Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
- Posts: 65
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:41 pm
- Projects: Recast
- Skype: andrewngn13
- Location: Glued to my desktop
No, like seriously, just send a pm and I'll respond what I think. I'm open to reading anything.
- Posts: 127
- Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:40 pm
- Projects: Our Lovely Escape, Mizari Loves Company
- Organization: Reine Works
- Tumblr: reineworks
- Location: Canada
The actual license restricts use:
which almost undoubtedly encompasses PWYW, and probably covers donation-based as well. Of course, I'm not a lawyer, but I think it's safe to assume NC licenses don't want you accepting any money whatsoever.… in any manner that is primarily intended for or directed toward commercial advantage or private monetary compensation.
Does "commercial advantage or private monetary compensation" apply to charitable causes (e.g. PWYW, but all proceeds get donated to a legally non-profit charity, or "make a donation to this charity to unlock the game")?
- Lemma-Class Veteran
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:50 pm
- Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
- Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
- Organization: Fastermind Games
- Deviantart: sundownkid
- Location: NYC
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 540
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:20 pm
- Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
- Projects: The Unknown Saga series
- Tumblr: bigattck
- Deviantart: bigattck
- Skype: bigattck firecat
- Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat
- Posts: 144
- Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:02 pm
- Projects: e·phem·er·al, Aeronaut
- Organization: KKBGames
- Skype: thedeerlord09
Sometimes it's a case by case issue. You may be asked to remove something or the content creator won't care. I have better things to do then chase down every iffy use of my content I see it in. Overall, it's better just not to risk it. Games are expensive to make and if you want to make money off of them you just got to take the hit.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users