Interactive drama/novel submission

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Mr. E
Regular

Re: Interactive drama/novel submission

#16 Post by Mr. E »

Javier, I'm sorry to say that we won't be able to host your game on the archives. It's truly a pity, since Masq is quite a unique game, with an impressive amount of branching and graphics.
The reasons are that, since Masq is playable online, we don't really have control over it, and cannot truly archive it. If the main server that holds Masq dies, then the game will be gone as well, and the archiving would have meant absolutely nothing. If you change the game so that it is paid it will also violate another main rule of the archive, that the games need to be free. Heck, you could ( I'm not saying that you will do any of these things, but just that you could ) transform Masq into a first person shooter and erase all VN aspects of it.
The RAA are really more of an archive than a place for promoting games or distributing them. Even games that are already in the archive still get many downloads from the forum instead. The archives are more of a place to put games and store them so they don't get lost in the 30-minute world of internet, where a day ago is ancient history. But if we can't store it and can't truly have any control on its content, then we can't host your game there. I'm sorry. I don't like to exclude any game but it's just not possible to host Masq while its content is still internet-dependant.
Of course, you are free to still post in the forums and promote your game here. I see you've already posted in the complete games section and that is fine by me. I hope you'll get some useful feedback and I wish you luck.

Mr. E

javier

Re: Interactive drama/novel submission

#17 Post by javier »

I understand.

Thanks Mr. E