How is your project going (or not going)?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
SeventhStranger
Regular

Re: How is your project going (or not going)?

#31 Post by SeventhStranger »

I paused my main project I was working on to do a short Game Jam project (Until Eleven) which seems to be shaping up nicely. The issue is that I am still new to this whole thing and am doubting every little thing I do. Since I haven't released a finished game to the public before, I have no idea if anyone will like anything I do, so I'm going through the usual self-doubt phase. But I am pushing through! The whole purpose of pausing to do the Game Jam project was to force myself to get something finished so I can say that I've done it, which will hopefully give me more confidence in my bigger project.

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#32 Post by Aviala »

I'm currently working on a game jam game (Our War Everlasting) and it's going... pretty well! I have around 10 hours to finish the game and I'm dead tired because I woke up at 5:30 BUT I WILL DO IIIIT.

I still need to do the menus and the textbox, fix the script, code the whole thing and draw a couple of CG's. And find some free music. It's gonna be a loooong night. But if I finish this in time, it's gonna be really awesome! I'll have a finished game!

KuroOneHalf
Regular
Completed: Cuttlebone
Projects: Somewhere In The Shade
Deviantart: KuroOneHalf
itch: kuroonehalf

#33 Post by KuroOneHalf »

I'm currently still in the early parts of plotting my second game. I've started narrowing down on some key ideas, but there's still lots of stuff to be figured out. I find that this part of the process hasn't gotten any easier. ;u;

Quelcezot
Regular

#34 Post by Quelcezot »

I'm procrastinating constantly, but working at a steady pace. I'm working with wonderful people and I won't give up. There are not enough hours in the night, the sun is too hot.

I'm considering starting up a small new project in the meantime to gather feedback on my own style, but that will be a challenge if I go ahead with it as I have no developed creative skills outside of writing.
LOVE & PEACE

If two people talk long enough they can explain how they feel, maybe.

Chocopyro
Regular
Projects: Keepsake: Orison of the falling leaves
Organization: Patchwork Novels

#35 Post by Chocopyro »

Well, the writing side is seeing simultaneous stagnation AND leaps forward as strange as that sounds, and the art side is actually progressing rather nicely despite two concept artists having their hands full. The expressions for my third character sprite are pending, but likely soon to arrive. (So far I'm really happy with her design. ^^ ) And I recently saw a progress update on my first two BGs. Which I'm happy to say are also coming along nicely. I have enough mapped out in the writing where I could see the span of the demo, and thankfully once I complete two more chapters in a much more detailed outline, I will know exactly what I will need as far as BGs, CGs, and Sprites to complete said demo... Should I find a demo necessary.

Meanwhile at work, they changed how PTO hours works, and I lost all mine due to a misunderstanding while I was sick, so I'm likely going to be stuck with less time to write. So I better take care care to use every moment of this 5 day week while I can. Sadly, a really annoying self proclaimed friend refuses to let me have the week all to myself for his own self-serving interests... Damn that sounded condescending on my part. ^^;

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#36 Post by Lesleigh63 »

I really enjoy reading all these, makes me happy - although I'm sorry for those who are stuck at the moment and I hope things start picking up for them soon.

Still writing - some days are better than others.

sbester
Regular
Completed: Crime Opera: The Butterfly Effect
Projects: Crime Opera II: The Floodgate Effect, Untitled Gundam Fanmade VN
Organization: Crime Opera Studios

#37 Post by sbester »

5 chapters out of 24 completed for Mafiosi 3. I'm really looking forward to ending the first trilogy, and excited because this is the story I've really wanted to tell since its inception. It's also looking to be the longest entry so far, and slated to be twice the length of the first novel (aiming for 120,000+ words). Over the next couple days I'll be writing the 6th chapter, and the first demo will be ready for release!

Elmvine
Regular
itch: elmvine

#38 Post by Elmvine »

It seems not a good start aha. Did a couple of character designs concepts, only to wake up and find the files crashed and erased themselves?

Chocopyro
Regular
Projects: Keepsake: Orison of the falling leaves
Organization: Patchwork Novels

#39 Post by Chocopyro »

Poor Elmvine. That sucks. I would hope that isn't a common occurrence or anything.

Elmvine
Regular
itch: elmvine

#40 Post by Elmvine »

With Paint Tool Sai... it feels like a common occurrence.
On the brightside, I've narrowed down my project goal to something that should be far more achievable by just creating the prologue for now. ^^ Also writing seems to be coming along nicely <3 I'll need to refresh my python knowledge tomorrow though.

Veteran
Completed: Dungeons and Don't Do It, Wake Up
Projects: Lethe
IRC Nick: Pacermist

#41 Post by 78909087 »

I know the feeling Elmvine. Got tonnes of things from cc, and was working on a studio bg on my own since I couldn't find anything.
Spent about 6 hours on it, and my heater short-circuited the power-board. Lost the entire picture including references. I'm not even good at art so I was disappointing to the max to see all my effort go to hell.

Other than that, my script is going fairly well. I've got some writer's block, but I'm feeling good about things. The game has been set to be voiced, and out of the screens, I've coded all but one menu.
I am not friends with the sun.

Myra
Regular

#42 Post by Myra »

I know the feeling, I have a lot of brainstorming done. I've started to learn python to help with programming in renpy - (though it does do a lot for you if you keep things basic I've realized.)

I have some basic artwork done but will still need to clean it up a lot and make extra expressions/motions for different 'emotions'.

Trying to figure out how to photo-manipulate some free pics into backgrounds.

Have a few websites in mind to search for free music.

Feels like I jump around too much but I have a hard time focusing on one thing. Still, further than a month ago when I didn't know how to properly code if and else (and elif) statements. It feels very slow going working on a VN but fun at the same time...