School Buster

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

School Buster

#1 Post by LVUER » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:02 am

I have been thinking about this game for quite a long time but since I have to do my thesis which is due soon I have no time on my hand to start this project. But still I want to post this idea and have some feedback first. My first language is not English so please be patient with my "Engrish".

School Buster, it is a rank that given to anyone who manage to beat all the rank 1st in a city. Year 20XX, the world is at peace and human need other form of thrill. When all things already "technologized", martial arts become popular again. It is so popular that all schools teach their students martial arts, some schools even dedicated themselves teaching it. International Fighting Championship beats World Cup in terms of popularity.

Main Characters:
Lad Virte
A transfer student. Not much known about him. Everybody else think that he is only a normal-average boy. He has average look, so-so academic achievement, not-so-bad personality, and currently ranked 76th out of 150 students.
But when he wears a mask, he suddenly change into an arrogant-perfect-fighting-machine with astounding fighting ability, matching even a professional fighter. Not many know that he is a School Buster in his old school.
Specialty : Grappling and throwing, internal-organ damaging moves

Leen Dynamise
A living legend, Leen "the Dynamic". She is the rank 1st that achieved All-Perfect-Records for 2 years in a row. Normally she is just a kind and cheerful girl but when comes to the fights, she becomes a hideous demon that beat the craps out of anyone dare to cross path with her (and she really did).
She made an announcement to become any body girlfriend that manage to beat her in a fight.
Specialty: Long and medium range kicks

Risen Generaux General
Daughter of an extremely wealthy General Family. She is madly in love with Lad and chase him all over from his old school. An arrogant, self-confident brat but really kind deep inside her heart. Has a pet, a was-abandoned-parakeet.
Usually she doesn't show her emotion much (due to her intense training in family-business) but she is just as sassy as other normal girl. Calm and full of calculation but somewhat brutal and sadistic in a fight (she keeps pounding on downed opponent).
Specialty: Elbow and punch techniques

That's for now. More information and pictures are following.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Re: School Buster

#2 Post by sake-bento » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:46 pm

Ooh, this sounds cool. I don't mind a good fighting tournament type story once in awhile, if the characters are interesting and the action is good.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Story Update!!

#3 Post by LVUER » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:23 pm

Sorry it took so long for updates. My (self-made) tracing desk is broken so I'm going to fix it up first before start uploading the pictures.

The story revolves around Lad's efforts to find his "long" lost childhood girlfriend. A cliche, yeah I know. In the era of technology, how can someone lost in touch with another? Simple, both of them were still kids. And soon after Lad move to another town, his childhood friend's parents got divorced and so her family name is changed. To make thing worse, when it comes to memorize people's names and faces, she is completely sucks.

Now, how Lad makes her remember?

I make the atmosphere of the story to be light and funny. So don't expect any serious philosophy about fighting or life or love, or things like that (I'm just not good at it).