NaNoRenO is underway!!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
bookie
Veteran

#196 Post by bookie »

Woo! *dances* That reminds me that I have a lot of releases yet to play. I should do that this weekend.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#197 Post by rioka »

Grey wrote:Expect a release tomorrow or the next day :)
Yay! A new game!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#198 Post by mikey »

Grey wrote:Expect a release tomorrow or the next day.
*deletes unwanted files, makes special folder on HDD...*
If you hurry up, you'll make the (NaNoRenO)2 deadline - make a game in 2 months :P :P
Great news!

PixelWrangler
Regular

#199 Post by PixelWrangler »

chronoluminaire wrote:This seems as good a topic as any to ask how Grey's game is going? We're still eager to see it, you know! Also P.W. and Albie, who mentioned ongoing games a while ago... How're they going?
After I missed the NNRO deadline, I expanded the scope of the game slightly, and decided to redo a lot of the hurriedly-done graphics and add in some things I had been unable to consider due to the time constraints of NNRO (see here). As of now, it's still in planning. Also, I'm still trying to figure out which engine to use for the final project. The 4.8x series of Ren'Py have made the decision a lot more interesting.

I'm also caught between "types" of projects. Currently, it's ren'ai game vs. web manga. And, of course, real life keeps jumping up and demanding attention, as real life is wont to do.

Interesting tidbits I can offer RE: my ren'ai projects...

I know someone who knows someone who speaks native Japanese, so I'm working on getting an accurate Japanese alternative name to the new title of my ex-NNRO project. Also, that same person has access to a lot of photos of Japan, and has offered to let me use them free of charge.

I am well on my way to completing the theme music for my ex-NNRO project (as a side note, does anyone know of a free, really good, full-featured MIDI sequencer that offers MIDI controls as well as note placement?)

There is also another project I have in mind, for either after this one, or before as a "first project" type... and it was inspired, amusingly enough, by a post of yours, chronoluminaire. ;)

As mentioned before, there is a much larger ren'ai game I had been working on before NNRO, but that will most likely come after one or both of the games above. (as a side note... it's great that the boards ask you to sign in when posting now. :))

The software I was planning to use to help me with/create backgrounds has been down for a little while, but it should hopefully be back up and running some time this week.

So... shuffling the deck, and waiting to see which card comes out on top. Thanks for the follow-up, chronoluminaire... it's good to know there's still interest out there, as it helps keep up motivation. :)

P.W.
Life is hard.
Except in ren'ai games.
Then it's a whole lot softer.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#200 Post by mikey »

PixelWrangler wrote:it's good to know there's still interest out there, as it helps keep up motivation. :)
Of course there is. The thing I always keep on telling though is that an early announcement not followed by the full game in a few weeks will eventually lead to frustration on both ends - there are of course many unforseen circumstances, but even though you can understand them, it doesn't make the wait any shorter. This is not your case as you haven't really announced anything officially and it's an open secret that everyone is in some way working on something, but the problem arises from expectation. So either you resign and don't believe any announcements (for instance a Love Revolution demo was announced for "around Christmas". Year 2003), or you get fired up every time something is announced (which makes you frustrated easily when deadlines are not kept).

I have a middle way, I usually believe it for starters, but when there's no progress after a certain time my doubts start to rise rapidly.

Then again, people do want to talk about their projects and all, so it's hard to find a balance. I think for instance the release of Heikou was well done - one month after NNRN, a good balance between extra time and endless postponings.

Still, I do keep an overview of the announced projects, and I guess from time to time I try to "remind" people that I am waiting :twisted: but I mean it well, "constructive pressure" as I like to call it. ^_^

(yeah, this was probably one as well)