NaNoRenO - Make a Ren'ai Game in 1 Month!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
RedSlash
Veteran

#61 Post by RedSlash »

Im one of the ppl who won't have time to play them all at the same time. But I don't think its a problem. We just take our time to go through them, and feedbacks will gradually come along.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#62 Post by rioka »

I think the problem is that this will be the first time that there will actually be a selection of ren'ai games we can play. Usually, we're treated to only one every several months or so. NNRO/IRAM will be putting us all in a big candy store with lots of goodies to try out but not knowing where to start first. It'll be a field day. I say enjoy it. And like Sai said: "Just pick the game you like the best based on whatever you want (e.g. prologue, visuals etc.) "

As for that drought you're worried about, after a month of chaos, yes, I think people will relax, take a break, and play the new games. I don't know about the others, but I have another game waiting on the wings after March.... ^^ ..and don't you have one too, mikey? ;)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#63 Post by mikey »

*reads through posts*
Okay, so let's just say good times are coming. Every man for himself! :D

This reminds me, what about Metropolitan Blues? It looks to have troubles on the finishing straight, perhaps IntRenAiMo could be motivating, hmm...
eclipse wrote:..and don't you have one too, mikey?
It seems I might have been spotted at the RenPy tech support section...

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#64 Post by rioka »

Actually, it was your mini-development journal entry in the previous page:
And one more thing... why not IntRenAiMo then? I do have a RenPy project in the making, but I wouldn't make the deadline.
^_^

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#65 Post by mikey »

ts... I am in a talkative mood today... guess I'll write my journal...

Yesterday, while falling asleep... I threw away my whole NaNoRenO project! All the flowcharts of my story to be, the art concepts in my head... Shift+Del. I have a new story concept, although it seems to me now that it's going to be even simpler than the previous one. Making some progress with that unfriendly MIDI editor, although I may just use FastTracker and convert the songs. The new flowchart is a laugh though... And the color scheme? Orange and blue. Yup. Scares me too... Oh and... the pesky passwords will make an unwelcome return once again... resistance is useless.

Tage
Regular

#66 Post by Tage »

...Shift+Del = EVIL...
Well, only when you're not thinking about what you're deleting, lol.
I deleted a game folder that I thought was a temporary game folder. Well, the truth is it was...but the problem was that my art was saved in that folder as well... :shock: I didn't get any of it back. I have to redraw my characters... -.-

I loved how you used the K*A*O*R*I password! =P I thought it was cool. :o

Grey
Veteran

#67 Post by Grey »

Silly Tage >_<

That'll teach you not to delete folders without checking their contents first huh? :roll: Or to take backups (I'm quite unfortunately prone to accidentally overriding things when creating things based on those things)

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#68 Post by chronoluminaire »

I'm quite excited and looking forward to NaNoRenO now. I've got two ideas - one old project that I could resurrect and start from scratch in a stripped-down form, and one completely new idea - and I'm quite getting into exploring ideas and musing which of them would be better and which would give me more chance of finishing it within the month. The only problem is... I'm enjoying wondering and planning for NaNoRenO so much, I'm barely doing any work on Elven Relations -.-;;

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#69 Post by rioka »

lol Same here! I had to put all my NaNoRenO plans away so I can finish my test project first. ^^;

I have to say I'm very happy with what I have planned so far - I have the basic plot outline, made a few character concept doodles, weedled down my background pic choices to a handful, figured out my basic overall game design - images, menus, endings... Now if only I can finish my test project so I can see if I can make a ren'ai game in one month.... <.<' ... Half of the month already... >.< Gah!

Tage
Regular

#70 Post by Tage »

Mhrr...I had my first day of classes for this semester... and... :shock:

I hate doing this, but I won't have enough time to work enough on my game project for IntRenAiMo... I'll still work on my game though, but I will definitely not finish by April. Knowing my lazy procrastinating self, I need to save all the time I can muster for schoolwork. Oh well, I felt it best to tell you instead of letting people expect a game from me by April. :oops: Good luck on your projects!!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#71 Post by mikey »

Tage wrote:...Shift+Del = EVIL...
Though that was a mental Shift+Del... Anyway, thik positive, your new characters will be even better!
Tage wrote:I loved how you used the K*A*O*R*I password! =P I thought it was cool. :o
(*wind can be heard*)There's a dark secret regarding this pw that almost no one knows (*switches off flashlight*). The letters are witnesses of the original project name (*an owl in the distance*)... Scary, scary...
Chronoluminaire wrote:...I'm enjoying wondering and planning for NaNoRenO so much, I'm barely doing any work on Elven Relations...
My suspicion: Now I can't wait to do something, and then I won't know what to do first!
eclipse wrote:.Now if only I can finish my test project so I can see if I can make a ren'ai game in one month.
Don't you even think about pulling out... :twisted:
Hmm... a test project... a game? A playable thingy like MMM? Questions, questions...
Tage wrote:Oh well, I felt it best to tell you instead of letting people expect a game from me by April. Good luck on your projects!!
Hmmm... you still have time to reconsider... I've quit just about everything else, gave up article writing, limited TV time, game playing and it really helps. Anyone wants to fill in Tage's place? ;)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#72 Post by rioka »

Hey, who said I was pulling out? I'm going to go through with it whether I sink or swim when its all over. And yup, a workable game. So far, I'm making good time.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#73 Post by mikey »

Okay, tradition is tradition, the journal continues...

It's official now, the name of my NaNoRenO game will be Transfer Teacher. There will be two separate story lines, both pretty short I'm afraid, but first priority is finishing it. There will be a very tough password though, but hopefully it will be worth it. And this time, it shouldn't be cheatable. Now I'm trying to do everything I can so my March will have as much free time as possible. About the story... maybe you can guess from the title the story of the first story line, the second should be a little different. I'm not quite sure how I can make it work though, but there are still 3 weeks before the start, so hopefullyI can think of something. Also, it will be a change of genre for me, lighter plot, more fun... we'll see how that works out...

Grey
Veteran

#74 Post by Grey »

I think...I'm going to need to do some, if not all of the artwork this month, in order to have a remote chance of finishing programming the game in a month. As it is I'm still not amazingly sure I'll be able to do so :roll:

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#75 Post by chronoluminaire »

I've got a graphic artist for NaNoRenO! It's not the guy who's doing the Elven Relations art. Instead I asked one of my best IRL friends, who's an excellent digital artist, and she said she'd be happy to help: in fact she's rather looking forward to it. :D

I'm really looking forward to it as well. It will be a great day for fan-made ren'ai games if even half of us finish within the month. I think it'll be quite exciting to have been part of the first NaNoRenO, as well... :)