Please help me choose a story!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Please help me choose a story!

#16 Post by LVUER »

Yay! So it's Kitten's Cry. Can't wait ^_^

Inu

#17 Post by Inu »

I thought S+S idea sounded alot like the first season of Zero no Tsukaima... Is the magical object going to be a LAW rocket? =3

AngelicCarrot
Regular

#18 Post by AngelicCarrot »

Inu wrote:I thought S+S idea sounded alot like the first season of Zero no Tsukaima... Is the magical object going to be a LAW rocket? =3
O-o? Huh...?

Nono xD; It's like... an ancient power generator thing.

I need to watch that anime... Hehe >3<
Life, Liberty and RAINBOWS OF HAPPINESS

http://angelicalchemey.deviantart.com/

AngelicCarrot
Regular

#19 Post by AngelicCarrot »

BTW, the Kitten's Cry thread has been posted in the work in progress section :3 Please take a look and tell me what you think! ^^

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#20 Post by azureXtwilight »

AngelicCarrot wrote:I'm really frustrated right now... I have so many ideas for VNs and I just can't decide on which to do first!! Here's some of the basic stories:

Kitten's Cry-

You play as a young man who discovers 3 abandoned catgirls(all with different personalities and ages) in an old house. You get to go on dates with each of them and learn their life stories, which helps you piece togehter why they were abandonded.

Gameplay- Basic VN, possibly point-based and puzzles

I like this one! It's like the game I've been developing!
Great you're making that one.
And I really wanna know how the puzzle work!

exHominem
Projects: Consuming Flesh

#21 Post by exHominem »

PyTom wrote:
(Unnamed yet)-

Your girlfriend gets in a horrible accident and is now in a life-threatening coma. While you wait for her recovery, you talk to her best friend and realize that you love her too. Now it's up to you to decide - The old love or the new love?
Reminds me a lot of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.
That's cuz he's holding it down and blithely ripping it off. I kid, I kid. Good artists borrow, great artists steal. Though I agree that the Tokyo Mew-Mew one would be best. Doujinshi are easier to make (Got your char pics right there waiting for you) and the story seems pretty interesting.
Consuming Flesh - An epic story of war, zombies, survival, love, and more zombies.

Jake
Support Hero

#22 Post by Jake »

exHominem wrote: Doujinshi are easier to make (Got your char pics right there waiting for you) and the story seems pretty interesting.
Uh... you know "doujinshi" doesn't usually just mean "taking the assets from one game and making a new game out of them", right? I think all the doujin games I've ever seen have created their own assets...

(In fact, I don't think "doujinshi" even means "based on an existing work", it just means "self-published". As in, "not published by a recognised commercial publisher". There are doujin games which are wholly original.)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

#23 Post by Asceai »

Himawari and Tsukihime are two visual novels that come to mind that happen to be both wholly original* and utterly awesome.

*okay, the former uses some free backgrounds, music and sound effects, but otherwise original =p

AngelicCarrot
Regular

#24 Post by AngelicCarrot »

exHominem wrote:
PyTom wrote:
(Unnamed yet)-

Your girlfriend gets in a horrible accident and is now in a life-threatening coma. While you wait for her recovery, you talk to her best friend and realize that you love her too. Now it's up to you to decide - The old love or the new love?
Reminds me a lot of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.
That's cuz he's holding it down and blithely ripping it off. I kid, I kid. Good artists borrow, great artists steal. Though I agree that the Tokyo Mew-Mew one would be best. Doujinshi are easier to make (Got your char pics right there waiting for you) and the story seems pretty interesting.
I'm a girl o-o