Tools for Game Jams, Sprints, and other Projects

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Tools for Game Jams, Sprints, and other Projects

#1 Post by sake-bento »

With NaNoRenO right around the corner, I've been thinking about the tools that might be used to keep track of work. For instance, the NaNoWriMo site has a word counter that lets you know how far you have to go before you hit your goal and how many words you have to write each day to get there. Are there any similar productivity tools for RenO, or any tools that you like to use to stay organized?

I typically use Habitica for the day-to-day things, but I'm curious to see if there are any sites, apps, or softwares that are made for this more specific purpose. If not, what sort of things would help you? Is there a tool or app that you'd really like to see to help you finish a project sprint or game jam like NaNoRenO or WriMo?

Tyrantauranox
Regular

Re: Tools for Game Jams, Sprints, and other Projects

#2 Post by Tyrantauranox »

I've used Slack in that fashion (mainly the communication side of productivity). It's good to keep an "off-topic" or "random" channel to handle stuff that's unrelated to the project. Trello and Jira (not necessarily together) have worked well for task tracking.

Alte
The Great Organizer
Github: nualte
itch: alte

Re: Tools for Game Jams, Sprints, and other Projects

#3 Post by Alte »

Darim provided a Project Management Tools List.

Indie Game Jams- website that keeps track of Game Jams. (Nanoreno2017 isn't on there yet)
Ren'Py Cookbook Directory

I'm not affiliated with Ren'Py/ itch.io/ Steam/ etc.