New Tool - WordsEye - Worth Checking Out

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
EwanG
Miko-Class Veteran

New Tool - WordsEye - Worth Checking Out

#1 Post by EwanG »

Recently was invited to a beta of a tool I figured other VN authors might be interested in. It's called WordsEye:
https://www.wordseye.com/

Basically it allows you to define a scene, and then it will match key words and phrases to build the scene in 3d. Probably more use for building backgrounds since the characters are somewhat limited in this version, but for some uses this might be most of what you need.
Working on something... might even be something good :D

Ishvke

Re: New Tool - WordsEye - Worth Checking Out

#2 Post by Ishvke »

I haven't really looked into this yet--will do so if/once I actually get an access code--but it definitely seems interesting! :) Since the scenes are 3D, I don't know how applicable this would be for the currently more common 2D VNs, but I can definitely see this as a helpful resource.
Pronunciation: ISH-vick'kay

Nekobako
Regular
Projects: LiveLive! (NaNoRenO '15)
IRC Nick: Nekobako
Tumblr: homodachin

Re: New Tool - WordsEye - Worth Checking Out

#3 Post by Nekobako »

This is interesting alright.
Ishvke wrote:I haven't really looked into this yet--will do so if/once I actually get an access code--but it definitely seems interesting! :) Since the scenes are 3D, I don't know how applicable this would be for the currently more common 2D VNs, but I can definitely see this as a helpful resource.
2D VNs are more common, but there's no rule saying you can't use 3D :B And of course, it can always be used as a base for 2D works. I'm more concerned about the lack of precise control...but well, it's hard to say without actually trying it out.