Is this a good game plan for recruitment?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
writinggg
Regular

Is this a good game plan for recruitment?

#1 Post by writinggg »

I used to be on here before, but I left for a long while and decided to make a new account. I wanted to ask a question since I'm rusty to this forum.

OK, I want to recruit for a game idea, but first I want to see if this is a good plan :

1) I first will plan out as much as I can. It's very small, but of course planning is still needed. I want to be diplomatic when it comes to ideas, but since this is for experience, it's best not to change it wants everything is set in stone (which I'm worried could cause problems).

2) Make a forum post. I can only write, so I can only show some of the writing in a spoiler as proof of work. I will recruit 2-3 extra people to keep things as small as possible (too much or too little?)

3) We will only post about the game when it is 80% done (too late?)

Thanks for the advice in advance! :mrgreen:

ColaCat
Veteran

Re: Is this a good game plan for recruitment?

#2 Post by ColaCat »

Sounds like a fairly good plan.
All I'd say is make sure you have as much work done as possible before asking for people to help, that way they know that you're doing something - and that there's something to work with. You may need more people than that, but it does depend on what you have in mind.
Who's doing the coding? Music? CG's? Sprites? If you're only doing writing then 2-3 people aren't actually very many. Especially since you might want to consider having someone proofread it and/or and editor/co-writer to help you get the script nicely finished (it's always good to have a second perspective on these things).

writinggg
Regular

#3 Post by writinggg »

@Colecat :

I will do coding (it is not a complicated game). I just hope I can find someone for music and art.

ColaCat
Veteran

#4 Post by ColaCat »

You could always take a look in the creative commons, there are loads of free resources there.

Ben Ayoo
Regular
Completed: The coin and the gun
Organization: Ben Studio

#5 Post by Ben Ayoo »

Also there is no reason not begin right away, there is the idea and work in progress section at the Board index where you can put the general idea of the game and game progress even if it is only 10% of the game done (too early is good for marketing)