Male sprites - free to use

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Taters
Regular

Male sprites - free to use

#1 Post by Taters »

Yeah, so I don't normally post in forums, but I thought this might help some people out.

I've been playing around with Ren'py for a few months now, and as a result, I've got some art that will probably never make it into a game because I'm mainly playing around, not really finishing anything. I feel a little sad that these little guys are only here for my entertainment, so I've uploaded them to photobucket, in hopes that someone will actually finish a game with them.

They aren't anything spectaular, I'm not the world's best artist and I've only drawn 3 expressions for each guy, but I've opened this art up for everyone to use. And I DO mean any project. Commercial, non-commercial, hentai, BL, Guro, religious propaganda; it doesn't matter to me in the slightest. All I ask, is that you credit me somewhere. So, err yeah... Have fun!

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee212/Taters_vn_art/

dizzcity
Veteran
Projects: Lakeside Sunset, Wedding Vows, Working Woman

Re: Male sprites - free to use

#2 Post by dizzcity »

Thank you. These are excellent pieces of work, and it's always nice to have more free character sprites. ^_^ I don't have a project that will be able to use them yet, but I'm sure someone will.

-Dizzy-
A smart man follows the rules, a dumb man breaks them. A great man bends the rules and thus creates them.
Fanfiction.net Profile.
Writer and director of Working Woman (NaNoRenO March 2010)
Writer and director of Wedding Vows (finished 2009).
Creator of Lakeside Sunset (finished 2006).

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by DaFool »

Nice, these are pretty professional-looking, and we don't have much character packs, especially with guys.

I've added yours in:

http://www.renpy.org/wiki/community/Resource_Links

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#4 Post by lordcloudx »

Hmm... I'm guessing you used pencils for the lineart? Good job. It has nice, washed-out, hand-drawn look. The colors are also excellent.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Taters
Regular

#5 Post by Taters »

Thanks for all the compliments guys :D

DaFool: Thanks for linking me! I do plan on tossing any art that I don't think I'll end up using into that photobucket account, so you may see some backgrounds and female sprites in there eventually. I'll probably post here again if that happens anytime in the near future.

lordcloudx: I actually didn't use any real media for the lineart, I just starting playing around in painter until something good happened :mrgreen: I think the tool I used to create the lines may have been a pencil tool, but to be honest it was a couple months ago when I made them, so I don't really remember.