Need help deciding which of these two titles are better

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Gambit74
Regular

Need help deciding which of these two titles are better

#1 Post by Gambit74 »

Okay, so for my project I came up with these two titles: A Bizarre Summer Season, and A Bizarre Summer Vacation. The subtitle is 'When the Owls Sing'.

Here's a summary of what my project is about:
Oliver, the protagonist, is a university student who is currently on Summer break. He decides to use the break as an opportunity to go stay with his uncle, who lives in a small forest town, for the Summer so that he can do some research for a mystery novel that he's been writing off and on. Upon his arrival there, he learns from his uncle that several children from the area has recently gone missing, and that he should be careful when he's out gathering data because the town residents won't take kindly to outsiders during this time.

During his stay in town, Oliver learns from several locals that there's a strong belief among many of the town residents that you'll be cursed if you encounter an owl in broad daylight and it cries. He later learns that the reason for this strong belief is because there had been many victims in the past, and they all claimed that the incidents happened shortly after their encounter with some owls; some occurring in the morning while others in the early afternoons. Figuring the whole thing would make for a good mystery thriller plot, Oliver decides to look into the the past incidents and the recent disappearance of the children so that he can write about it and turn his novel into a Best Seller. The story then branches into two different scenarios, where Oliver can choose to either believe in the curse or he can choose to prove it as a conspiracy. Both scenarios will lead him into a series of strange events that will forever change his life.
So which of the two titles do you guys think would sound better for this project?
Nothing to see here, folks. For now, anyway...

pocari

Re: Need help deciding which of these two titles are better

#2 Post by pocari »

The 'Vacation' one!

Marygold

#3 Post by Marygold »

The "Vacation" one sounds better generally. I'd pick the latter.

Jate
Regular
Deviantart: Jate8D

#4 Post by Jate »

+1 for Vacation.

Darkmoonfire
Regular
Completed: Christmas Project
Organization: Lunarescent Wings
Tumblr: darkmoonfire

#5 Post by Darkmoonfire »

I actually prefer the season title. Vacation sounds cheerful and bouncy to me, while season sounds more subdued and mysterious, which imo matches the plot blurb better.

Ozitiho
Regular

#6 Post by Ozitiho »

Seconding Darkmoonfire. Vacation is tightly bound to positive emotions, so it doesn't fit the intriguing plot.

vigaman

#7 Post by vigaman »

Gambit74 wrote:Okay, so for my project I came up with these two titles: A Bizarre Summer Season, and A Bizarre Summer Vacation. The subtitle is 'When the Owls Sing'.

So which of the two titles do you guys think would sound better for this project?
I like the title "A Bizarre Summer Vacation". The former seems to vague and general, whereas the latter gives some context that can go either way.