A Massive, Collaborative Visual Novel-- with a twist!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
warmsundae
Regular
Soundcloud: lanterny

Re: A Massive, Collaborative Visual Novel-- with a twist!

#46 Post by warmsundae »

Looks like this thread hasn't been locked yet, so I guess the game is still in development and you guys are busy. Is there an update about the discord/skype group? I can also make music and would love to help out a bit.

I've read the script and the writing is really pretty. It's good enough to publish, though some parts could be better revised. Just to make sure I'm not confused about the plot: the story's about a guy named Andy, who's looking for his missing friend, Hiroshi, who's in some medieval-type fantasy world?

TheJerminator15
Regular
Completed: A Sedentary Fist
Projects: Manipulation, Switch Swap, Unnamed Project
itch: jamsandwich

#47 Post by TheJerminator15 »

Basically yes, the plot revolves around both of their perspectives. So writers in the future can choose to add to Hiroshi's adventures in the fantasy world he was transported to, or Andy's investigation.

I haven't heard anything regarding the Skype/Discord chat, I'm assuming that once we have the new batch of people who will work on the next part confirmed and communicating in here then the Discord will be set up for them and future collaborators.
My Current Writing Project: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=37699
Manipulation Teaser Demo: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzJ4E ... zV6TWVaclk

warmsundae
Regular
Soundcloud: lanterny

#48 Post by warmsundae »

TheJerminator15 wrote:I haven't heard anything regarding the Skype/Discord chat, I'm assuming that once we have the new batch of people who will work on the next part confirmed and communicating in here then the Discord will be set up for them and future collaborators.
Makes sense.
TheJerminator15 wrote:writers in the future can choose to add to Hiroshi's adventures in the fantasy world he was transported to, or Andy's investigation.
It's great that the idea's starting with a small group. I don't really know if this will end up being as big as it's expected to be, but either way it looks like a really solid setup.

Kinsman
Regular

#49 Post by Kinsman »

Hi, everyone. Sorry for running late.

I didn't get any script updates, but I took the script of Part 1 and added character sprites to it.

If you need the source files for the art, you can find them in the 'arts' folder of the game project.

You can get the latest version of the project here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0LjN ... khJaHlzRVE

Not sure what the next step is for this project - I think we might need to wait for another team to sign-up, unless Team One wants to have another try.
Flash To Ren'Py Exporter
See the Cookbook thread

TheJerminator15
Regular
Completed: A Sedentary Fist
Projects: Manipulation, Switch Swap, Unnamed Project
itch: jamsandwich

#50 Post by TheJerminator15 »

Since the first reply showing interest in the project from team Two I don't recall any interaction from the people involved for that part or any other part. Sadly it seems this attempt at the project has also fallen very flat.

I'm still interested in potentially continuing it, but I also don't have time to write any more myself for the collaboration at the moment.
My Current Writing Project: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=37699
Manipulation Teaser Demo: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzJ4E ... zV6TWVaclk