Which ceased/abandoned game do you want finished?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Tortie
Projects: Kingyo Bachelor

Which ceased/abandoned game do you want finished?

#1 Post by Tortie »

Just curious! Any games you've seen cease in their grown that make you go "nooooooo! FINISH ITTTT!!!"?

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

Re: Which ceased/abandoned game do you want finished?

#2 Post by Caveat Lector »

A few, but I also keep in mind that stuff happens.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#3 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Caveat Lector wrote:A few, but I also keep in mind that stuff happens.
Yeah, same here. I don't really want to name names, though. There are several reasons why development stalls, and I don't think it's fair to openly speculate about specific projects. ("Why is X not finished? Oh, Y happened to Z.")
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#4 Post by Donmai »

No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Tortie
Projects: Kingyo Bachelor

#5 Post by Tortie »

Mad Harlequin wrote:
Caveat Lector wrote:A few, but I also keep in mind that stuff happens.
Yeah, same here. I don't really want to name names, though. There are several reasons why development stalls, and I don't think it's fair to openly speculate about specific projects. ("Why is X not finished? Oh, Y happened to Z.")
I'm not condoning projects or their creators, I was just thinking of those projects that you look at now and are like "man, that would have been cool if it was finished!" :)

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#6 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Tortie wrote:I'm not condoning projects or their creators, I was just thinking of those projects that you look at now and are like "man, that would have been cool if it was finished!" :)
I assume the word you're looking for is condemning. Anyway, I know that's not your intention, but I've seen this sort of thing happen too many times. It starts off well enough, but I know I wouldn't want to make someone feel bad for not progressing with a project. So I'm always a little cautious about "Whatever happened to . . . ?" threads.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

YossarianIII
Veteran
Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta
Projects: Solidarity Forever
Organization: KONOL Games

#7 Post by YossarianIII »

Beyond Good & Evil 2.

I'm sorry, Michel Ancel, if you are secretly a member of this board, but you are currently in a race with Valve's Half-Life team to become the developer of "this generation's Duke Nukem Forever," and I don't think that's a race you want to lose.

But I'll wait! In the words of Miyamoto, "A delayed game is eventually good; a bad game is bad forever."

Image Image

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#8 Post by Godline »

I think what these threads teach me, is how amazingly hard work it is to actually FINISH a project.
And therefore I think we should go into the completed games section and just tell people how awesome they are for getting it done. Because a LOT of people haven't.

There are a lot of ones I see that haven't been touched for 5 years onwards that I think WHHHHYYYY? At least why not let someone else pick it up and finish it.

But some are of the opinion if it's not done well, don't do it at all. I'm not. That's the way nothing gets done. :)

Cith
Regular

#9 Post by Cith »

Godline wrote: But some are of the opinion if it's not done well, don't do it at all. That's the way nothing gets done. :)
I've been guilty of that :(