Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
- So I'm just wondering, has anyone used stock images to crowdfund a project with the goal of having better quality art assets if funded successfully?
- Also, has anyone used stock images(Specifically Backgrounds) for their trailer? Because now that I think about it, it's very hard to make a trailer without any solid backgrounds from your game and since your using stock images then the trailer is more or less aesthetically different then what the game would be in the future
- Lemma-Class Veteran
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:50 pm
- Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
- Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
- Organization: Fastermind Games
- Deviantart: sundownkid
- Location: NYC
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 712
- Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:09 pm
- Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
- Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince
Want some CC sprites?
- Ren'Py Creator
- Posts: 15426
- Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:58 am
- Completed: Moonlight Walks
- Projects: Ren'Py
- IRC Nick: renpytom
- Github: renpytom
- itch: renpytom
- Location: Kings Park, NY
It's also sort of - I like to see that the creator has invested money in their own project, if they're asking me to invest alongside them. So a demo with only placeholder art makes me think that the creator isn't willing to put their resources into it - why should I?
A project with some final art, and some placeholder art, is way better in my book - in fact, I kind of consider that mix a bit charming, when I encounter it.
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Silly and fun things are important." - Elon Musk
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:59 pm
- Deviantart: teagirl-vn
- Skype: teagirl-vn
Try to search for some japanese market site, they sell drawing background sets as stock images that means to use for Visual Novel, anime style at pro level with really cheap prices, one of my cilents showed me the site once, but I didn't notice it's address, I remember they have an english version for non-japanese user, and they sell all kind of stuffs like sprites, soundtracks etc...
If you don't have a lot of budget and your game take place in modern days, you can search for Uncle Mugen Resources, I think he opened a topic in this forum to share his free 3d backgrounds some years ago.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users