12 Ad-free Filehosting Services [brief terms]

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Alte
The Great Organizer
Github: nualte
itch: alte

12 Ad-free Filehosting Services [brief terms]

#1 Post by Alte »

These services don't use ads on their sites from what I can see, if it helps improve downloading comfortably, I guess this small list serve the purpose well.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Archive.org

"The Internet Archive is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that was founded to build an Internet library. Its purposes include offering permanent access for researchers, historians, scholars, people with disabilities, and the general public to historical collections that exist in digital format." - About

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bajoo

5 GB free.

The lock box for your backups and document sharing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Box
Free storage up to 10GB secure storage with 250 MB file upload size.

Bandwidth limit
10GB monthly for Lite 10GB accounts (or any free account with this tariff).
- The Box bandwidth limit is reset on the first day of each month.

CloudMe
3 GB free with 150 MB file upload size.

Primarily focused on media files, synchronization and backup with web sharing.

Dropbox
Free storage up to 5GB.

Traffic limits
Links are automatically banned if they generate unusually large amounts of traffic.
Dropbox Basic (free) accounts:

- The total amount of traffic that all of your links together can generate without getting banned is 20 GB per day.
- The total number of downloads that all of your links together can generate is 100,000 downloads per day.

ElephantDrive

2 GB free.

Google Drive
Free storage up to 15GB.

Limits on sharing
- Only 50 people can edit a document, spreadsheet, presentation, or drawing at the same time.
- A single Google document, file, or folder can only be shared with 200 email addresses including viewers, commenters, and editors (doesn't apply to public items).

Infinit
"Any file. Any size. Any type.
Sharing big data is now easy."

Unlimited storage size.

For more questions, see the Faqs.

Unlimited and encrypted peer to peer file sharing application with pause and resume.

Spideroak

2 GB free.

Does SpiderOak have bandwidth limits when accessing data?

No. We will never impose limits on bandwidth when accessing your data. You can store and access and share as much of your data as you wish.

Syncplicity

10 GB free. (Personal edition which is free)

Unlimited file size and no bandwidth restrictions.

tresorit

3 GB free.

Maximum file size: 0.5GB (free)

An alternative to Dropbox with high security and no traffic or bandwidth limit.

Yandex Disk

Starter: 10 GB Free.

The maximum file size on Disk is 10 GB.

To upload files larger than 2 GB, use the “Yandex.Disk” application (for Windows or for Mac OS) or the WebDAV client. Browsers cannot handle such large files.
Last edited by Alte on Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ren'Py Cookbook Directory

I'm not affiliated with Ren'Py/ itch.io/ Steam/ etc.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: 7 Ad-free Filehosting Services [brief terms]

#2 Post by PyTom »

Can you add archive.org to this - and get rid of the services where the file expires? We don't want people hosting their games on a place where files can expire.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Alte
The Great Organizer

Re: 7 Ad-free Filehosting Services [brief terms]

#3 Post by Alte »

PyTom wrote:Can you add archive.org to this - and get rid of the services where the file expires? We don't want people hosting their games on a place where files can expire.
Of course, nice suggestions.

darkrchaos
Regular
Completed: A Few
Projects: Moe Wars: Crimson Samon
Deviantart: darkrchaos

Re: 6 Ad-free Filehosting Services [brief terms]

#4 Post by darkrchaos »

Thanks for the list :D

Alte
The Great Organizer

Mediafire free account condition

#5 Post by Alte »

I think this detail is worth a reminder for free account users for Mediafire.

How long will my uploaded files be stored?

MediaFire is a Cloud Storage provider.

There isn’t a time limit on how long files will be stored, but MediaFire Free accounts holders 'must log in at least once a year to protect their accounts from deletion.'

Two email notifications will be sent over a span of five days prior to removing files from our servers because of account inactivity. When files are deleted due to inactivity, they will be deleted from all servers and cannot be retrieved.

For further information, please review our Data Retention Policy at http://www.mediafire.com/policies/data_retention.php.

Note: I won't rely on it as a primary file host if I plan to be an inactive user for a project of few. I should be able to control how long I want the file to remain accessible regardless of being active or not.