NaNoRenO is underway!!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Jerails
Veteran

#121 Post by Jerails »

Yeah, I'm saving my breath. Everyone's so into that Nana-thinger that well, there ain't really much going on in these forums. Sadly, I ain't exactly a game-maker dood, and the other forums are dry. Once everyone's back to their daily routes, hopefully there'll be somethin around for me to blabber about. Maybe once this Nono stuff is done, I could throw out some fat to chew.
It's been a while, folks!

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#122 Post by rioka »

lol Once the NoNo stuff is done, you'll have plenty to blab about alright. For one thing, reviews will be in demand. :hint hint:

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#123 Post by mikey »

In 5 days already... Hmmm, I need to get working on the web page.

It seems though that with all the Easter going on I can't find free time to actually sit down and play the game (which is already in beta stage) thoroughly, undisturbed, so I can pick out the small things and correct them. This in fact prevents me from releasing it sooner... :(

Anyway, it looks like the game will have around
- 12 MB packed
- 50-60 MB unpacked
- 1 hour of gameplay
- 2 endings

The downside is, that I think I put in a password that is way too difficult and without it, there's no ending at all. Be warned then, to read carefully and think about all the password hints you'll be given. It will of course seem easy once you have it figured out, but I'm just afraid people will be put off by the difficulty. So I am making a password FAQ as well. The tough guys of course, need not download it ^_^.

Jerails
Veteran

#124 Post by Jerails »

Five days...I should have plenty of time. Reviews. Yes...That is the game. Reviews. Hopefully I won't be too lazy about it.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#125 Post by mikey »

I forgot to mention... since I need to have everything done in order to test thoroughly (and assemble), I need to have a final list of people who give me the okay to mention them as NaNoRenO participants I've worked alongside - There is going to be a small statement, a thankyou to all NaNoRenOers, and mentioning:
Grey, Chronoluminaire, Nyna, PyTom and Rio

So if anyone else (NaNoRenO/IntRenAiMo participant) gives me permission to put their names in, please do so. You'll be thanked as "all other participants" in case I don't have your permission. My final deadline is 28.3. 23:59 CET, I need the other days to test, sorry. You don't have to credit me in your game, although you may if you want. Okay, that's all from me.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Concession Speech

#126 Post by PyTom »

Okay, this is a fairly hard announcement, but I think it's one that I should make before people decide on who to credit for their NaNoRenO/IntRenAiMo games.

I will not be releasing a game in conjuction with NaNoRenO or IntRenAiMo.

I was working on a game for a while, but I eventaully dropped it. The problem was I was sick near the start of the -Mo, and so didn't have time to do planning or find the right story. I rushed into writing without proper planning... and didn't get very far.

About a week or two ago, I realized I had a new story I can't not tell. So I decided to drop the -Mo project in favor of that. My sig quote can give an idea of the topic, for the sufficently google-inclined.

Although I've let a few people know privately, I've held off on a public annoucement because I didn't want to discourage people from making their games. I figure at this point, the people who are making their games are unstoppable.

Why do I mention this? Well, I feel kinda uncomfortable being credited in the same breath as the people who actually went the distance and will be releasing new games as part of the -Mo project, when all I did was provide moral and/or technical support.

Anyway, just thought I would get that out in the open, before I get credit I don't deserve.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#127 Post by Megaman Z »

Well... that's two games out of (how many? 6? 7? more?) officially dead... (Binki's game was deleted by her brother...) let's see what comes out at the end of the month, OK?

(And I'm still gonna try to play them all... even if I don't manage to complete them... And I'm gonna let you guys know about my project and it's status [it's not dead])
Eclipse wrote:lol Once the NoNo stuff is done, you'll have plenty to blab about alright. For one thing, reviews will be in demand. :hint hint:
even though this wasn't aimed at me, I'm still gonna try to review and comment on them all.
~Kitsune Zeta

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#128 Post by chronoluminaire »

That's a real pity to hear that, Py'Tom. :( However, you'll still be getting a whopping big credit in my game, because there's no way I could have done it without Ren'Py. I look forward to seeing your new game!

As for me, although I got a load of writing done yesterday (Good Friday being a bank holiday and thus day off work helps a lot), today I've not been anywhere near as productive script-wise, partly because I've been playing with the technical side of things a bit. I'm still hoping to finish the script writing by the end of tomorrow, though; if I do overrun then Bank Holiday Monday can be when I finish off the main script, as well as the omake. This does leave very little time for integration testing, although since it's in Ren'Py I've been able to do that as I go along.

Just to prove it, here's a couple of screenshots. :D
1, 2
Last edited by chronoluminaire on Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedSlash
Veteran

#129 Post by RedSlash »

chrono: Can I ask.... what is the filter you used to turn those photographs into drawings?

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#130 Post by chronoluminaire »

:D No problem. It's the "-paint" commandline option to the mogrify mode of GraphicsMagick. I manually adjusted the brightness and contrast on some of them (and did a bit of rotating, clipping etc), all in The GIMP. But the oil-paint effect (well, that's what they call it) was done with the GraphicsMagick commandline tools, with parameter between -paint 2 and -paint 6 depending on the photo. HTH :)

Grey
Veteran

#131 Post by Grey »

Looking good chrono :D I'm certainly looking forward to playing it.

My games rate of progress does not look promising for an end-of-March release. Things just keep getting in the way, both in and out of my control. I'm certainly not giving up, but if the first comes and I'm not ready then I won't be putting anything out that day :|

Back to work. 'Till 11. No excuses(I hope)

Good luck all.

Jerails
Veteran

#132 Post by Jerails »

Audentes Fortuna Juvat...

...*Thinkin*...*Gives up on trying to remember any Latin and goes straight for the dictionary*...*Flip flip*...*Flip*...*Flip*...

Courageous Fortune of Youth? Somethin along those lines...

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#133 Post by rioka »

Well, taking PyTom's hint about googling, one site specified it as roughly translating is "Fortune helps those who dare". It goes on to say...
Audentes from 'audeo'--to be bold, adventurous, to dare; dentes is a participle, and the ending is the same for both masculine and feminine plural accusative. So it'd be the object of the sentence. Fortuna, fortune. Fortune is in the nominative case--it's the subject of the sentence. Juvat to help, aid, assist, support, benefit.

And like chrono said, I'm still giving you props, PyTom.

re mikey>> 50-60MB? One hour of play? Can't wait to play it! ^_^

re Megaman Z>>Actually, that's two out of 15. Must not forget the late-comers. All-in-all, not bad for a first-year event - and a very good turn out considering how many ren'ai developer's we had at the start (about 4-5).

re chrono>> lol I think I'm going to like the main character! XD

Well, back to work... ^____^

Grey
Veteran

#134 Post by Grey »

eclipse wrote:Well, taking PyTom's hint about googling, one site specified it as roughly translating is "Fortune helps those who dare".
Or, the catchier version that you may actually have heard before, "Fortune favours the bold"

Jerails
Veteran

#135 Post by Jerails »

It looks like it's almost time for that last stretch home...

*Cheerleader outfit. DDR music : B4U Speed Mix*

Goooo, Ren-ai developers! One two! B4U! Three four, lay-it on the floor! Five six! You're in the mix! Seven eight! Now lay em straight!