totally inspired and wanted to make a game and share it to internet. (still at really early, twine writing, conceptualizing stage...)

I bumped onto this Ren'Py discussion Forum. I found that most of the discussion are about non-erotic games.

I was wondering how is the audience acceptance in this kind of erotic games? I know Japan have a lot of it, but not too sure about here...

The game I am thinking will be done no matter what (in 3 years), just wondering whether i can post it here or not...

Please also recommend some erotic Ren'Py games if you know one~ thanks!

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: 18+ erotic game acceptance in Ren'Py

#2 Post by fleet »

Welcome. :D
18+ erotic games are accepted here at lemmasoft; post the finished game in the "completed adult games section" See this link on how to access the adult areas of lemmasoft forums
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =10&t=3671

There is some activity in the adult forums here, but not as much as in the non-adult sections.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#3 Post by Samu-kun »

You can post 18+ games in the main completed section and the 18+ completed section. The only difference is that you can't post 18+ images in the general completed forum.

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

#4 Post by OokamiKasumi »

ippherita wrote:...I was wondering how is the audience acceptance in this kind of erotic games? I know Japan have a lot of it, but not too sure about here...
Hi there,
-- Ero-games may not get a huge amount of attention here, but they Are accepted and appreciated. You just have to apply for access to the 'adult' section (and be over18.) I've actually made several R18 games myself. ♥
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

ippherita
Regular

#5 Post by ippherita »

Thank you sooo much for the reply and suggestion!

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by DaFool »

ippherita, thank you for giving me the keywords for a good google search. I was wondering too for a long time what on earth happened in the English scene when majority of amateur JVNs are erotica but majority of EVNs are not. (Not that it's bad, I mean come on, stuff like Basiliska you can parade in front of Mom and Dad and Academia and say, look, it's edifying!). So now I know where the hell the H authors are at. They're artists for hentai sites who just happen to be using Ren'Py for their text adventures.