NaNoRenO 2008

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

NaNoRenO 2008

#1 Post by mikey »

Here is a simple commitment (and a New Year's resolution in practice) from my side: If NaNoRenO 2008 takes place, I will definitely participate.

Anyway, a bit egoistically, I'm not volunteering to organize this, but I hope someone will - this isn't really a formal thing I imagine - what counts are the people who agree to the "make a game in 1 month" rule, a forum thread and you have a NaNoRenO.

So whoever will officially be the NaNoRenO person, you can count me in this year. I'd be happy to have the task of making a game.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: NaNoRenO 2008

#2 Post by monele »

Looks like a Nanoreno thread to me ;p. It's just a matter of deciding the month now :)

Ren

#3 Post by Ren »

Mmmmh, either March or July?Those seem to be the most active months for Renpy games' creation.

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#4 Post by F.I.A »

The problem with NaNoRenO is that it is always at the between of March and April, which will be the examination months for me.

So, unless that is changed, I doubt I can enter, though I have some shorties on stock...
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#5 Post by mikey »

As for me, I was kind of counting with March... it's been like that for 3 years, so it's already a tradition in my opinion. It's never going to be perfect anyway - last year I was on a long vacation in March, but this year March is good for me again.

Jake
Support Hero

#6 Post by Jake »

I was certainly expecting to do something for NaNo this year. The 'something' depending on whether or not Fice wants to collaborate again, really... I have a couple of vague ideas floating around that I could do then, or could do later.

I'd be up for March again, for that matter - it's a good kind of time, usually, for me. Too much sooner and I won't have time to finish other stuff before then, too much later and I'll have run through (or out of steam on) the ideas I've got floating around anyway.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#7 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by DaFool »

Same here. I may be working on projects, but none specifically for Nanoreno.

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#9 Post by Hime »

March has always been one of the most exam-full months for me... ^^; Plus I have enough work with Tera to Mura to Wasuremono and the Rena project for now.

Mr. E
Regular

#10 Post by Mr. E »

I'll try to complete my game until the 31st of March, due to many reasons, not the least my little trip. So I guess you could count it as an IntRenAiMo entry. :D

herenvardo
Veteran

#11 Post by herenvardo »

Suggestion: LateRenO. The idea: make the game in one month, like in NaNoRenO, but you chose the month. It's that simple: if you want to experience the challenge of the 1 game = 1 month deadline, don't let the fact of being unavailable on that month to stop you. As long as you don't cheat and really do it on a single month, it's the same merit.

- Is there an IntReNaiMo entry being developed that has been anounced with a fake date? - Nah, why should be somebody lie about that? - Maybe for the surprise? - Nop, the real surprise is the entry of a side, unanounced project. - How do you know? - Same as you, we are different personalities of the crazy who's doing that. The voices fade away from my mind, while they continue speaking, and hoping no one will spoil this out and ruin the surprise... really, please, if you see this don't spoil out ^^.

Oh, almost forgot: I've a surprise for you ^^
Gotcha! I bet you thought I was putting a "hidden" entry here, didn't you? :P Please, this is not that hard to sopt :P
I have failed to meet my deadlines so many times I'm not announcing my projects anymore. Whatever I'm working on, it'll be released when it is ready :P

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#12 Post by rioka »

March is good for me. I was planning on finishing
Blind Love
that month regardless of whether NaNoRenO took place or not.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by musical74 »

re eclipse: YAY!!!! *does little dance, stopping when everyone looks at him strangely*

I won't participate this year - see General Discussion as for why - but it looks like a good group again =) *cheering everyone on*
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Hyperguy
Regular
Projects: H.EXEC

#14 Post by Hyperguy »

So what months are people available for Nanoreno?

herenvardo
Veteran

#15 Post by herenvardo »

Hyperguy wrote:So what months are people available for Nanoreno?
January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, and December. With roughly a thousand members registered on the forums, I'm quite sure you could find people available for each month.

Besides that completelly useless comment, I would like to tell you all a story:
A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away (actually, it was just two years ago, in these very forums), an eager programmer engaged into the NaNoRenO '06 challenge. Unfortunatelly, for several reasons that I had explained before and would be off-topic here, the project for that entry, Fall of Jayshn, couldn't be completed in time; and was finally dropped by the middle of may, 2006.
Years later, in the distant planet Tatooine... I mean... (sorry, I spend last night watching the old trilogy, non-stop :P) A few weeks ago I suddenly decided to re-pick the project. Don't ask me why, because I'm not really sure; but it was decided. In less than 20 minutes of conversation, I had the original graphic artist rejoining; and last evening I was able to finally contact with the only musician I'd allow to compose the tracks for this game (my bro). So, after re-uniting the original team, time has come to sneak out of the shadows, stop leaving subliminal messages in small, white text, and make an official anouncement.
It can't be a NaNoRenO project anymore, as it has taken far more than a month; but the original spirit is still there, and the project is advancing at a good pace, so we're aiming anyway the March 31 deadline. Consider this an official IntRenAiMo '08 entry!
Here's some trivia about the game:
Project title: Tales of War - The Fall of Jayshn
Aimed release date: March 31, 2008
Classification: Ren'ai RPG (I'm considering making combat optional, most probably via an "insta-kill" cheat code, but I promise nothing about it yet).
Setting: A small region of country called Niaps, in a plain fantasy world. I know there is some people around here who don't like fantasy-RPGs at all (like the one who started this thread?); but I can't help it: I love them!
Endings: Besides the silly endings (ie: You drop your sword when trying to attack the creature, and hurt yourself. Two days later, you die due to the infected wound.), the game will feature, at least, 3 BxG paths and 3 GxB paths. If time allows, there are some plans to increase the numbers up to 9 BxG, 9 GxB, 6 BxB, and 6 GxG, for a total of 30 different paths. If time doesn't, the "expanded" version would be released later anyway :P.
Game length: Something between 20 and 40 minutes if skipping the combats, or 2 to 3 hours if fighting them (these numbers are per-path); so more than 12 hours to complete all paths fighting the combats.
Playable characters: 6 in total: 3 girls and 3 guys.
Conquistable characters: For each game, anyone of the 5 you are not playing (hence the high number of endings).
Brief intro: As far as you can remember, you've been having a quiet life in the also quite village of Anolecrab, somwhere in the quiet plains of the even more quiet country of Niaps... you even envy the fate of your parents, who were called to a war front some years ago, and were reported "lost in action" a few months later... but the boredom of Anolecrab's quietness becomes suddenly broken when a holy relic is stolen from the village's temple. For some reason that not even the High Priest of the town knows, Gaiea, Goddess of Life and Love, has choosen you to recover it. As if it weren't enough for a single day in Anolecrab's never-changing routine, the same night the object disappeared some people in the town went missing.
Art preview: Not yet :P However, I'm going to offer you something special (maybe someone has done this before, but I don't know of anyone who has): the artist is now working on the backgrounds, and has to begin yet with character art. I'll ask him to register in the LSF and post the first piece of character art he would submit me here instead. In other words, you'll be able to see that piece as soon, or even before, as me!
Additional trivia: Has somebody noticed that "Anolecrab" is actually "Barcelona" reversed?
I have failed to meet my deadlines so many times I'm not announcing my projects anymore. Whatever I'm working on, it'll be released when it is ready :P