Summer Novel Festival Discussion Thread [Jul - Aug Gamejam]

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
CaptainSecretFire

Re: Summer Novel Festival Discussion Thread [Jul - Aug Gamej

#31 Post by CaptainSecretFire »

I'll be participating! With my small team, currently artistless but I'm sure something will come along :) Looking forward to it, first game jam! I'm very glad it's still going ahead.

Laniessa
Veteran
Completed: CDC, Cerulean, WBW, Helena's Flowers
Projects: Chomp Chomp, WaV
Tumblr: adirosa
Deviantart: adirosa

#32 Post by Laniessa »

SuNoFes officially begins in 30 minutes! Let's all make wonderful games and stories together!

@CaptainSecretFire: I'm glad! Good luck, you'll probably find an artist easier if you have most of the writing and coding done, we like to be sure that our work will be displayed. Placeholder-wise, I've put up character and bg assets here and here, and there's plenty others in the Creative Commons forums!

paradigmshifty
Regular
Completed: New Pisces, For Ambergris, Void Id, Connection Pools, Apartment Complex, LIFEPLUS+ and more
Deviantart: paradigmshifty
Soundcloud: sleepyagents
itch: sleepyagents

#33 Post by paradigmshifty »

Just wanted to say I'm joining SuNoFes - very much looking forward to it.
I'll hopefully make a WiP thread in the next couple of days. Should we all put our WiP threads into the new subforum for short/jam games?
current project - Departure Lounge
past projects at sleepyagents.itch.io <3 website/blog at http://www.sleepyagents.co.uk <3 collabs etc. listed at projects.sleepyagents.co.uk/all/ <3
Honest Critique

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#34 Post by sasquatchii »

paradigmshifty wrote:Just wanted to say I'm joining SuNoFes - very much looking forward to it.
I'll hopefully make a WiP thread in the next couple of days. Should we all put our WiP threads into the new subforum for short/jam games?
YAAAY Paradigmshifty!! One of us! One of us :D

I would *love* a WiP thread, right now i've just been lazily throwing stuff up on twitter.I kinda feel like A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread might be undeserving of its own WiP thread, mostly because 1) It is a VERY silly game designed to make people laugh 2) It's also extremely short.

It might be cool to have an entire thread for all of the games progress for SuNoFes, where we could all just post updates to that same thread (not sure if that is against the forum rules or not, but if anyone else likes this idea I could reach out to PyTom or Taleweaver and ask)!
ImageImage

Laniessa
Veteran

#35 Post by Laniessa »

Ah, I don't think it'll be an issue to post updates here! It is the discussion thread, after all. (If you want to confirm though, I wouldn't object!)

My team might throw up a thread in the new section once we have more assets, though!

Aaaand, it has officially begun! I'll try to post some organized updates for my team starting soon.

Mad_Scientist
Regular
Completed: Bipedal Bunny From The Moon With A Machine Gun And Helicopter Backpack Dating Sim
Projects: Summer in Trigue, Darling Shoujo Imoutohotep, The Five Figures, Unseen

#36 Post by Mad_Scientist »

Quick question, you mention a focus on interactive fiction and visual novels. I have an idea for a short kinetic novel that's been bouncing around in my head, and was thinking of trying to complete it for this. Is that okay? Also, it would be pretty short.
Check out the demo of Darling Shoujo Imoutohotep, my mummy VN. Cause haven't you always wanted to play a Pharaoh in love with his mummy little sister? Oh, you haven't always wanted that? Uh... well... if you check it out anyways, I'll be happy. (Cannot guarantee your happiness though).
You can follow me on twitter at:
@MadNovelist212 My "official" account, follow for updates.
@MadScientist212 My personal account. Beware, I tend to babble.

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#37 Post by Laiska »

Mad_Scientist wrote:Quick question, you mention a focus on interactive fiction and visual novels. I have an idea for a short kinetic novel that's been bouncing around in my head, and was thinking of trying to complete it for this. Is that okay? Also, it would be pretty short.
I'd say that's okay! A kinetic novel still counts as a VN, and because it's something you click through I'd say that still makes it "interactive." It's just a relaxed summertime VN jam.

annpan
Regular
Projects: Death Pledge -Wish of Blood-
Organization: Broken Wisteria or Qian.
Tumblr: waterlilyvn

#38 Post by annpan »

Nice, I think my demo/beta release is lining up with SuNoFes timetable. If I get it done, I'll be submitting there.

Laniessa
Veteran

#39 Post by Laniessa »

@Mad_Scientist: I consider kinetic novels a form of visual novels, so it's absolutely fine.

@annpan: Good luck, I'll be looking forward to it!

Saitoki1582
Regular
Completed: Fluff Hood's Adventure, The Halloween Night
Projects: Mechanoid

#40 Post by Saitoki1582 »

Nice, finished with my exam so I can now join this! I actually needed a deadline to keep myself motivated ^^, hopefully a demo can be out out by the end of SuNoFes,

Laniessa
Veteran

#41 Post by Laniessa »

Saitoki1582 wrote:Nice, finished with my exam so I can now join this! I actually needed a deadline to keep myself motivated ^^, hopefully a demo can be out out by the end of SuNoFes,
Your project looks beautiful, good luck! I'll be looking forward to it.

Willowen
Projects: Oh My Deer
Organization: Endless Production
Tumblr: Endless-Production
Deviantart: Willowen

#42 Post by Willowen »

Wow, this sounds like a lot of fun. I'll be joining in and try to finish my VN by that time. I'm so excited! \(*´∀`*)/
Last edited by Willowen on Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Working on

Laniessa
Veteran

#43 Post by Laniessa »

Willowen wrote:Wow, this sounds like a lot of fun. I'll be joining in and try to finish my VN by that time. I'm so excited! \(*´∀`*)/
Good luck! Your game looks and sounds like fun, I'll definitely play it when it's released!

SeventhStranger
Regular

#44 Post by SeventhStranger »

Yeesh.. I'm starting to feel as if I'm behind where I wanted to be at this stage. My project submission may end up being a "Chapter One" sort of deal, which I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do. BUT there's still time, something miraculous could happen :)

annpan
Regular
Projects: Death Pledge -Wish of Blood-
Organization: Broken Wisteria or Qian.
Tumblr: waterlilyvn

#45 Post by annpan »

SeventhStranger wrote:Yeesh.. I'm starting to feel as if I'm behind where I wanted to be at this stage. My project submission may end up being a "Chapter One" sort of deal, which I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do. BUT there's still time, something miraculous could happen :)
Oh do I feel you, this is the reason I don't tag SuNoFest in my development. I have hit a pause in my vn. I'm blanking on things at the moment... I want something miraculous to happen where I'm motivated to do everything for this festival but it ain't not happening because I'm turning up sick here and there...