How to get testers?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
YossarianIII
Veteran
Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta
Projects: Solidarity Forever
Organization: KONOL Games

Re: How to get testers?

#16 Post by YossarianIII »

Ozitiho wrote: I'd say for commercial project you can also get free testers, depending on the stage of completion. To me personally, it seems backwards to pay someone to merely play your game for free (that otherwise would cost money) and only have them tell you if they liked it. But as it was pointed out, and I just learned, there's a difference between proofreading and testing. Proofreading you should pay for regardless of commercial or free, because it's a ton of effort.
trooper6 wrote:I think you can always ask, commercial or non-commercial, and see if anyone is interested in testing the game for free (well...I'd say also for their name in the credits as tester). See if you get any takers. If you don't get any takers? Then you might need to offer money.
Cool, makes sense to me.

(Also, I'd agree that including tester names in the credits, paid or unpaid, sounds like a good idea as a courtesy for the effort. I'll have to remember that...)

Image Image