Higurashi dating sim

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

Re: Higurashi dating sim

#16 Post by Hime »

ML wrote:For the photographs, would you (or anyone else) be able to find some? I have no idea where to look. We don't want to just get them from anywhere, do we? After all, we have to worry about copyright issues etc.?

Sure, you can draw the backgrounds if you like =). Wouldn't that take a long time, though? Drawing backgrounds are so difficult @_@.
I'm really bad at finding photos... ^^; About the time that making BGs would take, it depends what kind of quality you need... For the detailed ones, they do take a long time. But if I'd base the BGs on photos, it would be a lot easier. I could also try editing them to match my style more.
ML wrote:- Hime, your character style is very unique. I wonder if you could mimic the way Rena looks in the anime?
Hmm... The original series or Kai? Or both? I can try a more anime-ish style, as long as I don't have to copy the style very exactly. So it depends on how much I'd have to mimic it. If there is something about my stule that you'd like to see change in particular, please mention it and I'll try my best. :)
This is the first time my style has been called unique... It feels like a compliment. ^^

Just posted some Rena/Higurashi on my blog, by the way. :D I mentioned the project too.

Ren

#17 Post by Ren »

I hope I'm not going too much off topic asking this, but I've always been really curious to know what"Kashira kashira"meant in Utena...I've always seen it translated as I wonder I wonder, but then what's the difference/similarity with Ka na?

*Revolutionarizes you all. then flies away on a shining star*

Hime
Veteran

#18 Post by Hime »

Ren wrote:I hope I'm not going too much off topic asking this, but I've always been really curious to know what"Kashira kashira"meant in Utena...I've always seen it translated as I wonder I wonder, but then what's the difference/similarity with Ka na?
Hmm... I'm a total amateur at this so anyone's opinions can be way more correct than mine, but I think that kashira and kana mean the same thing, but have a different tone. Kashira would be a bit more mature and proper, whereas kana would be a little more childish and colloquial. Not entirely sure, though.

Ren

#19 Post by Ren »

Ah, I see!Thank you very much for replying!

QuackingShoe

#20 Post by QuackingShoe »

"Kashira" and "kana" mean essentially the same thing, just with different connotations, as Hime said. Basically, "kashira" is used primarily by women. In Japan, there are a lot more differences in acceptable ways of speaking based on your gender than there are in English. While women can also use "kana," you (probably) won't see a man using "kashira."

In case you wanted to know, since I explained the parts of "ka na," "ka shira" is formed with (again) the "ka" question marker but this time combined with the verb "to know," "shiru." In this case, it's conjugated to the negative informal "to not know," "shiranai," and dropping the "nai." You can see how this would develop to mean what it does...

It's too bad I don't have any decent program to clean up and color things with. I would have offered to provide art as well. Anime isn't usually my style, but I was messing around last night and found I could make a fair likeness of Rena. But, luckily it seems Hime has things well in hand, mm?

Maybe you should forsake music and just have Higurashi crying in the background the whole time ;)

M12
Veteran

#21 Post by M12 »

Thanks for the Japanese lesson people :mrgreen:.

QuackingShoe, the cicadas idea is pretty funny, but nah, I don't think Rena will be going psycho in this game.

Thanks for the sketch Hime. The drawing looks fantastic. Now to answer your questions:

- I could find some backgrounds. I will find some simple ones so that won't be a pain to draw.
- Original or Kai? I like Rena in the original more. The sides of her hair are longer, and it looks neat.

Yep, your style is unique. Here are some suggestions on what we could do to make the drawing more Higurashi-like:
- Make her hairstyle more like season one's.
- Omitting the... urm, jaw line. As in, the small line placed between the lips and the chin. Hopefully you know what I'm referring to =).
- Eyes wider apart? An eye's distance between the eyes.
- Smaller lips. Lips drawn in one line instead of two.
You think those will work? I think they will =D. Anyone with more ideas, please share.

Hime, is it okay if I put your Rena sketches on my blog?

Please let me know what you think, thanks. Once I finish the script, I'll send it to Hime via IM on lemmasoft.

Hime
Veteran

#22 Post by Hime »

ML wrote: Thanks for the sketch Hime. The drawing looks fantastic. Now to answer your questions:

- I could find some backgrounds. I will find some simple ones so that won't be a pain to draw.
- Original or Kai? I like Rena in the original more. The sides of her hair are longer, and it looks neat.

Yep, your style is unique. Here are some suggestions on what we could do to make the drawing more Higurashi-like:
- Make her hairstyle more like season one's.
- Omitting the... urm, jaw line. As in, the small line placed between the lips and the chin. Hopefully you know what I'm referring to =).
- Eyes wider apart? An eye's distance between the eyes.
- Smaller lips. Lips drawn in one line instead of two.
You think those will work? I think they will =D. Anyone with more ideas, please share.

Hime, is it okay if I put your Rena sketches on my blog?

Please let me know what you think, thanks. Once I finish the script, I'll send it to Hime via IM on lemmasoft.
Thanks for your solution with the backgrounds... I'll be trying my best with them as soon as you'll find them! ^^

Hmm... The drawing style... I'll try my best with it. Her hairstyle is a bit difficult, but I think that the other ones can be taken care of at ease. If I understood the jaw line thing, at least. ^^;

You can put the sketches on your blog. I'd be really grateful if you'd link it to my blog, too, but that's definitely not compulsory if you feel uncomfortable with the idea.

M12
Veteran

#23 Post by M12 »

Hey everyone. Our Higurashi project is going pretty well. Anyone up for putting the game together? I could program the game in Flash, but if anyone could program it in my stead, that would be really fantastic. Thanks.

ameet

#24 Post by ameet »

ML wrote:Hey everyone. Our Higurashi project is going pretty well. Anyone up for putting the game together? I could program the game in Flash, but if anyone could program it in my stead, that would be really fantastic. Thanks.
Hi. I'm the composer from the other thread. :) Let me know when you need the music, or if any clips in the links I posted sounds good for your game. My album "Lost in a New Age" is piano music solely. So something should fit...

M12
Veteran

#25 Post by M12 »

Hello Ameet. Yep, I had a listen to your soundtracks. They are excellent and very professional. Sorry, I haven't been responding much because my uni work is overloading, but some time in the future, I hope to request to use your music. Thank you. Hime, could you help out too? Thanks. =)

Hime
Veteran

#26 Post by Hime »

ML wrote:Hello Ameet. Yep, I had a listen to your soundtracks. They are excellent and very professional. Sorry, I haven't been responding much because my uni work is overloading, but some time in the future, I hope to request to use your music. Thank you. Hime, could you help out too? Thanks. =)
I'd be glad to help, but... Help out with what, to be exact? I'm dumb when I'm tired so I can't really figure out what you mean here..

M12
Veteran

#27 Post by M12 »

Ameet posted some music here:

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=2814

For us to possibly use. If you like, Hime, you could give them a listen when you have time =). But it's all good, I can select some once we get deeper into the project. =D