People to follow on twitter/tumblr etc?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Omega_93
Regular

People to follow on twitter/tumblr etc?

#1 Post by Omega_93 »

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this!
Just wondering if there's any good people related to OELVNs to follow on social media? I don't really post anything myself (yet) but I just wanted to see who's on there to follow as I couldn't really find any
=]

Tempus
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Ladykiller in a Bind
Projects: StoryDevs
Tumblr: jakebowkett
Deviantart: jakebowkett
Github: jakebowkett

Re: People to follow on twitter/tumblr etc?

#2 Post by Tempus »

Me.

Okay, I'm not actually brave enough to post just that. I say go through the feeds of people and work out whether you think their tweets are of value for you. The thing about Twitter -- all social media really -- is that it's as valuable as you make it. If you follow a lot of people who are technically devs but in practice post about what they ate for breakfast most of the time (and hey, if you like that then go ahead and follow them) it may not be the best experience for you. If you make an effort to follow only those who have useful / interesting things to say then it can be very valuable. I tend to restrict the amount of people I follow so that I can actually read my feed. And there's the whole networking aspect for promoting and making friends.

If you actually don't know of anyone in the VN community... well that's different. There's Sake Visual, Hanako Games, Dischan, Cyanide Tea -- they're all teams with individuals comprising them who all have their own personal accounts. And there's RenpyTom. And me. Haha, okay you're getting on my nerves man stop promoting yourself. They're just what come to me off the top of my head though. Actually someone put me on a VN dev list on Twitter recently... here it is. You can view the members list to find devs :) And if you stick around these forums and get to know who's who, you'll see many people now have their Twitter account linked on their profile. (Like me. (Okay I'll stop.))
StoryDevs — easy-to-search profiles for VN devs (under construction!)

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#3 Post by sasquatchii »

I'm still new to the visual novel community, but have been trying to follow a whole bunch of different people connected to VN's. I agree that @renpytom is a great person to follow, he is very much involved with the vn community, posts great stuff on game dev, is great at retweeting stuff other vn creators said, and even posts nifty tidbits on space every once in a while.

Some pretty cool artists I recently discovered:
@meagantrott
@DejiNyucu
@AuroCyanide
@MysteryCorgi

VN Creators/Teams:
@sakevisual
@pcmacgames
@telltalegames (throwing these guys in there because I believe that they make super fancy VN's, although many would disagree with me)
@HanakoGames
@saguaro_foo
@oelvn (although I almost put him in the artist category, cause he is! Uncle Mugen makes awesome free bg's for everyone to use)
@TM_VN
@christinelove (creator of analogue a hate story)
@atpprojects (This guy is awesome! He has been creating visual novels since 2004, and used to manage the Ren'Ai archives)
@arowana_vx
@CScribes
@vnwriter
@kaleidofish
@jodoran

And also @vnsnow who has a podcast on VNs, but I'm not sure if he has actually created one.

I'm sure I left out a ton of awesome people, but hopefully this will help get you started! & welcome to the forums! :D
ImageImage

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

#4 Post by netravelr »

sasquatchii wrote:I'm still new to the visual novel community, but have been trying to follow a whole bunch of different people connected to VN's. I agree that @renpytom is a great person to follow, he is very much involved with the vn community, posts great stuff on game dev, is great at retweeting stuff other vn creators said, and even posts nifty tidbits on space every once in a while.

Some pretty cool artists I recently discovered:
@meagantrott
@DejiNyucu
@AuroCyanide
@MysteryCorgi

VN Creators/Teams:
@sakevisual
@pcmacgames
@telltalegames (throwing these guys in there because I believe that they make super fancy VN's, although many would disagree with me)
@HanakoGames
@saguaro_foo
@oelvn (although I almost put him in the artist category, cause he is! Uncle Mugen makes awesome free bg's for everyone to use)
@TM_VN
@christinelove (creator of analogue a hate story)
@atpprojects (This guy is awesome! He has been creating visual novels since 2004, and used to manage the Ren'Ai archives)
@arowana_vx
@CScribes
@vnwriter
@kaleidofish
@jodoran

And also @vnsnow who has a podcast on VNs, but I'm not sure if he has actually created one.

I'm sure I left out a ton of awesome people, but hopefully this will help get you started! & welcome to the forums! :D
Whoo! I made the list. Last, but still on the list. :-P I agree a lot with with Tempus has said, follow those who you are interested in learning more about and/or are interested in. I kinda dabble in a lot of places; but it's generally about game development (not always VNs though)

Good luck!
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#5 Post by sasquatchii »

netravelr wrote:Whoo! I made the list. Last, but still on the list. :-P I agree a lot with with Tempus has said, follow those who you are interested in learning more about and/or are interested in. I kinda dabble in a lot of places; but it's generally about game development (not always VNs though)

Good luck!
Daww, I promise it doesn't mean anything! I just saved the best for last :D
ImageImage

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#6 Post by Kato »

And don't forget to follow the fabulous @bluespheregroup too! ;) /shamelessplug
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#7 Post by Caveat Lector »

I mostly just retweet a lot of stuff, but be sure to follow me @velveteen_rabbt !
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Noire
Regular
Projects: Mirage Noir

#8 Post by Noire »

Jumping the shameless self-promotion bandwagon :'D

@Mirage_Noir

I post at least one update per week regarding my VN Project (usually I participate in #ScreenshotSaturday)

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#9 Post by KomiTsuku »

@Katajion (Everyone always forgets me... for I am the Ghost of Visual Novels!)
@ChrisTenarium
@Raithfyre
@Youkonos
@Nugeyo_
@GlieseVN
@DestinyFailsUs
@beautifulstarrz

Those are just a handful. There are a ton of folks out there.