Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
- Posts: 136
- Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:12 pm
- Projects: Camera Anima
- Organization: EXP-resso Mutt
- Tumblr: sleepy-does-games.tumblr.com
- itch: https://expressomutt
Meanwhile, Ryuukishi07's works tend to have dry first acts but the hook is usually enough to get me through that and get to the meat of the work. And once I'm there, I start trying to blaze through.
- Posts: 211
- Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:34 am
- Projects: Lethargy of Snow
- itch: sonomi
VN games are not as bad for me as they tend to have chapter/route ends which act as natural break for longer games. Strategic/simulation games (like civilization) are worse because it used to give me "one more turn" syndrome which could drag for several hours...
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:38 pm
- Projects: Project Miasma
- Deviantart: AnyuBel
Though, I feel if a game is really immersive, I should be able to finish it in one sitting, even if it's 3+ hours. Then again, I usually only binge play when I have a school break, or something.
I think a good game to look at for immersiveness is probably Amnesia memories. It really kept up its pace on the emotional side. It also had a lot of choices, so that's a plus.
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:45 pm
- Projects: circuit/break
- Tumblr: chickandnugget
- itch: Edelblu
If it's a really good game, I can very easily sit there until I finish the whole thing, no matter how long it takes.
- Posts: 73
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:44 pm
- Projects: The Exorcynic (WIP), CPU-CITY (WIP)
- Tumblr: lemonylulu
- Deviantart: Vegeluxia
- Location: USA
Then there's stuff like Zero Escape, where I either play until I can't stand it, or play for 10 minutes and stop to think about what I just saw.
- Posts: 288
- Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:12 pm
- Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars
- Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
- itch: 4noki
I'll usually play in 15-30 minute intervals, with a minute break in between here and there to check facebook or manga.
For serious, plot-driven games (not nukige or light hearted comedies), I end up playing around 1.5 hours, I suppose.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users