Anyone know where I can get backgrounds

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Gamesmaster

Anyone know where I can get backgrounds

#1 Post by Gamesmaster »

I haven't been to this site in a long time.I'm alright with drawing characters but I'm not good at drawing backgrounds so I was looking for a place to download some.I remember there being a site where you could download backgrounds from other bishojo games but when I checked my favorites links I couldn't find it anywhere.Anyone know where I can find some??
"Fortune Favors the Bold"

Avery Brooks

PrettySammy09
Veteran

Re: Anyone know where I can get backgrounds

#2 Post by PrettySammy09 »

There's a resources thread somewhere down the line. Perhaps something in there. :)

Dilettante

#3 Post by Dilettante »

Is it acceptable to use backgrounds from commerical games? Somewhere I have a CD where I saved a number of backgrounds a long time ago.

Gamesmaster

#4 Post by Gamesmaster »

Is it acceptable to use backgrounds from commerical games? Somewhere I have a CD where I saved a number of backgrounds a long time ago.

I assume that it falls within the area of fan art since I'm not selling it.I'm just using it to make a game.But I'm not a lawyer so I might be wrong.At any rate I might have solved the problem without using PC game material.There was a topic on this very thing on this site.(Although it did take some digging).I'll have to look again and copy the address.

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=889
"Fortune Favors the Bold"

Avery Brooks

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by monele »

It's not fanart since you didn't make it yourself :). No, it's technically a copyright infringement to reuse anything from something you don't own the rights of (except for parody, illustrating a point and the very few fair use cases).

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by DaFool »

Some freeware J-BGs (scroll down):
http://renpy.org/wiki/community/Resource_Links

I wouldn't use, for example, F/SN backgrounds on a non-F/SN fangame.