Happy New Year! Tell us about your upcoming 2015 Projects!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

Re: Happy New Year! Tell us about your upcoming 2015 Project

#16 Post by thebackup »

Happy New Year!

Hoping to finish Cafe Memoria sometime this year! There's no set release date yet, but I'm making a push to get stuff done. Been a year since I started that project, so much has been done between now and a year ago!

As for future projects, they haven't even been started yet. I do have several rough ideas written up.

Good luck to everyone with their projects :)

Dragonstar89
Regular
Projects: TBA
Organization: Self
IRC Nick: dstar89
Deviantart: senpai-jake

#17 Post by Dragonstar89 »

I started up my current project last year, with a LONG break in between. Started everything up again, beginning with the character sprites. I want my first ever released VN to be a very good one >.< Project here.
Beginning pre-production work on a project in Renpy. After being away for 5 years, it's time to get back in the game 8)

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#18 Post by Rossfellow »

I have two concepts for a Dark Magical Girl story fighting for my conceptual greenlight. They're too different from each other to merge together (different cast, setting and premise), and I like them both, but I'll only be able to write one of them after I'm done with my current project.
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#19 Post by KittyKatStar »

Last year, Autumn's Journey was released, so yay!

Worked on a lot of little things, like coding/betaing/editing for various VNs/games. It also pushed back the projects I've been writing for, but I think I can finally focus this year. ^^; My goal is to really just write/edit/storyboard and organize my priorities.

This year, I'll be working on 2 games for sure, and hope both will be released before the end of 2015.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#20 Post by Morhighan »

Happy new year!

I'm working on AIdol, as well as finishing up art and writing commissions. I'm also starting my new freelance job as a bookkeeper for indie game devs. Lots to do!

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#21 Post by Caveat Lector »

Rainbow Love will sadly probably be on hiatus until further notice. I am, however, planning out another project...something very secret...I'll be doing behind the scenes work trying to balance out how large the budget is actually going to be. Part of me is seriously considering going the Higurashi route and just taking pictures and then running them under "filter" in some kind of Photoshop-esque program. Or maybe I can pull through after all. There will probably be an official announcement once I have most of the art assets organized.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

LiamExe
Regular
Projects: Locked Souls
itch: liamexe

#22 Post by LiamExe »

I guess this year might be the year I finally feel brave enough to make a topic in the 'Works in Progress' section, haha. But it's still a scary prospect, to put everything out there for the world to see.
Current Project--Writing Services [OPEN]

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#23 Post by Haze »

LiamExe wrote:I guess this year might be the year I finally feel brave enough to make a topic in the 'Works in Progress' section, haha. But it's still a scary prospect, to put everything out there for the world to see.
Posting your game in the forums isn't so scary. It's a good way to get outside opinions on your work-- and to get others interested. Don't worry; you'll be fine. : )

As for my 2015 project...weeeeell.... It's my first long-term project that involves ethos, pathos, logos, magical girls, some turn-based strategy, and a good amount of slice of life. It'll probably be commercial. I haven't made a thread about it yet, though, because i want to get most(if not all) of the writing and coding done, and I don't have any art assets yet.
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

kser6354
Regular
Projects: Routine

#24 Post by kser6354 »

I hope i can get to do longer short story, and slowly work on a full length project.

But I am not sure I can do it haha...

Right now, writing the script of my next project.
:) Crossed fingers.
Care to share with me?

eileen
Veteran
Projects: Akiba Z and Passion Sync
Organization: Aphrodisia/Beautiful Starr

#25 Post by eileen »

I'm working on my two projects Maleficent Justice and Passion Sync. Right now, I'm trying to focus on Maleficent Justice the most as it's further along then Passion Sync is. I hope everyone give both project a try when it comes out. ^^

ibukichan
Regular
Completed: Project E.A.R.T.H. [NaNo '15]
Projects: A Step Ahead, Deadhead, Jinsei no Mondai
itch: aikosakana

#26 Post by ibukichan »

Happy New Year, everyone!
I've got a few projects on the go right now, and I'm hoping that I can find the time to release them all before the end of the year.
-Half-Dead In Despair, my major project that I've been planning for almost a year. I'm not optimistic about releasing it anytime soon, since my artist flaked out on me :(
-A Valentine's Day otome that's one of my main projects right now, It'll be released Valentine's Day
-Deadhead, a cyberpunk dystopian. I was originally working on this with a friend, but she decided to focus on another project, and left it to me
-Project 2.0, an unnamed yuri set in a Japanese high school. The specifics are secret for now, but I'm optimistic about releasing this before the end of the year, for sure
And I'm also doing NaNoWinter, so everything except the valentine's otome has been shifted to the back burner.
That's it! :)

Katy133
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Eight Sweets, The Heart of Tales, [redacted] Life, Must Love Jaws, A Tune at the End of the World, Three Guys That Paint, The Journey of Ignorance, Portal 2.5.
Projects: The Butler Detective
Tumblr: katy-133
Deviantart: Katy133
Soundcloud: Katy133
itch: katy133

#27 Post by Katy133 »

I'm currently working a visual novel titled The Butler Detective. It's a crime-solving mystery story.

I also plan on hopefully making a short VN for NaNoRenO 2015.
ImageImage

My Website, which lists my visual novels.
Become a patron on my Patreon!

Vixianna
Projects: TMNT: Shadow of the Dragon
Organization: Cosmic Pirate Productions
Tumblr: Vixianna
Deviantart: Balshumet
Soundcloud: The​TMNTMusicians

#28 Post by Vixianna »

How did I fare in 2014?
Pretty well I'd say. I didn't get everything I wanted done, but I definitely got a huge chunk of it finished. I'm still missing some members for my Dating Sim, but filling 15 out of 21 positions is pretty solid. We also are only missing some artists, but we have enough to get started in production. So we aren't too hard out.

How's 2015 Looking?
Absolutely fantastic, the demo for TMNT: Love is a Battlefield is coming out this August. Everything is currently on track, with the Closed Beta in January of next year. With production starting, we'll finally have something to show for the entire year we spent in Pre-Development. It was beginning to feel like pre-dev hell. :p

That being said, we could still use six artists on the team before I'm fully comfortable calling the team complete. So the recruiting effort isn't quite done yet. Crossing my fingers that we get some people in the next couple of weeks and get everything into high gear.

Barzini
Regular
Projects: Seat of Power, Our Final Moments, A More Beautiful World, Forgotten, Not Lost
Organization: Afterthought Studios
Tumblr: letsafterthoughtstudios

#29 Post by Barzini »

Working on this visual novel set in the Second World War...
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=29718

Also working on a side project that is a good work-in-progress...
Founder of Afterthought Studios

Working on:
A More Beautiful World
Forgotten, Not Lost
Our Final Moments
Seat of Power

Barzini
Regular
Projects: Seat of Power, Our Final Moments, A More Beautiful World, Forgotten, Not Lost
Organization: Afterthought Studios
Tumblr: letsafterthoughtstudios

#30 Post by Barzini »

Working on this visual novel set in the Second World War...
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=29718

Also working on a side project that is a good work-in-progress...
Founder of Afterthought Studios

Working on:
A More Beautiful World
Forgotten, Not Lost
Our Final Moments
Seat of Power