2 idea of mine

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Mr.Frost

2 idea of mine

#1 Post by Mr.Frost »

Well i am kind of new around here. But i am full of idea ,i am more of story teller more than anything (i am lame at other state of game conception), But i got 2 idea and please what you think about it.

First one : Ceres Center

The year is 2105 the world is now unifed throught the united earth confederacy. But the main progress is human evolution... For more than 30 years psychic have appear all over the world with power as diverse as pyrokinesis, telekinesis, telepathy and many more.

You are one young psychic with telekinetic ability, so you must go to the ceres center To learn how to control those ability. The center is situate on the moon colony so you have to settle down away from your family and start to live on your own. At center you begin the long psychic training you need to control your power.

Second one : tokyo hitman

In the modern japan, you are probably one of the best hitman there is you are able to kill most your target in one shot even if there meters aways. You just got a new contract (a really paying one if i must had) from the local Yakuza gang. They want you to take away one of the biggest anti-gang judge in Japan. Know have survive nearly all his assasination attemp because of his top-grade security around him. But you just receive the assistance from a another hitman and you two devise a plan to infiltrate the judge entourage and to finally kill him.
to feel a dead heart betting again is the worst sensation you can feel in your life.

Tage
Regular

#2 Post by Tage »

Welcome to the forum! I am new too. P=

They both sound like good starters to me...but I am less than an amateur at storywriting...I would play a game like that though, it sounds interesting... The next step, or perhaps it was the first step, but what kind of game would you want these stories to be in? I doubt you're making them into renai games... Possibly just make them into visual novels I'm guessing? Then you need to figure out at least two endings, lol. I have to say the first story intrigues me more though. n.n

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#3 Post by mikey »

The main problem always is the fact, that people tend to decide on the story first and on presentation (what kind of game it will be) second. This can greatly slow down the making of your game. My suggestion is:

1. decide what kind of game it will be (length, endings, how many characters)
2. then, decide what media you are going to use (e.g. photograps as background, free MIDI as music, hand-drawn and scanned characters etc..)
3. next, decide on the kind of engine (Ren'Py, other game-maker, your own engine...)
4. And NOW you can start writing your story.

The point is to first know the technology and decide on that and think of a story to fit it afterwards. Of course, having an outline is fine, although personally I think, for a first project Ceres Center is a little too wide in scope. Tokyo Hitman would be IMO a better suited idea, since you can probably make this into a simple game more easily (making a simple game as your 1st project is proven and works :wink: )

Good luck!

BlackSpider
Regular

#4 Post by BlackSpider »

Doesn't look too much ren'ai to me at first glance. But those are only game ideas. The implementation may be very ren'ai indeed :). I'd definitely enjoy to play the Ceres Center game.

Mr.Frost

#5 Post by Mr.Frost »

ok here a little bit more "elaboration" on my view on how the story tokyo hitman (Since ceres center is more "interactive" with a much more down to earth story). I see it much more as interactive novel more than anything You have one major objective wich his to kill the judge and get the money on his hea(but it is a little bit more complex than it sound and you can do other thing, (in other word get the girl). But there is many way to get him and the they all arrive to various consequence. (You can try to infiltrate is entourage, Work for him or trap him by kidpanning his daugther among the idea i had) and they all lead to the usual multi ending. The story would be a mid-range leight. It would be in dark-tone with a twist of humour. BUt the thing is i would need someone for the technical and artistic work as i told before i am no-good at that.

Also i have thought a whole set of ending.
to feel a dead heart betting again is the worst sensation you can feel in your life.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by mikey »

Seems reasonable. I would suggest you go on with development, use photographs as background (well, it worked in Phantom of Inferno, so why not?) and do whatever you can. And when you'll have the game done and all you will miss will be the characters, just ask some of the people here, they'd be glad to help I'm sure. But you must have everything else done by the time you ask.

When I need placeholders for characters, I usually go to my club page (manga.sk) and use some of the fan-art as temporary art. I do have a regular artist, but if I ever was in need, the people who draw fan-art would normally not be against my using it in a game. So that's also an option.

Mr.Frost

#7 Post by Mr.Frost »

ok here a little addition to the specification (kinda a early premis of the story)

You (Player) woke up one day in your appartement to later find out that it was the phone who woke you up. You pick it up and discover that it one of your're many "client" namely yakuza boss. He said to you that he will give you 800 millions yen. IF you take out this one target : the Judge Kazuo. None of 20th hitman that was send to kill him comeback. For two reason his home is forteress and the second he never get out of his home (he even do his judgement at his home by using video). But you're among the best there is and you're ego is too big (and you're fear of getting kill by the yakuza too ) to refuse. But just after you quit the phone. Someone ring at you're door. Here come the first lady of the game...

Othoma Mai

Profession : hitman for the yakuza
hobby : martial (various black belt) kendo,killing people for money and to knowing people to use them later
Hair : BLack with some part red
comment :
some bad tongue say she is mentally pertubated since she have no guilt into killing

Mai was sent by the boss to help you kill the judge (and to have half your money) She have HUGE contact network, So she have info like the map of the judge house. Personal info, how to get in. After many day of planning2 plan get into your way.

infiltratre his entourage

Start working for him can only get only get him closer. But it shall need preparation from the inside and who know what might happen. You can either start to work for him as a butler

kidnap one of his daugter

The Judge have two daughter...

Kazuo Mio

Profession : Daddy girl
hobby : reading
Hair : Brown
Comment : Ever since her older sister decided to live a life of fun and party. She decided to be the brain of the familly,but there is something fishy.

Kazuo Ryoko

Proffession : none (but got rich by putting money in pharmateutical compagny)
hobby : PARTY!!!!!!
Hair : purple on the outside and pink in the inside (i know it weird)
comment : Have a rocky relationship with her father because she decided to spent her life in party and other "social" event rather than going to school (have barely finish high school) so he cut her most of her money. But she made a more than agreable fortune with medical entreprise. She his still very good friend with her sisters.

If you kidnap one the judge daughter (and get the right condition) hemight get out of his palace to bring you the ransom (you get the bet on his bet and a small bonus ;) also this story line you have to deal with the fact that you have a hostage and you to take care of it)

Ok it is pretty much everything i though for the moment Also i planned to had two more girl. For the momenet i am really Planning setting the base you know.

RedSlash
Veteran

#8 Post by RedSlash »

The stories are interesting, but it sounds more like action game than interactive fiction. Either way, you could prob combine both genres, and I think it'd be a pretty cool game.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by mikey »

I think that's a very good plot (though admittedly, I am a fan of Leon (The Professional), Noir, Phantom of Inferno and related "romantic" assassin movies/games). If I could advise you, just make it simple, so that it really gets finished (because I want to play it :D ). I think the three girls are just fine and the setting alone can yield for more than enough drama. Good luck!

Mr.Frost

#10 Post by Mr.Frost »

i told you i was going to add two more lady and here it is (they souldn't appear if you take one plot over another.)

Toyosaka Kyoko

Proffession : cop
Hobby :to get money from the mob, spend it and to receive even more money.
har : black
comment : corrupt to the heart, she wouldn't lift a finger if the Yakuza were treatening to blow up the city if they pay her well enough. Used to have a "little" relationship with the hero but quit her when she was put under investigation.

Asakura Yuka
Proffession : no one know but it really pay off well
Hair : brown and black
comment : Good friend of the Kazuo familly. Her house is near so she visit them often. Some say she spend more time at there that the one she got