So, I'm a programming n00b...

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Lee-chan

So, I'm a programming n00b...

#1 Post by Lee-chan »

Hey, all. I've been toying with the idea of making a ren'ai game for a while, and have a few ideas in my head. I've decided to attempt the idea I have for a "visual-novel" type game first, figuring it woudl be easier both creatively and technically.

So, I've got all the artistic stuff in mind; the story, the characters... stuff like that... but I'm hesitant to start actually doing stuff (i.e. write a script, etc.) until I have an idea of how the technical aspects would work. I am completely clueless on that end; I only know HTML and a teeny, tiny bit of JavaScript.

Well...

I feel a little uneasy about drafting a programmer at this point, and was wondering if there was some program that wasn't too difficult to learn that you guys could reccomend. The game's going to be on the visual novel side, so I don't need anything too demanding.

Or maybe some programmer would be willing to lend me some council...? I don't know. As I said, I don't know anything about programming, so I'm open to a lot of things right now.

Thanks in advance!
~ Lee

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

Re: So, I'm a programming n00b...

#2 Post by mikey »

Lee-chan wrote:I feel a little uneasy about drafting a programmer at this point, and was wondering if there was some program that wasn't too difficult to learn that you guys could reccomend. The game's going to be on the visual novel side, so I don't need anything too demanding.
Well, we like to say "it's dark under the candle", just check out the Ren'Py section and visit http://www.bishoujo.us/renpy

Good luck!!