Developing question...sort of.

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Trinity Riot
Regular
Location: Somewhere between New York City... and New York City.

Developing question...sort of.

#1 Post by Trinity Riot »

What's the best way to learn C++ and other computer programming languages, classes, books, or online? I'm real interested, and I hope your comments help. Thanks!

BlackSpider
Regular

#2 Post by BlackSpider »

I don't really know what's the best way to learn C++. I can only tell you how I learned it. I downloaded a C tutorial in 1998. It took me 30 days (3-4 hours per day) to digest all new features. It was somehow easier for me because at the time I already had some assembly programming knowledge. Then, at the beginning of 1999 I started to read a C++ tutorial. Though I never finished it ;). After reading half of that stuff, I got bored :). I thought I had enough knowledge already and started to write simple C/C++ programs. LOL, I still remember how proud I was after modifying a simple helo word program, makeing it display some other text :).

Anyway if you feel like you could go all the way learning yourself, then do it. But I'd rather suggest taking some programming classes. There's nothing better than competition, exams and deadlines. After all we're only humans.

KOE
Regular

#3 Post by KOE »

I suggest you take classes, and read books. You should also practice writting programs (which is the best way I think).