Engine For Single-Player Pay-To-Play Game?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
nerdy
Regular

Engine For Single-Player Pay-To-Play Game?

#1 Post by nerdy »

I have been looking to find an engine so I can make a single player online game that has optional payments (like for buying coins, tokens, blah, blah, blah). I know Ren'py cannot do this, so are there other engines that would work? :D
Visit My Game Company Blog (No Posts Yet) :

http://art-and-games.blogspot.com/

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Engine For Single-Player Pay-To-Play Game?

#2 Post by DaFool »

I know Winterwolves has successfully used Ren'Py to contact his server for activations, so maybe this might work for an in-game item shop?

I also know that Construct2 is the other very easy engine that's used for HTML5 games and can be integrated with a variety of online hosts where you just need to sign up and analytics will be provided to you. I'm just waiting for 2dt to make his VN engine and integrate with it (they use same technologies).

Sorakun
Regular
Completed: Techno Titans, Blood Metal Exorcism, Tom Cruiser, Mechadin, UPlay
IRC Nick: Sorakun

Re: Engine For Single-Player Pay-To-Play Game?

#3 Post by Sorakun »

You could always program your own game instead of using an engine, a lot of programming languages have really easy libraries you can use for networking.

Otherwise Unity has features for adding network, so you could try that. Perhaps a bit more complex than what you where looking for, but it works