Non-Anime art styles

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: Non-Anime art styles

#16 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Chocopyro wrote:Now could someone please explain to me what Voltage is? I'm not to savvy with the otome vocabulary.
I've not played any of its products, but Voltage is a company that has produced several romance games.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Rosstin
Veteran
Completed: Rex Rocket, Kitty Love, King's Ascent
Projects: Road Redemption, Queen At Arms
Organization: Aqualuft Games

#17 Post by Rosstin »

I think that we're probably going to take a page from MoaCube and go non-anime for our next OEVN.

Chocopyro
Regular
Projects: Keepsake: Orison of the falling leaves
Organization: Patchwork Novels

#18 Post by Chocopyro »

Mad Harlequin wrote:I've not played any of its products, but Voltage is a company that has produced several romance games.
Thanks. I've been wondering that for a while now. :lol:

Catalyst Edge Gaming
Regular
Completed: Deep Freeze Cafe
Projects: Junkyard
Tumblr: catalystedge

#19 Post by Catalyst Edge Gaming »

PiyoPiyo wrote:
Anne wrote:There was a poll recently on English Otome Games asking the same question http://www.englishotomegames.net/polls (~70% / 1295 votes for anime style, 2% / 33 votes for non-anime)
That's super helpful. Thank you.

And yeah. Voltage is pretty sub-par all around. That was one of the reasons I wanted to make a good English, Otome mobile game. Tired of teaching dudes how to cook for themselves.

I was originally gong to say that I think it's a stylistic choice and edging out of strictly anime style for visual novels might be a refreshing think to do and a way to start introducing a new style to visual novels so that people don't feel like it 'has' to be anime style...

Then I read the tired of teaching guys how to cook part and I laughed so hard I nearly spit out my drink XD
First Finished game! Deep Freeze Cafe.

You can buy it here

And of course there's something new in the works. More details will be released on tumblr as the project get's further along~
http://catalystedge.tumblr.com/