New images

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Nio
Regular
Projects: ??????

New images

#1 Post by Nio »

Some asked to see more of my stuff. So I thought you might want to see 2 new images I threw together. Nothing special.

Image 1
Image 2

... be nice. ^^

Tage
Regular

#2 Post by Tage »

:shock: *drools* :shock:

One thing though... on image 2, her left forearm looks kind of fat near the center...It doesn't seem too natural to me... But everything else is so niiiiiice... *drools again* :oops: Sorry if you didn't want any criticism, lol.

Nio
Regular

#3 Post by Nio »

Hehe, that's cool... I still have a lot to learn. :idea: I'll try to edit it when I get a chance.

Tage
Regular

#4 Post by Tage »

Me too...I'm so-so at drawing...but I have a really good eye for what things are supposed to look like, I think that's how I get by most of the time...lol...I edit a LOT...I hear erasers are other people's best friends...Well...erasers are like siblings to me, lol.

Grey
Veteran

#5 Post by Grey »

I am in envy of the lovely shading on both, and the hands and pose on the second. Her palms on the first one look a little odd though. I don't think the lumpy bits (-_-; )should stick out so much.

But overall the poses are nice and dynamic, and I am in awe of your skill :D

Jerails
Veteran

#6 Post by Jerails »

Well let's see what we've - WHOA!! *Falls over dead.*
It's been a while, folks!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#7 Post by mikey »

Jerails wrote:Well let's see what we've - WHOA!! *Falls over dead.*
Hey man! Wake up! *shakes Jerails*. What's these pictures you have in your han... *drops dead*

Grey
Veteran

#8 Post by Grey »

It's an epedemic! *quarantines topic*

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#9 Post by PyTom »

We haven't seen anything like this since 1945. (Spoiler protection added to protect our German friends. People who can't speak german should be safe from the joke's effects.)

Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja!... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.

But seriously... What is the process used to create those images? What tools do you use?
Last edited by PyTom on Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#10 Post by rioka »

Yes, yes - do tell! O_O

RedSlash
Veteran

#11 Post by RedSlash »

So innocent..... yet so.....
I mean nice job. I'll be looking forward to your game. : )

Nio
Regular

#12 Post by Nio »

Hehe... we must find a cure... KILL THE ARTIST... (crowd comes at me with fire torches).

I'm certainly not someone to aspire to, but you asked.

I've been working on my techniques for coloring on the computer since like 1994 I think. So it wasn't an overnight sorta thing. Anyway, I start by drawing it on paper (some of my friends do it totally digital). Then I use a transparent vellum to trace the drawing in ink. I use either Koh-I-Noor pens or Sakura Pigma markers to ink it. Scan it then clean it up in PhotoShop and color it.

The process to color it would take me a few pages to describe. It's a process I've been honing for many years as I said. It's mostly just using the selection tool and the airbrush tool. When I'm trying to learn I just look at other coloring styles I like and see if I can duplicate the results. Might not be how they do it but if I get the same look then it's good enough for me.

Thanks for the feedback. You're all too kind.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#13 Post by PyTom »

Well, if you're ever bored and want to describe the coloring process, I'm sure you'll find an audience here.

Was Popotan one of your influences? There's something familiar about the style of your faces and eyes. It could just be coincidence, though.

Nio
Regular

#14 Post by Nio »

I was big into the PoPoTan style for a while. Though I've been just picking up stuff from here and there.

Lately I try to say away from looking at other stuff as much as I can. I want to come up with my own look. But I guess that's sorta impossible since it is bound to look like something somewhere.

Piroshiki
Regular

#15 Post by Piroshiki »

Woah, that's awesome o.o I'll agree with PyTom, it does have a PoPoTan feel to it - not that it's a bad thing, of course.
I'm not a meat bun ~nya